ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

This pack is for the modders who create IVA for the spacecraft

ASET props pack is a set of almost 600 different devices and decoration elements for creation of interiors of space ships. It includes MFDs, various switches, devices and tools.

Bv96MLpm.pngVK7JiL1m.pngBCSlavgm.png

QoeKTR2m.png2loHaNGm.pngNjfAGJ7m.png

jIdgauTl.jpg

vEhuvFEl.jpgOmpQRYnl.jpg

view imgur album (v 1.3)

ASET Modular Push Buttons Manual (PDF)

ASET Modular Toggle Switch Manual (PDF)

This pack was originally designed for my ALCOR capsule but now I also use it in my other projects. Also some of others modders started to use it to make their own interiors. That's why I decided to release ASET Props Pack as a separate mod.

If you want me to make any other props or instrument write me in this thread.

Mods that use ASET Props pack:

- ALCOR (with ALCOR Advanced IVA)

- 'MK1-2 Pod' IVA Replacement by ASET

- 'MK1 Lander Can' Replacement by ASET

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention all IVA-makers, who created there own props based on the ASET props.

In the next major version of ASET PROPS old tumblers and buttons will be removed.

All IVA makers are advised to switch to new, modular buttons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mods dependency

required:

RasterPropMonitor v0.30.2

supported:

MechJeb v 2.6.1+

ScanSat v 18.2+

VesselViewer Continued

Docking Port Alignment Indicator v 6.7+

Astrogator v 0.7.8+

FAR v 0.16.7.2+

TAC - Life Support

USI Life Support

Kerbalism

Downloads:

ASET Props 1.5 (Spacedock)

Installation:

- Install into “/Gamedata/ASET/"

Made with Mihara's research and support.

Many thanks to the group of testers for their help with this release

@nukeboyt  @imerg  @StevieC  @Plecy75   @ISE  @holodmer @chimpbone

@Dragon01 @lazar2222 @simtom @Zapo147 @lennie @PhantomC3PO

@Chaumas @Mecripp @panarchist @Ghosty141 @Lo Var Lachland @sebseb7

@harrisjosh2711 @Falco01 @>The Amazing Spy<

Special thanks to  @MOARdV, @Mihara, @DeputyLOL, @DennyTX@nukeboyt @Dragon01 and @linuxgurugamer for their help and support with the mods development.

And all the forum users who support and motivate me to keep working on my mods.

Like what I do? Want to directly support development? Consider donating via Patreon or Paypal!         QcYfNA1.png?1              btn_donate_LG.gif

88x31.png

"ASET Props" by Alexustas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Changelog:

26/11/2017 - v1.5

v1.5
Two new, fully modular and adjustable prop types were added: "Modular Toggle Switch" and "Modular Push Button". With them, it is possible to create many different switches, both in form and in function. They were based on real switches from Korry and Zodiac Electric, tumblers and buttons used by NASA in Apollo and Space Shuttle programs, as well as switches used by Boeing.

CAUTION! In the next major version of ASET PROPS old tumblers and buttons will be removed. All IVA makers are advised to switch to new, modular buttons.

*Added props that extend MechJeb autopilot function support.
  *Added props for Chatterer support.
  *Added props interacting with stock CommNet. 
  *Added props for controlling docking and undocking. 
  *Updated Mod Indicator Panel prop (thanks to NukeboyT). 
  *Portable Timer prop can now show time to the currnt KAC alarm. 
  *MFD40X20 now supports Astrogator. 
  *All MFDs now use the JSISteerableCamera module. 
  *MFD button backlight can now be toggled with the other props. 
  *kOSMonitor finished and updated to use full functionality of JSISteerableCamera. 
  *Life Support Monitor now supports TAC, USI-LS and Kerbalism. 
  *Finished transitioning from the old JSIVariableLabel to the more advanced JSILable. 
  *Added configs for Primitive_TRIANGLE_90 and Primitive_TRIANGLE_90_Beveled Fixes for many other props.

