[PART] [1.8.0 - 1.12+] ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More v2.0.5.1 Waterfall Edition [8-11-2021]

TheShadow1138

Hey shadow, I have an idea for you to consider as your next direction for this mod:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_(rocket_family)

Jupiter_Family.jpg

The Jupiter rocket family, part of the DIRECT proposal. It would have used existing Shuttle hardware and evolve it into this rocket family. You already have the External Tank, Orion and associated hardware, SSME, and SRBs, so it should probably be easy for you to make additional parts for this family in order to be implemented.

Hey shadow, I have an idea for you to consider as your next direction for this mod:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/Jupiter_Family.jpg

The Jupiter rocket family, part of the DIRECT proposal. It would have used existing Shuttle hardware and evolve it into this rocket family. You already have the External Tank, Orion and associated hardware, SSME, and SRBs, so it should probably be easy for you to make additional parts for this family in order to be implemented.

All that is needed are fairings and engine mounts. You can make those yourself with existing parts quite easily.

I have suggested to Shadowmage that he make a series of Centaur upper stages for the Shuttle, and possibly for a Saturn rocket series. Centaur is definitely desirable for the shuttle.

All that is needed are fairings and engine mounts. You can make those yourself with existing parts quite easily.

Ye but what about an engine mount with the engines arranged in a line? I don't see that around. The mod could do with that alone and call the rockets a Jupiter family.

Ye but what about an engine mount with the engines arranged in a line? I don't see that around. The mod could do with that alone and call the rockets a Jupiter family.
Jupiter-246 is basically the same as the SLS Block IB/II. RL-10B upper stage, 4 SSME's. Jupiter-130 was designed to be an interrim rocket and is basically the same as the proposed SLS Block 0.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/Jupiter_Family.jpg

I have given it some thought since it would require relatively few parts to be made, especially now. I could add an upper attachment node to the fairing base, or slightly modify it for a second part if the node would get in the way of payloads when Orion is not stacked. So really the only part I would need to make would be the tank for the upper stage, which wouldn't be too difficult.

I've about settled on the parts for the next update. I'm going to include the Shuttle Docking System, which is already modeled, the OMS pods, the Pressurized Mating Adapter, a Common Berthing Mechanism port, and ISS-style space station modules. The modules have already been modeled and textured, and they have IVAs, but the IVAs are extremely simple (no props) and the Kerbals spawn inside them in midair to make it appear as though they are floating. Of course, they are all in their sitting pose so it may not be preferable by some. I'll post a screenshot or two of one or two of the IVAs and let y'all tell me if you would just want a retexturing or a more detailed IVA. I will be retexturing the external models to take advantage of some of the texturing techniques I've acquired since.

I have given it some thought since it would require relatively few parts to be made, especially now. I could add an upper attachment node to the fairing base, or slightly modify it for a second part if the node would get in the way of payloads when Orion is not stacked. So really the only part I would need to make would be the tank for the upper stage, which wouldn't be too difficult.

I've about settled on the parts for the next update. I'm going to include the Shuttle Docking System, which is already modeled, the OMS pods, the Pressurized Mating Adapter, a Common Berthing Mechanism port, and ISS-style space station modules. The modules have already been modeled and textured, and they have IVAs, but the IVAs are extremely simple (no props) and the Kerbals spawn inside them in midair to make it appear as though they are floating. Of course, they are all in their sitting pose so it may not be preferable by some. I'll post a screenshot or two of one or two of the IVAs and let y'all tell me if you would just want a retexturing or a more detailed IVA. I will be retexturing the external models to take advantage of some of the texturing techniques I've acquired since.

Wow! What about the Orbiter External Airlock?

I still want dat Centaur though :P

An in-line engine mount should be fairly easy. I'll probably also throw in a five-point mount for those who want a five-engine configuration on the SLS.

Wow! What about the Orbiter External Airlock?

I still want dat Centaur though :P

I assume you mean this:

hj6CjmL.png

I hadn't seen it called that recently, and after a quick search it was what I thought it was. The docking port goes on top, and I will put an airlock on it, so it should work more or less as it did in real-life.

Here are the Station Module IVA screen shots: (Providence habitation module)

bZ8WPin.png

OHxcTJZ.png

And one of the external: (Providence habitation module & Serenity Service Module)

KlcEPNz.png

Edited by TheShadow1138

An in-line engine mount should be fairly easy. I'll probably also throw in a five-point mount for those who want a five-engine configuration on the SLS.

I assume you mean this:

http://i.imgur.com/hj6CjmL.png

I hadn't seen it called that recently, and after a quick search it was what I thought it was. The cocking port goes on top, and I will put an airlock on it, os it should work more or less as it did in real-life.

