ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

I am starting to lay out the cockpit controls and discovere the Flight Deck Light, Engineer Deck Light, and Cabin Flood Light. How do I tie these buttons into an IVA light or lights?

"Flight Deck Light", "Engineer Deck Light" and "Cabin Flood Light" switchers toggles the appropriate group of light sources (Unity Objects ), which must be created in Unity.

Ki7PfMt.jpg

Also it drives the animation of props "InternalLightBox01", "InternalLightBox02" and "InternalLightBox03" respectively

switcher "Flight Deck Light" toggles all light sources with the name "CockpitLight"

switcher "Engineer Deck Light" toggles all light sources with the name "EngineerDeckLight"

switcher "Cabin Flood Light" toggles all light sources with the name "FloodLight"

Keep in mind, "InternalLightBox0X" props do not have their own sources of light. It only shine, but does not illuminate. You gotta create, customize and place light sources while in the process of customization of your IVA in Unity.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, next question: Which control is this one:

http://i.imgur.com/ppEdLcJ.png

These props - just illuminated signs. it does not control anything, just react to the state of switcher "CockpitBackLightSwitch".

"AUTOMATED FLIGHT CONTROL UNIT" label lights up green if your craft has MJ.

"EPG" label lights up red when your electricity will be not far from completely spent.

The thin colored lines - are a splitter of groups of devices, it also highlighted when switcher "CockpitBackLightSwitch" is ON.

Very neat :) I love this mod, although it's very graphic intensive, poor graphic card.

I think I found a tiny bug with the ground collision alarm. If your orbit is close to perfect, the alarm tends to shoot randomly.

I "believe" there's a divide by zero NaN thing going on ?

The "stage ready" button is not reinitialized when launching a new ship. It should be off by default, right?

Edited by OzoneGrif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

question,

im using http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148-V5-0-RC1-released-AeroKerbin-Industries-Modified-IVAs/

which uses the asset packs.

im also running open GL mode and textures on half res. everything else is working fine but the navballs in the cockpits are black (so no floor/sky indication)

all other cockpits (using rasterpropmonitor) are working fine. is the black navbal thing something i can fix somehow? (i'd ask in the other thread but the person that made the iva's is only online like once every 4 months... so jeah.)

lX2YL5k.jpg

things i have tried:

reinstalling newest version of rasterprop monitor

reinstalling resource pack(s)

edit, after re downlaoding the packs i found out you also had a pack for the IVA of the mk 1-2 pod., tried it, loved it, but same problem, black navball.

Edited by Thahat
added pic

question,

im using http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148-V5-0-RC1-released-AeroKerbin-Industries-Modified-IVAs/

which uses the asset packs.

im also running open GL mode and textures on half res. everything else is working fine but the navballs in the cockpits are black (so no floor/sky indication)

all other cockpits (using rasterpropmonitor) are working fine.

When you say 'all other cockpits are working fine', do you mean that everything else in the cockpit works, and only the navball is not working? This is true with all cockpits that have this MFD? Does it work with full res textures? If you're on a PC, does it work with DirectX mode and 1/2 res?

When you say 'all other cockpits are working fine', do you mean that everything else in the cockpit works, and only the navball is not working? This is true with all cockpits that have this MFD? Does it work with full res textures? If you're on a PC, does it work with DirectX mode and 1/2 res?

This trick usually works: Copy the file ' NavBall000.dds ' from JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/NavBall/

To: ASET/ASET_Props/MFDs/ALCORPFD/

and replace the navball texture file that is already in it.

This trick usually works: Copy the file ' NavBall000.dds ' from JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/NavBall/

To: ASET/ASET_Props/MFDs/ALCORPFD/

and replace the navball texture file that is already in it.

you sir, are a scholar and a gentleman and jeb is rejoicing in his new high tech ship because of you! many thanks!

EDIT: it does cause some minor side effect, i have just noticed.

depending on the camera angle the right "small" mfcd switches between all kinds of button assets and being a sort of inverted camera? really strange .....

does mean it has to do with that file though, so your right on the money with that part.

M9Kgocz.jpg

tMQLwvc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

unsure about DX mode and normal res, cause too little ram left to try. (hurry up with that 64x unity 5 stuff squad!)

but what i meant was standard RPM screens and cockpits, no problem, modified cockpit: all other bits work, but its just the navball that disapears even the markers ON the navball work, its hust the navball ground/sky thing thats gone. after trying the solution to the problem below you post i got the navball back, but the right "small" mfcd spazzez the hell out, so the problem seems to be related to GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORPFD\navball000.dds, but the specifics currently escape me because the mfcd stuff is wizardry to me XD

my best guess is that the normal rasterpropmonitor has a fix for opengl mode, but this part pack might not have? (i did read about an old version of rasterpropmonitor having issues with openGL so that might be it :/ )

EDIT2:the ASET mk 1-2 IVA is working perfectly though, but it doesnt have one of those tiny screens. so the replacing of navball000.dds works for NEARLY everythign ,but the tiny screen on m pics (the rightmost one).