08/02/2017 - v1.4

What is changed:

*almost all props were rebuilt due to the migration to Unity5, and also for the possibility to use new RPM features
  *the module JSIVariableAnimator is replaced by JSICallbackAnimator where it is possible to improve performance
  *all alphanumeric indicators now use the new improved and flexible module JSILabel
  *most props now support the "COLOR_OVERRIDE" feature, which give all IVA-makers ample opportunity to customize their own IVA
  *the switches "SwitchRotary" are now modular, you can combine the switch model, the collider model and label   using the MODEL{}module to create your variations of this prop. 2 to 6 positions of the switch are supported.
  *Warning light indicator (TabloIndicator) was completely rebuilt, now all the labels are made with the module JSILabel, and texturesare used only for the indicator’s background
  *some pages of MFD are improved, thanks to Nukeboyt
  *GPWS is now switched off by default
  *extra optimization of textures is made

What’s new:

*Brand new set of instruments in NASA-retro style:
  -Flight Director/Attitude Indicator (FDAI) with the dedicated control panel (FDAI GMCP) and switch set. Use  the MOARdv’s manualfor this device.
  -Altitude/Range Rate Tapemeter (ARRT) with the two dedicated toggle-switches for turning the devices on and off and for the mode 		  selection (height/vertical speed or distance to target/closing speed), also with the error indicator. Use the MOARdv’s great 				 manual for this device.
  -Thrust-to-Weight Indicator (TW) with the mode switch (current TWR / maximum possible TWR)
  -X-pointer with the mode and display range selectors, also with the error indicator. Use the MOARdv’s great manual for this device.
  -ASET_DSKY – LCD-display with the keyboard for the important flight information (orbit, orbit of target vessel), a rendezvous with 	the 	target, maneuver, timing, Delta V information). Use the MOARdv’s great manual for this device.
  -Monochrome CRT-display for the targets’ menu and external cameras’ output
  -Full set of the analog indicators (gauges):
  -Speed indicator (ASET_AnalogSpeedIndicator) with mode selector (auto, orbital, surface, relative)
  -Effective acceleration indicator (ASET_AnalogSpeedIndicator)
  -G-force indicator (NASA_G_Units_Indicator)
  -Slope indicator (NASA_Slope_Angl_Indicator)
  -Thrust limit indicator (NASA_Slope_Angl_Indicator)
  -Phase/Ejection/Moon ejection Angle indicator (ASET_PhaseAngleIndicator) with mode selector
  -Impact speed indicator (ImpactSpeedIndicator) with two scales for the current and the minimum possible touchdown speed
  -full set of the vertical single and Edgewise meters, temperature and engine indicators
  -numerical LCD-display for the current altitude and и surface height
  -numerical LCD-display for the amount of resources on board and mode selector for it
  -gauge for the battery charge
  -gauge for the power supply panel and the power source selector (generator, fuel cell, solar panels and alternator)
  -full set of the mechanical (aka  "barber pole") and warning light indicators ("low charge", "low fuel" etc)
  -full set of the push-buttons (RetroButton) for all basic functions (custom groups, SAS modes etc)
  -the new navigation complex (ASET_IMP & ASET_IMP_LAT-LONG_GAUGE) with the dedicated mode selector, made after the Soviet 				  navigation complex for the “Vostok” and “Voskhod” programmes
  You can download and install this mod to see all these devices in action
                  (link)
  *the new prop - emergency radio beacon (RecoveryBeacon)
  *the new prop for the advanced control and indication of the engine, electrical systems, landing gear and indication of temperature
  *the new props for the indication of WARP-mode 

21/07/2015

[B]ASET Props 1.3[/B]

[LIST]
[*]All props working algorithms was reworked to match the last RPM 0.21.
[*]Now all instruments stops working if the g-force is higher than 8 g (with dramatical flickering animation)
[/LIST]

[B]New props:[/B]