Here are the Station Module IVA screen shots: (Providence habitation module)

http://i.imgur.com/bZ8WPin.png

http://i.imgur.com/OHxcTJZ.png

And one of the external: (Providence habitation module & Serenity Service Module)

http://i.imgur.com/KlcEPNz.png

2569068_orig.png

Seriously, though. The APAS will be separate from the OEA so I can use Beale's, right?

Also, cocking port? Seriously? Does it have a gun on it or something? :sticktongue:

Or do you mean this creature?

Feral_rooster_on_Kauai.jpg

http://cucpopculture.weebly.com/uploads/4/5/3/5/45359757/2569068_orig.png

Seriously, though. The APAS will be separate from the OEA so I can use Beale's, right?

Yes, you can use Beale's, or the one in my mod. I set mine up so that it would dock with Beale's 0.9375m APAS ports anyway. The OEA will have a node on top for the docking port so you can use any 0.9375m docking port you like.

Also, cocking port? Seriously? Does it have a gun on it or something? :sticktongue:

Or do you mean this creature?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Feral_rooster_on_Kauai.jpg

An unfortunate typo, that has been fixed.

Yes, you can use Beale's, or the one in my mod. I set mine up so that it would dock with Beale's 0.9375m APAS ports anyway. The OEA will have a node on top for the docking port so you can use any 0.9375m docking port you like.

An unfortunate typo, that has been fixed.

Good and good.

I installed the mod correctly but the parts are still not appearing in game. Is there a complimentary mod that I need to install as well?

There are no dependencies for this mod. The parts are all inside the "ShadowWorks" folder which should be in the GameData folder. Your path should be "GameData/ShadowWorks".

When you downloaded the mod it should have unzipped into a folder named "ShadowWorks_Stockalike_SLS_1_1". Inside that folder should be 2 folders and 3 text files. The folders are "GameData" and "Ships". To install the parts correctly you need to copy the ShadowWorks folder located in "ShadowWorks_Stockalike_SLS_1_1/GameData" to your KSP GameData folder. If you are in sandbox mode the parts should all appear. If you are just starting a career game, or don't have all of the tech nodes unlocked either all or some of the parts will not be available until you unlock the tech nodes in which they reside.

So, for the mod to be installed correctly the path to the ShadowWorks folder must look like one of the following:

"KSP_win/GameData/ShadowWorks"

"KSP_osx/GameData/ShadowWorks"

"KSP_lin/GameData/ShadowWorks"

I hope this helps, but let me know if you are still having issues.

I double and triple checked the installation path. Still not appearing. The ships are appearing in game howevver

Can you load one of the craft in the VAB without any error messages? I'm not aware of any incompatibilities that might keep all of the parts from loading. What version of KSP are you running and what other mods do you have installed?

Can you load one of the craft in the VAB without any error messages? I'm not aware of any incompatibilities that might keep all of the parts from loading. What version of KSP are you running and what other mods do you have installed?

Ok I uninstalled it and reinstalled for the third time but the only ships that it lets me load is the block 1 sls, orion cm, and the stock sts. nothing else. as far as other mods just stuff like tantares, fasa, taurus, and that's about it. Module Manager as well.

Update: I haven't had much time to work on this in the past few days, but here's a render of some progress I've made today on the OMS pod.

VIeOShb.png

The OMS engine is the one that's in the mod already, it's just there for fit testing. I'll be using boolean operations to subtract the RCS ports. Right now I'm planning to make the two pods as a single part so I"m only adding one part instead of 2 (one left, one right). I think doing it this way may help ensure that the RCS will be balanced, however, if people would prefer a left pod and a right pod, that would be fairly simple.

Here's the picture of the error message. I doubt if this will show up on here.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gabrieldmay/screenshots/

I was able to look at the screenshot. If those are all the parts it can't load, they are the parts added in the last update. Are you able to load the Block I craft file? Is it only the newest parts that aren't showing up, or all of them?

If it's only the newest parts that aren't showing up, make sure you have the following folders:

GameData/ShadowWorks/Parts/Adapters

GameData/ShadowWorks/Parts/EUS

GameData/ShadowWorks/Parts/LRB

It might help if you could upload your KSP.log file to PasteBin or DropBox so I can see what errors are being thrown at startup.

I was able to look at the screenshot. If those are all the parts it can't load, they are the parts added in the last update. Are you able to load the Block I craft file? Is it only the newest parts that aren't showing up, or all of them?

If it's only the newest parts that aren't showing up, make sure you have the following folders:

GameData/ShadowWorks/Parts/Adapters

GameData/ShadowWorks/Parts/EUS

GameData/ShadowWorks/Parts/LRB

It might help if you could upload your KSP.log file to PasteBin or DropBox so I can see what errors are being thrown at startup.

Ok. I'll check, but yes only the block one and the standard STS shuttle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.