The Asteroid Sentinels: A KSP Graphic Novel (Series 8 Episode 10: Finale!)

4 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Val decides to go with the crew of the "Mission Very Possible" and help them on there crazy adventure. With everything fixed, they decide to depart-but the rocket stage they have won't be enough both get to the mun and orbit it. The ARM spacecraft is in orbit around the Mun. What's the solution? Find out in the finale of Series 5 aka another Holiday special (unfortunately delayed a few days)!So what's your idea for helping the MVP into orbit around the Mun? After Series 5 will be another interlude. I'll note Series 5 was more consistent in episode length, at about 2-4, unlike series 4's 1-6. it's also a bit shorter. The full series 5 album will be up on the first page. This also marks 100 posts!

Sounds like they need a tanker flight if they can't get to the asteroid. :)

On December 26, 2015 at 7:57 PM, CAKE99 said:

My idea is "Advanced Technology" it's what I call cheating :D

Hmm, but Kerbal technology in this era is around Real Earth ~2030, so sadly, they are not equipped with high class warp drive. :(

On December 26, 2015 at 11:03 PM, Angel-125 said:

Sounds like they need a tanker flight if they can't get to the asteroid. :)

They technically just sent one though... The KOL... :huh: Hypothetically they can get there, but the they are gonna have to dump the 2nd stage. 

On December 26, 2015 at 10:55 PM, Angel-125 said:

How about the Knoll? :)

Maybe!

I had a busy weekend and I couldn't use the laptop yesterday, but TAS is back with an conversation with Gene and Mort to clear up some of Series 5, and reveal some of the inner thoughts of Mortimer Kerman...

CAFNw1q.pngAlso, feel free to give me a few more ideas, preferably with the current spacecraft!  Gene's (mine) will be for the next interlude episode, and the following ones will feature the several aboard M:VP heading for the Asteroid in orbit 'round the Mun!

Happy New Year, and here's the first entry of the year! I had family to be with and computer storage issues, but i'm back with the plans for entering Mun Orbit. Hopefully you guys can find a few things to help me out. The interlude won't use individual names for each episode, but rather go by the name "Transit" in whole. Anyway, here we are at mission control...uJqJuL4.jpgJeb is next! School is starting, so don't expect another surge like last week. :( 

Alright! This is a much longer 3 page interlude with the crew of the "Mission:Very Possible" focusing around Jeb. Here's a refresher on Jeb and his character, as well the crew proceeding with Gene's plan- For Now. Here's Jeb and Company!

1I1plR0.png

Ctp98j5.png?1RfRuhZ6.pngI'm planning on either doing Val, Subeth, Bill, or maybe even the little talked about tourists on board the spacecraft for the next interlude, tell me what you'd want! Also, how's are the changes to the format this episode (Maybe the effects?)? I found the picture of Jeb on the first panel disturbingly entertaining to screenshot. :P

Edited by SaturnianBlue

The Phoenix Supersonic Aircraft (unnamed in series 5) has been released and featured on Spacecraft Friday! I put the links to it and the SENTINEL crafts on the front page.

A quick little entry from Bill. Holograms do in fact exist in the Kerbal Universe, as does cheese?

D2sMJ14.jpgSubeth and the Tourists will be next, and they won't be talking about Mort.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

Interlude Episode 5. This is probably the finale.

aVGqeRP.png

MxoyzI3.pngKxs0PH8.png

This episode is dedicated in the memory of David Bowie.   Ground Control to Major Jeb...

Color code for tourists is yellow-greenish shades, slightly different. Multiple shout outs this episode. I'm planning on writing a link on the Fanworks section kind like the Kerbfleet reference guides, though somewhat more "behind the scenes" details in it. What do you think?

Here we are with the beginning of Series 6, with the 4 Kerbonauts executing the burn to reach Mun Orbit. PvEPJt8.pngeLepay1.png7Y6I5Ow.pngI've made a couple of formatting changes, and I replaced the old logo with a new one that has a transparent background, which is much more convenient. What do you think about them? 

Interlude 2 is now on the OP for you to enjoy in one go. :)

Edited by SaturnianBlue

57 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Ouch.  That staging display looks ominous.  That's usually a sign of impending crash.  I hope it's back to normal when you restart the game.

I'm pretty sure its because of some of the visual mods I use, but I think in general there is no major harm done.

Edit:We also reached 12K views!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

Series 6 Episode 2 is out! We are nearing 12,500 views! :) This episode features the crew fumbling around with orbits and trying o get on an intercept with ARM, as well as getting the Refinery Separated... As well as a disturbing (For The Kerbals) new menace. 

6Dv9Lqs.png

dUyZ7St.pngVBI0Bp4.pngNext episode will involve more details about this, and probably the approach to the asteroid and maybe the refinery landing??? Also note:Scatterer was the one making those bugs.

(Heh, I misspelled menace and it auto corrected to "peace". Ironic.)

Good one, Blue. Now the crew is living up to the name on the tin--grappling those space potatoes! Sometimes a story works extremely well presenting the mechanics of something like that--people can read it to be entertained by the characters wrestling with all the challenges of intercepting, running out of fuel, etc, and they can also get insights for their own gameplay. 

Now, this mysterious invisible menace? Could be anything! Hope wrangling asteroids is good practice for whatever lies ahead.

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

If it's an invisible menace, wouldn't it be a... phantom menace? ;)

That would have been the original title, but phantom technically means something like an illusion without physical form or something so I opted for Invisible. 

Also, I'm now at 666 rep.. muhahaha! (And 2/3 to 1k)

Edited by SaturnianBlue

23 hours ago, Starhawk said:

"Invisible Menace" - Dun dun DUNNNNN!

Thanks.

Happy landings!

You will find this menace to be familiar yet at only at a material level..... Also, this thread is almost at 12.5 K views!

This is a long 5 page episode, involving the four astronauts trying to scramble the station bits for the course corrections, which also takes a fair amount of trying, sending the refinery on a lower orbit and de-orbiting it to refine the ore, and lastly more info on the one who discovers...odw6W0F.pngZmeirXl.pngKp9CFSL.pngyKFKeEi.pnglNJDDKe.pngThe North Pole research station is from Kerbinside's Polar Research Station. :)

Also, I felt like noting the process of making these comics (For Series 6.), which is...

1. Have an outline for what I want to do and loosely think of a script in my head

2."Film" the scenes in-game.

3. Write the script on Word

4. Take the script and pictures into powerpoint and start making the comics, edit as needed. :)

5. Put on imgur and then on the KSP forums. Repeat. :P

Thanks for viewing. :)

Apologies for the long break, I suppose that was the break that never happened between interlude 2 and S6, I had a rather busy week as can be told from my posts. However, here we are with Series 6 Episode 4, with the landing to take place, and a greatly disturbing event will occur...X87qWH4.pngSPZkqyf.pnggpoX8Jp.pngHere we are... Jeb's out... For now... The "filters" that you might have noticed in some screenshots are from the ColorHiResTV setting of the MovieTime mod, which I certainly plan on using more.

Also notable: this thread has reached 13K! 

Edited by SaturnianBlue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.