How old is your Kerbal Space Program?

guitarxe

Whatever save you've played the longest (career, science, or sandbox), how long in game time has your KSP lasted, and how much has it accomplished in that time?

My saves, surprisingly, are barely more than a year old at max. I tend to concentrate on Mum/Minmus for some reason, to the exclusion of everything else, and have actually never left the Kerbin system, despite having played KSP for years now.

I do one mission at a time, so I warp a bit more often than others might.

I am 39 years in at present. I've orbited everywhere except Moho/Eeloo at least once, and landed/returned from Duna, Ike, Gilly, Pol, Bop, and Vall.

Edited by r4pt0r

Depends on the version of the game.

My longest was in 0.19.1, where my game was around 15 game years.

Next was 0.25 at 6 game years.

Current (1.04) is just going on year 2

Longest is my current save, at just over 4 and a half years (Kerbal time)

What have I accomplished? Well, about 3 Mun landings, 3 Minmus landings, 2 space stations, 1 Duna probe flyby and 1 Eve probe landing. While there's still a lot to do in the Kerbin system, I'm looking to the planets for my next exploratory venture, with a planned mission to send 4 Kerbals to Eve orbit and back safely.

I may have made a slightly older save a long time ago when I did an Eve rescue mission, but within the last couple years (wow, it's sure been a while) my longest running save is my current 1.0 career save, which today reached Day 180. In that time I have cleared all but four or five nodes in the tech tree, strip-mined the Mun and Minmus for Science (except for the Mun's poles), posted a station in Munar orbit, scanned Kerbin for Ore (just to see if I could) and constructed (but not yet launched) a giant mothership for a trip to Jool.

What I haven't done, lousily enough, is go to any other planets yet (in this save) xP

Whatever save you've played the longest (career, science, or sandbox), how long in game time has your KSP lasted, and how much has it accomplished in that time?

My saves, surprisingly, are barely more than a year old at max. I tend to concentrate on Mum/Minmus for some reason, to the exclusion of everything else, and have actually never left the Kerbin system, despite having played KSP for years now.

Even though I visited almost all planets, my saves never went too far, few years at most. Consider that I don't really like playing career and I finished the science tree only once, in 1.0.

Once I found this thread which debates the max number of years in KSP before the game starts to break down - sort of KSP's Millenium Bug. There are some pretty varying answers, from 233 to millions of years. See for yourself!

Even though I visited almost all planets, my saves never went too far, few years at most. Consider that I don't really like playing career and I finished the science tree only once, in 1.0.

Once I found this thread which debates the max number of years in KSP before the game starts to break down - sort of KSP's Millenium Bug. There are some pretty varying answers, from 233 to millions of years. See for yourself!

I remember that thread. It still confuses me and I dont understand at all.

Also interesting to see that I have one of the longer careers at 39 years so far, cant believe no one has come forward as even being near that number. It should be pushing 44 by the time my Jool mission gets home.

EDIT: Actually, regex presumably plays RSS, and his 12 earth years might be comparable, if not greater than 40 kerbal years.

Edited by r4pt0r

I have 18 flights in progress, and I'm into year 19... v1.0.4. I've landed and returned Kerbals on Mun and Minmus, and landed science probes on Moho and Duna. I'm in the progress of doing mapping probe missions currently, and have been to Moho, Eve & Gilly, Duna & Ike, and most recently Dres. I have a mapping probe on its way to Jool at the moment, and with a little luck, should be able to map all of the Jool system with it (fingers crossed). Eeloo is next.

EDIT: Actually, regex presumably plays RSS, and his 12 earth years might be comparable, if not greater than 40 kerbal years.
I've always played using Earth time, even since the option to use Kerbal time became available.

On my current play Im on Year 1 Day 239. I've been timewarping more than usual, as its a 1 mission at a time affair this time round.

That will all change when i go to Duna, planning on about 5 - 6 ships :/ Not doing the big spaghetti rocket thing again.

Back at 0.90 I was at year 94 with 79 flights in progress, but thats only because I tended to do too much stuff in Jool and usually did one mission at a time.

Now in 1.0.4 I'm at year 33 with 64 flights in progress. I'm trying to do more simultaneous missions this time round, launching stuff at correct windows and then going to do other missions while waiting.

My first and main career was 75 years old when I was done with the stock system.

And then I extended it another 30 years with transkeptunian but I wasn t completely done with that one yet.

Despite that Jebediah was still very enthusiastic about everything :D

My longest was around 29 years, I used it to visit, land on everything possible (including eve hehe) and return from the missions. Apparently waiting for time windows takes a long time :P. It was before 1.0 though, so I might do it again as it was great fun.

When playing career I tend to do the needful mission at a time within the kerbin system and get to day 100ish before I go about interplanetary and start warping like crazy(even with many other mission going). Last I checked I was around year 53

i think like a year and 87-89-ish days old (you start at a year...i think) so ya i try to waste as least time as possible with it and im about half way through the tech tree and coming close to my first moon landing..so ya. no time wasting in this space program! :wink:

My current save is on day 46. About half way done planning my first Duna mission, nothing left to do in kerbins SOI so I suspect I will be warping ahead very soon here.

About 150 years give or take. Return mission to and from everywhere about a dozen times, refueling station network to allow SSTO spaceplanes to go everywhere and back (with the exception of a few surfaces that were too much for an SSTO), various surface outposts (mostly on anomalies)...etc. I had that save for at least a year or two though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.