ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

Hi,

I'm getting some of the tumble switches and rotary switches (including gear tumble, lights tumbles, brake, altitude warning rotary, for examples) to show up in game with a bunch of hex codes in front of the intended text.

So next to the tumble switch instead of "On" for example, it might say "[fffff11]On"

One place this is happening is the Mk 1 Lander can rework. The prop I didn't touch, and it seems to have the right name for an existing prop, and it works (it does turn the gears on, etc.), just has that annoying hex code. The hex codes change as you flip it.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Crimeo said:

So next to the tumble switch instead of "On" for example, it might say "[fffff11]On"

You have an OLD version of the "ASET Props". Delete existing folder and install new one (v 1.4)

I've had a problem... I've installed the mod and I had TextureReplacer, ASET, DistantObject, HyperEdit, Kerbal Engineer, RPM and obviously Squad. Also RPM is on V 0.28 I had KSP 1.2.0 I've don't found any thing inside the cockpit even RPM was missing and it was the stock IVA that all we had. So how can I solve this problem? Or what is happening? 

On 26.03.2017 at 6:12 PM, silentvelcro said:

Hello @alexustas. Any news on that bug?

I have studied your logs, but was unable to identify the pattern of occurrence of crash. In each case, loading stops at different props and loads a different number of props.
Since we found out that the small size of the VRAM does not cause the crash, suspicions fall on the operating system and/or on the OpenGL driver

So at the moment I can not find any way to solve your problem now. I'm very sorry about that  :/

On 01.04.2017 at 10:06 AM, theonegalen said:

If there is, I haven't found it in the last eight months. :(

Yes, gradually it turned into a real headache even for myself. :huh:

The only thing that can help a little is the order of listing of props in the Unity props list coincides with the order of their appearance in the "ASET Props" folder

So first all buttons, toggle switches and other switches go, because the first folder in the "ASET_Props" folder is the "Control" folder. Further in the list go instruments and indicators, then MFDs and so on

Hey @alexustas, i have been trying to add your props to an existing model, in this case the ViewingCupola from USI, but none of the props show up in-game although i place them in Unity and they are in the cfg:

INTERNAL
{
	name = ViewingCupolaInternal
	MODEL
	{
		model = UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Spaces/ViewingCupola_IVA
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = InternalSeat
		seatTransformName = Kerbal_01
		allowCrewHelmet = false
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ALCORMFD40x20
		position = -4.762,6.3902,3.7072
		rotation = 0.8433915,0,0,0.5372996
		scale = 0.4,0.4,0.4
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ALCORClimatScreen
		position = -4.443,6.361,3.781
		rotation = 0.9785915,0,8.527916E-07,-0.2058122
		scale = 0.2,0.2,0.2
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ALCORMFD60x30
		position = -4.596,6.3547,3.7828
		rotation = 0,0.8433915,-0.5372996,0
		scale = 0.7,0.7,0.7
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ASET_CRT_Display
		position = -4.741,6.358,3.791
		rotation = -4.052909E-08,0.2164397,-0.976296,-1.828148E-07
		scale = 0.5,0.5,0.5
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ALCORMFD40x20
		position = -4.43,6.3902,3.7072
		scale = 0.4,0.4,0.4
	}
}

The props are there in the ALCOR Can, this is a clean KSP Install with Only USI-LS, ASET, ALCOR and RPM 28.0

Any idea what i am doing wrong ?

6 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Hey @alexustas, i have been trying to add your props to an existing model, in this case the ViewingCupola from USI, but none of the props show up in-game although i place them in Unity and they are in the cfg:

INTERNAL
{
	name = ViewingCupolaInternal
	MODEL
	{
		model = UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Spaces/ViewingCupola_IVA
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = InternalSeat
		seatTransformName = Kerbal_01
		allowCrewHelmet = false
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ALCORMFD40x20
		position = -4.762,6.3902,3.7072
		scale = 0.4,0.4,0.4
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ALCORClimatScreen
		position = -4.443,6.361,3.781
		rotation = 0.9785915,0,8.527916E-07,-0.2058122
		scale = 0.2,0.2,0.2
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ALCORMFD60x30
		position = -4.596,6.3547,3.7828
		rotation = 0,0.8433915,-0.5372996,0
		scale = 0.7,0.7,0.7
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ASET_CRT_Display
		position = -4.741,6.358,3.791
		rotation = -4.052909E-08,0.2164397,-0.976296,-1.828148E-07
		scale = 0.5,0.5,0.5
	}
	PROP
	{
		name = ALCORMFD40x20
		position = -4.43,6.3902,3.7072
		scale = 0.4,0.4,0.4
	}
}

The props are there in the ALCOR Can, this is a clean KSP Install with Only USI-LS, ASET, ALCOR and RPM 28.0

Any idea what i am doing wrong ?

I'm so glad there are people like you to make IVA's for mods that don't use them very well! Thanks man! Ive always wondered why USI never used ASET Props, it would make their parts very irresistible. :) 

Just now, ISE said:

I'm so glad there are people like you to make IVA's for mods that don't use them very well! Thanks man! Ive always wondered why USI never used ASET Props, it would make their parts very irresistible. :) 

yes, but at the moment it is not working at all and i cant figure out why :P

curious, i did a Prop-Placement for one of the NearFuture Cockpits in the past and it was working correctly, i assumed this time i'm doing the same steps...

2 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

yes, but at the moment it is not working at all and i cant figure out why :P

curious, i did a Prop-Placement for one of the NearFuture Cockpits in the past and it was working correctly, i assumed this time i'm doing the same steps...

You did one for the near future IVA's? :o:sticktongue: That's something I've wanted for a while. Ive never made an IVA, but I have tested them for bugs, give the others some time, and they migh tlook at your post ad help ya out. :wink: But I again, am very happy to see you using them for things like that! :D 

Just now, ISE said:

You did one for the near future IVA's? :o:sticktongue: That's something I've wanted for a while. Ive never made an IVA, but I have tested them for bugs, give the others some time, and they migh tlook at your post ad help ya out. :wink: But I again, am very happy to see you using them for things like that! :D 

i did play around with one of the NF IVA's (only prop placement), never finished to post it anywhere, just for my own use :P

48 minutes ago, ISE said:

Ive always wondered why USI never used ASET Props, it would make their parts very irresistible. :) 

I think @RoverDude has received requests to utilize RPM and ASET parts before; but I don't recall his reason for not doing so.   I also wish that he would incorporate the IVA enhancements brought by these parts.

4 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I take pull requests.

i've got a concept for a camera control station using your ViewingCupola, as soon as my Internet stops acting up i'll re-download ksp for a clean install and try this again :P

55 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I take pull requests.

I submitted it in the MKS issues section, I discretely tagged it as [Feature Request], & [Support Request]:D

If you would like me to move it to the Pull Request section, let me know. :wink: 

Edited by ISE

1 minute ago, Jasseji said:

i think he means "when you create one, you can submit it" :P

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

That's an issue (i.e. a request for me to do work), not a pull request (someone who wants the feature or fix does the work, and submits their work for inclusion in the next release).

My mistake lol, I will remove it :P. Now that I think about it, I think I might give it a try myself, to edit some MKS IVA's to support ASET Props. :sticktongue:

Edited by ISE

3 minutes ago, alexustas said:

The position of prop is very strange.

Looks like props are spawned somewhere very far outside the cockpit

yes, the IVA itself is spawned very strange in Unity, would have to ask @RoverDude if there is any reason for this

I am trying to cheat this somehow by creating an empty GameObject and tying the props to it, any other Unity Trick perhaps to fix misaligned models ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.