Edited by Thahat
added pics, description

you sir, are a scholar and a gentleman and jeb is rejoicing in his new high tech ship because of you! many thanks!

EDIT: it does cause some minor side effect, i have just noticed.

depending on the camera angle the right "small" mfcd switches between all kinds of button assets and being a sort of inverted camera? really strange .....

does mean it has to do with that file though, so your right on the money with that part.

http://i.imgur.com/M9Kgocz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tMQLwvc.jpg

I don't think that the fix has to do with your error: it's only a navball texture file.

I don't think that the fix has to do with your error: it's only a navball texture file.

but thats the odd part, how can a navball texture destroy the rightmost MFCD that has been working well BEFORE i switched out the navball texture?

EDIT: whatver madness posessed that rightmost MFCD, it has gone now, without me changing anything. looks like an unfortunate freak accident that fixed itsself. so the replacing hte dds file was a good fix! :D

Edited by Thahat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you already familiar with the Texture load errors in the output_log.txt? I don't have a correlation of them to any particular issue but they seem concerning:

Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\Control\ClimatScreen\DATAmonitorr04screenEmissive.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\Instruments\FuelMonitor\screen.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\Instruments\IndicatorPanel5x3\screen-emissive.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD40x20\bg01.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD40x20\bg02.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD40x20\screen-emissive.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD40x20\screen.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD60x30\BG62x30.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD60x30\MapMask.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD60x30\screen-emissive.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORMFD60x30\screen.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ALCORPFD\HDG.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\kOSTerminal\bg03.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\kOSTerminal\screen-emissive.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\kOSTerminal\screen.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\MFDs\ScreenPlates\scalebar.dds'
Texture load error in 'D:\KSP\KSP v1.00.5 (Win) - Stock\GameData\ASET\ASET_Props\Misc\PSU\screen-emissive.dds'

This is reproducible with a clean install of KSP and only adding ASET Props Pack. v1.3 with the latest version of its dependencies (RasterPropMonitor v0.24.1 and Module Manager v2.6.13).

The only lead I have on what could be wrong is this post I found, but I didn't follow up on that or dig into the textures to determine if this was at all related (particularly given the age of that post). http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/105600-ksp-cannot-load-dds-textures-without-mipmaps/

For that matter, the only IVA's I'm using that use these props is the "Buffalo: NASA Inspired MSEV." I'm not certain if the IVA's are working properly without those assets or not (perhaps they're unused). And since it has a stock IVA as well this isn't a critical issue regardless of how it turns out.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't suppose anybody has a tutorial on how to create a prop that responds to a mouse click, I'm trying to create a simple monitor that will change the picture when the monitor is clicked. I have the prop made and it appears in the IVA, but I don't know how to set up the collider, or write the code that will respond to the click. I know I need to use an InternalModule, and I suspect I need to use OnMouseDown and OnMouseUp, but I can't figure out how to wire them up. Thanks for the help. :)

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't suppose anybody has a tutorial on how to create a prop that responds to a mouse click, I'm trying to create a simple monitor that will change the picture when the monitor is clicked. I have the prop made and it appears in the IVA, but I don't know how to set up the collider, or write the code that will respond to the click. I know I need to use an InternalModule, and I suspect I need to use OnMouseDown and OnMouseUp, but I can't figure out how to wire them up. Thanks for the help. :)

I don't know about the colliders, but, assuming you don't want to use RasterPropMonitor to manage the behavior of the monitor, take a look at the SmarterButton class in RPM for one way to handle collider hits (button press / release).

12 hours ago, MOARdV said:

I don't know about the colliders, but, assuming you don't want to use RasterPropMonitor to manage the behavior of the monitor, take a look at the SmarterButton class in RPM for one way to handle collider hits (button press / release).

Thanks for the suggestion. I took a look at that code and gave it a try. Unfortunately I'm still not able to detect the mouse clicks and I suspect that it's an issue with the collider. I'll ask in the dev forums, thanks for pointing out the SmarterButton. :)

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Alex33212 said:

How does one use this IN their IVAs? All the models in the dl are .mu, which can't be loaded into unity.

Use KSP Part Tools for Unity so you can load them and place them as props within the IVA.

15 hours ago, Alex33212 said:

And PartTools allows one to do that by...

By allowing you to load these .mu files in Unity to place in the IVA.  Isn't that what you were asking about?  Every IVA I've seen using these props used KSP part tools to work within Unity to lay out the props in IVA.  Take a look at the part tools thread stickied in this subforum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.