The Asteroid Sentinels: A KSP Graphic Novel (Series 8 Episode 10: Finale!)

Whoops, fixed the title, it is not the 12th episode of Series 7!   

Also, I have pieced together Series 6 into one album, and in fact it has 49 pages, making it the longest, and means the novel is at 200 pages!  Hopefully no ordering is screwed up.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

5 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Oops.  Don't you hate it when the Kraken eats your ships like that?  And how do you fly all these visually asymmetrical things?  They all look like they'd tumble badly.

I flew the "Mission Very Possible" (the one with the 4 kerbals.) at about 1/3rd throttle, or else it would tumble. The space station was alright, with careful balancing it could easily thrust full throttle, but very weird bugs that might involve KIS/KAS have struck!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

Here we are! 5 Pages tonight, as the kerbals try and recollect the scattered pieces of the space station, and Wernher plans a meeting across the sea...

a2NivY6.pngQ0vYt0M.png5sfQ81C.pnglLYYhWy.pngpTzlWlR.pngOf course, the purpose of this Kerbal from the station is likely to be contested, but i'm not telling you why he's here!

Also, that plane on the 3rd page is technically and X-Wing right? :P It's capable of Mach ~4+ at height, and Mach 3+ at sea level.

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hm, looks like there is a bug of some sort, can you post your logs? I'm curious about why the Homestead looks that way...

In what way does it look weird? I have a separator on top, with a heat shield shroud with a rather similar texture, could that be it?

55 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

The Hacienda has a Wild Blue logo and if you have Pathfinder installed then there appears to be an error. It should at least have the Ironworks template logo. Are you able to right click the part and inflate it in flight?

Ah Ha! Yea, I can't inflate it. I am getting Null Ref. Exceptions.

8 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, can you send or post your logs? I can see what's going on. Works fine for me so I'm curious about why it's not working. Did you get the latest Wild Blue Tools from GitHub?

I'm not playing right now, but I'll send them when I can. I think it might be that I'm missing the tools.

16 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Where could this be?

It looks very much like what I call "MECO Point".  That is, if you follow the equator east from KSC, this is the 1st bit of land you touch, on the far side of Boosterbottom Gulf.

11 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

It looks very much like what I call "MECO Point".  That is, if you follow the equator east from KSC, this is the 1st bit of land you touch, on the far side of Boosterbottom Gulf.

Yep, but heavily modified to my needs.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

3 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Yel, but heavily modified to my needs.

Is that a normal Kerbinside facility or did you make that yourself?  Either way, it looks great.

Kerbinside is one of the 1st mods I'm going to install in 1.1, assuming it survives the transition.

1 hour ago, UnusualAttitude said:

Jealous. This reminds me how woefully short the stock runway is for my needs. Unfortunately,  one more mod and my KSP install will start throwing up :mad:

Hopefully that won't be a problem much longer.

22 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Is that a normal Kerbinside facility or did you make that yourself?  Either way, it looks great.

Kerbinside is one of the 1st mods I'm going to install in 1.1, assuming it survives the transition.

Hopefully that won't be a problem much longer.

It's a collection of the full KerbinSide pack parts, so it wasn't mine.

1 hour ago, UnusualAttitude said:

Jealous. This reminds me how woefully short the stock runway is for my needs. Unfortunately,  one more mod and my KSP install will start throwing up :mad:

My game quickly reaches the 3GB limit though. :( 

5 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

It's a collection of the full KerbinSide pack parts, so it wasn't mine. 

So you figured out how to move things around?  Cool.  I thought that runway looked familiar.  It's been a long time since I used Kerbinside but I remember one of the bases had that huge runway, but it was out in the desert IIRC.  "Area 61" or something, right?

49 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

So you figured out how to move things around?  Cool.  I thought that runway looked familiar.  It's been a long time since I used Kerbinside but I remember one of the bases had that huge runway, but it was out in the desert IIRC.  "Area 61" or something, right?

It took me a while, but the Ctrl-K window brought up the assets and I could just load them up into my save. I think the runway I used was titled "huge runway" in the assets. I'm working on the episode pages now.

Sorry for the consistent delays. The newest series will have longer episodes at the cost of a low frequency. That set aside, here's an exciting third episode of The Asteroid Sentinels Series 7! *Page two isn't really necessary for the plot, it's a bonus page. :) 

Ac4s8Yt.pngGwszPSs.pngycuTSIn.pngD3VLxbV.pngxWf6xR9.pngi9yL9Lb.png4K0M4e6.png

Also, the portals talked about in the last page are to some extent real

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.