[PART] [1.8.0 - 1.12+] ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More v2.0.5.1 Waterfall Edition [8-11-2021]

TheShadow1138

I absolutely love this mod!  It looks great, and it plays so nicely with the stock parts and other mods.

It looks like the Setesh CBC is not balanced quite right in terms of the Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer amounts.  There's a bit more oxidizer in there than the stock .9:1.1 ration.  Was this done intentionally?  If not, might i suggest tweaking the fuel capacities to 4950 (fuel) / 5610 (oxidozer)?

Edited by wage0048

19 hours ago, wage0048 said:

I absolutely love this mod!  It looks great, and it plays so nicely with the stock parts and other mods.

It looks like the Setesh CBC is not balanced quite right in terms of the Liquid Fuel/Oxidizer amounts.  There's a bit more oxidizer in there than the stock .9:1.1 ration.  Was this done intentionally?  If not, might i suggest tweaking the fuel capacities to 4950 (fuel) / 5610 (oxidozer)?

Thanks, great to hear.

I'm not sure how the CBC Fuel/Oxidizer ratio ended up out of whack.  It was probably a miscalculation on my part.  Do you get roughly the same performance with your capacities?  I've changed the values in my development copy to play around with it a bit.  Thanks for catching this.

Edited by TheShadow1138

• 1 month later...

After a very long hiatus here are the first renders of the Ares V Earth Departure Stage with a single engine and double engine mount, The Jupiter DIRECT Upper Stage that will have nodes for 6x RL10-B engines, the Interstage decoupler that can be used with either upper stage, and the Jupiter DIRECT first stage Engine Mount that comfortably fits 4x RS-25s.

An overview render of the parts:

jinBx1t.png

Close-up of the single-engine mount for the EDS:

Gvxzlql.png

Close-up of the double-engine mount for the EDS:

7miRvJI.png

Close-up of the Ares V Earth Departure Stage (EDS):

Cgpw3xH.png

Close-up of the Jupiter DIRECT first stage Engine Mount:

6css2KI.png

Close-up of the Jupiter DIRECT upper stage and engine mount:

WKvZDx4.png

All of the textures for the above parts are complete (the bumps will not be as severe in-game).  The RL10-B and RS-25 updated models have been UV mapped, I just need to texture them, which may be done sometime this week.  Once the new engine models are textured I will need to start working on the models for the Altair Lander (Ascent Stage, Descent Stage, Landing Legs).

Just finished the textures for the remodeled RS-25 and RL10-B.  Here are the renders:

RS-25:
26NyLFb.png

RL10-B:
a7XfXh7.png

The RL10-C will be the same model, but it will have a stripe on the nozzle extension, maybe also a "C", to make it visually different from the RL10-B.  Now I just need to model the Altair lander.  Updates will be forthcoming as models are completed.

Edit:  RL10-C with stripe and letter
oPxojRV.png

Edited by TheShadow1138
add render of the C variant

Here's a quick render of the current progress on the Altair lander Ascent and Descent Stages alongside the Orion for scale.

HUrYhLY.png

I'm planning for the lander to carry 4 kerbals and I am laying out the IVA as I build the stage.  It may not be apparent from the render, but the ascent stage is about as tall as the fully assembled Orion spacecraft.

Edited by TheShadow1138

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
19 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Hello out there in shadow land. how goes it>?

just checking

cheers.

It's slow going, a combination of work and low motivation.  I have started to get back into building the Altair with the RCS mount pylons modeled on the ascent stage.  I have a few days off that I might get some more done on the ascent and descent stages and then tackle the landing legs.  The lander is really all that remains to be modeled and textured.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ThatHTU said:

For some reason, the "Orion CM Parachutes SW-PC-01 don't work. they don't even appear as something to stage with.

Do you have the "_ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg" in the ShadowWorks folder, and what version are you using?  I had once accidentally had the RealChutes config set up to require RealChutes, which naturally caused problems with the chutes if RealChutes was not installed, but this was fixed in the most recent version (v1.3.2).  If you do not have RealChutes but still have the "_ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg" file, try deleting that file from ShadowWorks and restart KSP to see if that fixes the chutes.

22 minutes ago, TheShadow1138 said:

Do you have the "_ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg" in the ShadowWorks folder, and what version are you using?  I had once accidentally had the RealChutes config set up to require RealChutes, which naturally caused problems with the chutes if RealChutes was not installed, but this was fixed in the most recent version (v1.3.2).  If you do not have RealChutes but still have the "_ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg" file, try deleting that file from ShadowWorks and restart KSP to see if that fixes the chutes.

so I was looking at some other craft, and had to install realchute, after I did that, it fixed the problem. I didn't know that realchute was needed. anyway, thanks.

so now that I'm launching rockets, the Orion service module's decoulper likes to bend and snap during launches, so when the G's get to high (even with throttle adjustments) or I start to gravity turn, the CM snaps off, and the entire rocket explodes hitting it. I've tried installing ferram aerospace, but that isn't compatible with ksp 1.2

4 hours ago, ThatHTU said:

so now that I'm launching rockets, the Orion service module's decoulper likes to bend and snap during launches, so when the G's get to high (even with throttle adjustments) or I start to gravity turn, the CM snaps off, and the entire rocket explodes hitting it. I've tried installing ferram aerospace, but that isn't compatible with ksp 1.2

As of ShadowWorks 1.3.2 you shouldn't need RealChute.  Try removing the "_ShadowWorks_RealChute.cfg" file from the GameData folder entirely.  I had some issues with what I believe you're describing with the CM snapping off and it had to do with the RealChute config.  If that doesn't work, are you trying to launch the prebuilt rockets, using the included SM subassembly, or are you building from scratch?

3 hours ago, davidy12 said:

NICE WORK @TheShadow1138!!! FYI: Is their anyway you can give them Stockalike names?

Thanks.  What do you mean by stockalike names?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.