'MK1-2 Pod' IVA Replacement by ASET[v0.3]

alexustas

2 hours ago, RW-1 said:

but I swear I had it corrected at one point with the patches, no biggie, just looks weird covering the external windows with chutes to avoid this.  :)

I wont argue that it looks weird, and is a bit immersion breaking. :(

Now that I think about it, tho, since the forward windows are completley blocked anyway, you *might* be able to use a patch to rotate the IVA model a bit, to try to line up the side windows. I doubt you'll get them perfect tho, since its not just one axis they are misaligned on, plus the spread of them around the capsule is not the same angle... vOv

But you *might* be able to get them closer than they are now.

As to the parachutes, just turn off the external overlay mask, using the button next to the crew portraits vOv

I only use that, anyway, when i wanna peek inside a specific IVA'd part. I dont leave it on all the time during game play.

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I wont argue that it looks weird, and is a bit immersion breaking. :(

Now that I think about it, tho, since the forward windows are completley blocked anyway, you *might* be able to use a patch to rotate the IVA model a bit, to try to line up the side windows. I doubt you'll get them perfect tho, since its not just one axis they are misaligned on, plus the spread of them around the capsule is not the same angle... vOv

But you *might* be able to get them closer than they are now.

As to the parachutes, just turn off the external overlay mask, using the button next to the crew portraits vOv

I only use that, anyway, when i wanna peek inside a specific IVA'd part. I dont leave it on all the time during game play.

SB,

I don't use the mask, only took the photo to illustrate what was happening, as I onl;y just discovered why it seemed that my chutes were blocking my side window views.

Here's the thing, earlier on when we were patching with the "MK1-3_ASETinternal-patch" cfg file, I had it working ok, 

Now, maybe that was before 1.10, and now I'm dealing with that.

I might re-extract another copy to a different directory and retry loading the mod and patching it, and see what I get.

:)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can you use this for a MK-3 command pod?!? I am new to this and have been trying to get RPM working (which I did for some cockpits) now for Mk1-3 command pods.

** Ok, so I did some reading on this post. I have the impression that some have it working for 1 to 3 command pods? I am running 1.11.1 of KSP. Thanks.

Edited by DeltaSigma

4 hours ago, DeltaSigma said:

Can you use this for a MK-3 command pod?!? I am new to this and have been trying to get RPM working (which I did for some cockpits) now for Mk1-3 command pods.

** Ok, so I did some reading on this post. I have the impression that some have it working for 1 to 3 command pods? I am running 1.11.1 of KSP. Thanks.

You could do some cfg-file wizardry, but it the windows wouldn't line up. Or you could install this:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Astr0gator said:

For some reason, i download this and it doesn't work it would even let me iva please help i love this mod

On 3/10/2021 at 1:26 PM, theonegalen said:

You could do some cfg-file wizardry, but it the windows wouldn't line up. Or you could install this:

This mod IVA is for the now-deleted Mk1-2, not the current Mk1-3 pod.

On 3/28/2021 at 5:21 AM, OrdinaryKerman said:

This mod IVA is for the now-deleted Mk1-2, not the current Mk1-3 pod.

DE's mod had a Mk1-3  config, but upon looking into it, I see that it doesn't actually have a new IVA for it.

This does:

OK, so I'm probably slow, but I've been reading all morning and cannot figure out if it is possible to bring back the Mk 1-2 command pod and THIS IVA back into a current version of the game.    I have many old versions of the game, from which to get files if necessary, but I just cannot seem to make it work.     I've tried several of the other IVA's for the Mk 1-3, but none (in my humble opinion) quite reach the level of sophistication that this IVA mod does.      So unless someone can help me figure it out, I guess I'll just have to play version 1.3 when I need an IVA fix :D   Thanks

11 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

OK, so I'm probably slow, but I've been reading all morning and cannot figure out if it is possible to bring back the Mk 1-2 command pod and THIS IVA back into a current version of the game.    I have many old versions of the game, from which to get files if necessary, but I just cannot seem to make it work.     I've tried several of the other IVA's for the Mk 1-3, but none (in my humble opinion) quite reach the level of sophistication that this IVA mod does.      So unless someone can help me figure it out, I guess I'll just have to play version 1.3 when I need an IVA fix :D   Thanks

The Mk1-2 folder is in Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Command. Just move or copy it to the normal Squad/Parts/Command folder. Then install this mod along with its dependencies. There's your Mk1-2, with added IVA greatness.

Why isn't it in the parts list? Apparently, KSP is hardcoded to not load anything in a folder named "zDeprecated".

IMO it's one of the nicer-looking parts from the old dev team (outside of Porkjet of course), so it shouldn't look too dated.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

16 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

The Mk1-2 folder is in Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Command. Just move or copy it to the normal Squad/Parts/Command folder, there's your Mk1-2.  IMO it's one of the nicer-looking parts from the old dev team (outside of Porkjet of course), so it shouldn't look too dated.

Thank you!   That worked

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Aaron11 said:

是个好mod。非常讨厌官方未经允许直接替换我之前的mk1-2的文件。现在只能用这个傻乎乎的mk1-3,很失望。希望作者可以跟进更新mk1-3

Translated for others via google

It is a good mod. I really hate that the official directly replaces my previous mk1-2 file without permission. Now I can only use this silly mk1-3, very disappointed. I hope the author can follow up and update mk1-3

I think it's easy enough to remove certain Space patches. They are simply .cfg text files that tell a part to refer to a different internal.cfg than default. You can remove this entry and it'll remove the internal config and go back to default.

45 minutes ago, ElonsMusk said:

Translated for others via google

It is a good mod. I really hate that the official directly replaces my previous mk1-2 file without permission. Now I can only use this silly mk1-3, very disappointed. I hope the author can follow up and update mk1-3

I think it's easy enough to remove certain Space patches. They are simply .cfg text files that tell a part to refer to a different internal.cfg than default. You can remove this entry and it'll remove the internal config and go back to default.

也是,那我去试试吧,谢谢你! :)

• 11 months later...
On 4/3/2021 at 4:39 PM, OrdinaryKerman said:

The Mk1-2 folder is in Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Command. Just move or copy it to the normal Squad/Parts/Command folder. Then install this mod along with its dependencies. There's your Mk1-2, with added IVA greatness.

this doesnt worked. 

• 9 months later...

Alternatively just install Reviva and this mod untouched and this IVA will be an option on the Mk1-3 Command Pod.

Reviva is designed to allow switching IVAs, but it also has the side benefit of supporting some old IVA mods like this one without modification, basically because I was frustrated installing IVA mods (since I fly planes or manned rockets in IVA mode).

https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/blob/main/README.md#dependency-summary - list of currently supported IVA mods, the table below shows all the options for each CM for each mod (Stock, Missing History, BDB, Airplane Plus mostly). Then there are tables for my votes on "best IVA for X". Works in 1.12.x, and supports both RPM and/or MAS, even both at the same time. I have all the IVA mods installed at once :-)

Edited by 610yesnolovely

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.