LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

Do you plan to make a stockalike version?

No, I have no plans of making a stockalike version. This was simply a side-project I decided to release. If people want to edit the .cfg files in order to make it not fly out of the solar system, they are allowed to do so.

Well,looks like a great modï¼Â

Any idea about create more real scale lanuch vehicles?

Thank you for those kind words.

Will I make more real scale launch vehicles? Well, it depends really. There are already so many great mods and parts packs that has the different launch vehicles, like Atlas V, Delta II, Delta IV Heavy, the european rockets and so on. Some real scale and some stock-ish sized.

If I were to make more real scale vehicles, it would have to be launchers that are not already made, or mods/packs that are outdated. So if people have any suggestions as to which launch vehicles they would want to have in the game, be sure to let me know and I'll definitely make them.

Thank you for those kind words.

Will I make more real scale launch vehicles? Well, it depends really. There are already so many great mods and parts packs that has the different launch vehicles, like Atlas V, Delta II, Delta IV Heavy, the european rockets and so on. Some real scale and some stock-ish sized.

If I were to make more real scale vehicles, it would have to be launchers that are not already made, or mods/packs that are outdated. So if people have any suggestions as to which launch vehicles they would want to have in the game, be sure to let me know and I'll definitely make them.

Vulcan! Energia!

WOW greatï¼ÂHow about Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy?

SpaceX lanuch pack hasnt been updataed till now and I really like these lanuch vehicles.

Speak of that , I got an idea for Falcon-like reuseable rocket. How about we use DMP and let one people control the upper stage to keep ascenting after the seperation, meanwhile another people control the first stage to decent?Thats far more realistic than using Stage Recovery to do so!

Vulcan! Energia!

I started working on Vulcan but stopped because it is basically just an Atlas V with a fancy paintjob, and there are already quite a few properly sized Atlas Vs and stockalike Atlas Vs out there. But hey, if it's something people want, sure why not.

As for Energia, can you be more specific? Energia + Buran? There were alot of consepts in the works for the Energia lifter.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW greatï¼ÂHow about Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy?

SpaceX lanuch pack hasnt been updataed till now and I really like these lanuch vehicles.

Speak of that , I got an idea for Falcon-like reuseable rocket. How about we use DMP and let one people control the upper stage to keep ascenting after the seperation, meanwhile another people control the first stage to decent?Thats far more realistic than using Stage Recovery to do so!

I still use the SpaceX pack in my RSS install. You just need to flip some nodes and add a few lines here and there in the config files and it works just fine. If I am going to be making any launchers, it would have to be something "original" in terms of launchers that do not already exsist as a parts pack.

I'm unsure if the developer of the SpaceX mod is still active or of he/she is gone. Surely someone can make a quick patch for it to work in 1.0.4.

I started working on Vulcan but stopped because it is basically just an Atlas V with a fancy paintjob, and there are already quite a few properly sized Atlas Vs and stockalike Atlas Vs out there. But hey, if it's something people want, sure why not.

As for Energia, can you be more specific? Energia + Buran? There were alot of consepts in the works for the Energia lifter.

- - - Updated - - -

I still use the SpaceX pack in my RSS install. You just need to flip some nodes and add a few lines here and there in the config files and it works just fine. If I am going to be making any launchers, it would have to be something "original" in terms of launchers that do not already exsist as a parts pack.

I'm unsure if the developer of the SpaceX mod is still active or of he/she is gone. Surely someone can make a quick patch for it to work in 1.0.4.

Energia, Polyus, Energia-M, Vulkan. Buran can be made with MK3 parts.

Also, Vulcan is NOT an Atlas V with a new paintjob. It has new engines and ACES.

Also, Vulcan is NOT an Atlas V with a new paintjob. It has new engines and ACES.

I am well aware. That is why I said it is "basically just an Atlas V with a fancy paint job". I'm contemplating if it's worth spending the time making it, when details like ACES and new engines are such minute details and are not really an incentive for making the whole thing. Only hardcore realism players would ever care about the engines being different from the RD-180s.

But as I said, I've already started working on it, so if I decide to publish it here, you'll be the first to know ;)

Status update: Currently working on Ariane 6 (two versions) as well as some additional goodies for Vega. The next update will also have two configurations of Vega, one for Real Solar System and one for stock size Kerbin.

I am well aware. That is why I said it is "basically just an Atlas V with a fancy paint job". I'm contemplating if it's worth spending the time making it, when details like ACES and new engines are such minute details and are not really an incentive for making the whole thing. Only hardcore realism players would ever care about the engines being different from the RD-180s.

But as I said, I've already started working on it, so if I decide to publish it here, you'll be the first to know ;)

Awesome!
Status update: Currently working on Ariane 6 (two versions) as well as some additional goodies for Vega. The next update will also have two configurations of Vega, one for Real Solar System and one for stock size Kerbin.
How big will the stock Ariane 6 and Vega be? I would make the Ariane 3.125m and the Vega 1.875-1.25m. Also a stock sized Vulcan scales to 3.75m core stage with a 2.5m Centaur. Edited by _Augustus_

Awesome! :)

Thank you so much! And also thank you for helping me out a few weeks back :) Much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!

How big will the stock Ariane 6 and Vega be? I would make the Ariane 3.125m and the Vega 1.875-1.25m.

The launchers themselves will be full scale, but the next update will have 2 config files for each of the lifters so that if people want to use the lifters in stock-size Kerbin, they can. What the additional configs will do, is reduce parameters like amount of fuel, thrust, mass etc so that the vehicles will have the proper amount of deltaV and so on in relation to the scale of Kerbin. That way both people who play in 3.7x, 6.4x, RSS and stock-size can use this mod without having to go into the config files themselves.

Edited by liquidhype

Small update released: Introducing "Vega Stock".

You can now choose between the launcher for either Stock or RSS. Both Versions of the lifter are still real scale :)

Edited by liquidhype

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Just finished 3 new launchers. Ariane 6 PPH, Ariane 6 A62 and Ariane 6 A64.

Not the best image quality as I had to take the screenshot on my ancient laptop.

Launchers from the left: Vega --> Ariane 6 PPH --> Ariane 6 A62 --> Ariane 6 A64

C0MWwf1.png

Hi

I have some trouble with the Vega Stock. The Thrust goes down and up several times during ascent. The maximum height I reached was 25.000 meters.

I am guessing you have ETC installed? You've probably got some mod that is depandant on ETC for its boosters, and as a side-effect it is causing problems with Vega's solids as they are not configured for ETC within ETC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.