[LIST]
[*]Temperature indicators (for both capsule and shield)
[*]Chute controlling buttons (arm, deploy, cut)
[*]Throttle control buttons
[*]Buttons for the new MechJeb Smart A.S.S. functions
[*]“Engine Flame Outâ€Â, “shield overheat†and and “ablation†indicators
[*]Special separate display for the TAC Life support
[*]All “Push buttonsâ€Â, “Tumble†and “Tumble with cover†was finished for all the standard and custom actions.
[*]Finished adding gauges for all stock resources.
[*]Fixed the bug with the sound disappearing after switching props lightning.
[*]Fixed the configs that used old resource names.
[*]Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) now can be turned off, I added buttons to control it.
[*]Altitude Voice Annunciator System (AVAS) now can be turned off, I added buttons to control it.
[*]Low Altitude Warning is now can be setted for the different altitudes (100, 200, 300) or even be turned off.
[/LIST]

[B]MFD[/B]

[LIST]
[*]New “Landing†page, look to the [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e2lsx92z5uxt1z/LandingScreenManual.pdf?dl=0"]User Manual[/URL] for the additional information
[*]New page “Graphsâ€Â
[*]PFD was optimised for the RPM 0.21
[/LIST]

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by alexustas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Alex what do you think about adding a new monitor which lets people execute KoS scripts?

In fact, such a device has been made long time ago.

ULyHqZX.jpg

that MFD, has been specifically made for work with kOS about a year ago (or even more). All buttons have its own unique names and colliders, screen resolution complies for the kOS. But here we have a need to plug-bridge between kOS and RPM, and this is not my profile absolutely . I can do models, textures, animations and configs and know nothing about programming. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
In fact, such a device has been made long time ago.

http://i.imgur.com/ULyHqZX.jpg

that MFD, has been specifically made for work with kOS about a year ago (or even more). All buttons have its own unique names and colliders, screen resolution complies for the kOS. But here we have a need to plug-bridge between kOS and RPM, and this is not my profile absolutely . I can do models, textures, animations and configs and know nothing about programming. :(

Finally I get to play with your ASET props! :) One question though: do people tend to bundle the props with their mods, or simply make ASET Props Pack a required mod? In regards to the kOS prop, I'm curious about how it would work. Is the intent to have all the readouts on the screen, or simply click on the prop and bring up the standard kOS window? I ask because I'm sucktacular at making IVAs (well, considering that I've never made one before...) but I'm really good at programming. :)

Finally I get to play with your ASET props! :) One question though: do people tend to bundle the props with their mods, or simply make ASET Props Pack a required mod? In regards to the kOS prop, I'm curious about how it would work. Is the intent to have all the readouts on the screen, or simply click on the prop and bring up the standard kOS window? I ask because I'm sucktacular at making IVAs (well, considering that I've never made one before...) but I'm really good at programming. :)

My recommendation is make it a requirement for your IVA. If you bundle it, then people may be downloading something they already have, and you have to update your pack if the props are updated.

I am starting to lay out the cockpit controls and discovere the Flight Deck Light, Engineer Deck Light, and Cabin Flood Light. How do I tie these buttons into an IVA light or lights?

i am (far) away from my home computer, so I am making an educated guess: there are transforms or animations named in the config files for those buttons. If you create light animations (I think) that have that are attached to transforms with the same nam, the buttons will work. NOTE: I could be wrong on the details, since I can't look at the config files from where I am currently.

i am (far) away from my home computer, so I am making an educated guess: there are transforms or animations named in the config files for those buttons. If you create light animations (I think) that have that are attached to transforms with the same nam, the buttons will work. NOTE: I could be wrong on the details, since I can't look at the config files from where I am currently.

You hit the nail on the head, thanks! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, next question: Which control is this one:

ppEdLcJ.png

Those are labels and colored dividers. Each of those are independent props.

Thank you, that really clears things up! :) Here's what I've come up with so far:

C3Pu4CD.png

62LSzwp.png

I might move the life support elsewhere and add more RPMs, but it's coming along nicely.

One more question: Is there a life support monitor for Snacks?

Edited by Angel-125

One more question: Is there a life support monitor for Snacks?

Not that I've seen. RPM doesn't support Snacks, and I don't know if Snacks has extensions to interface with RPM. That would need to be resolved first, and then you'd need to figure out how to display the data (an MFD page could work, for instance).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.