[WIP][1.2.2] Keridian Dynamics - Dev Thread [Last Update: 2017-01-21]

2 hours ago, Souptime said:

how do i use the mobile VAB for making rokcet?

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Extraplanetary Lauchpads.  It is basically the part that contains the workshop module?  

yes - or SimpleConstruction! which is a simplified version of EL (that uses the EL.dll)

15 hours ago, Souptime said:

Oh, i meant can i assemble rockets without going back and forth to the KSC then the base. The name "Mobile VAB" makes it seem like its an on the go VAB

the simple answer: Build, yes. 

the long answer: you still have to design the vessels/subassemblies in the normal VAB. EL (and SimpleConstruction, and MKS, and all others) still rely on the stock VAB to design.

8 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

the simple answer: Build, yes. 

the long answer: you still have to design the vessels/subassemblies in the normal VAB. EL (and SimpleConstruction, and MKS, and all others) still rely on the stock VAB to design.

ah

i hope there will be a way to be able to assemble vessels on the go, since KSP 1.12 is coming soon we'll have a lot of time to experiment without having to worry about updates

• 2 months later...

@zer0Kerbal, any chance that you might release your latest version or is it somewhere other than your github?  I'm working on getting it compatible with Sandcastle and my own configs for SIMPLEX Resources, for the conversion with NaturalOre -> MetalParts, RareOre -> Custom Parts, and a ratio of MetalParts and CustomParts for constructing rockets.  MetalParts made in furnaces, CustomParts made in the fabricator.   With SIMPLEX Assembly, I'm going to knock out the EPL parts as all the KD ones look more awesomer. 

With Sandcastle, the MobileVAB? part will be a 3D printer, and the PAMs a later game ones that can be used for 3D printing but not have inventory as part of the.  The Fabricator will print what I've already put in the Stock Lab, so parachutes, batteries, RTG and EVA things.

Peace.

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

@zer0Kerbal, any chance that you might release your latest version or is it somewhere other than your github?  I'm working on getting it compatible with Sandcastle and my own configs for SIMPLEX Resources, for the conversion with NaturalOre -> MetalParts, RareOre -> Custom Parts, and a ratio of MetalParts and CustomParts for constructing rockets.  MetalParts made in furnaces, CustomParts made in the fabricator.   With SIMPLEX Assembly, I'm going to knock out the EPL parts as all the KD ones look more awesomer. 

With Sandcastle, the MobileVAB? part will be a 3D printer, and the PAMs a later game ones that can be used for 3D printing but not have inventory as part of the.  The Fabricator will print what I've already put in the Stock Lab, so parachutes, batteries, RTG and EVA things.

Peace.

most current (pre-release) version here. There is also a branch on the github with additional changes. I am waiting for (any) reports about how it is functioning before continuing.

So you are just including configs for SIMPLEX Resources if both it and Sandcastle are installed?

I agree @Eleusis La Arwalldid a bang up job on them. Just wait until you see the new(er)(er) versions. :D.

You might also want to look at something else I've been simmering Foundation(s) (don't know if I like it with or without the s) - just released a new beta.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

46 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

most current (pre-release) version here. There is also a branch on the github with additional changes. I am waiting for (any) reports about how it is functioning before continuing

I'm working off your Github.

Is firmament still a thing?  Like the ground stuff. In the image in the OP. I've never really used KAS or KISbut when i wanted to try it years ago i couldnt get it to work.

Foundations eh? Wish I'd kjow about this.  Are theg like the diamond clamps that Taniwha made also forever ago?  Or is it a part that kind of claws the ground?

55 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

So you are just including configs for SIMPLEX Resources if both it and Sandcastle are installed

Good question.  No.  CRP as the alternative.   I think you need CRP for EL to work i think.  B9partswitch hives a hissy if resources are missing

37 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Foundations eh? Wish I'd kjow about this.  Are theg like the diamond clamps that Taniwha made also forever ago?  Or is it a part that kind of claws the ground?

it is a simple module that creates a strong (variable) attachment (node) to the ground from a part with the module. I would have loved to have it a long time ago as well. Kind of like ground anchors - except not.

38 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

hink you need CRP for EL

SC as well. RocketParts and Metal / MetalOre  / Metals

40 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

SC as well. RocketParts and Metal / MetalOre  / Metals

SC is the reason i didnt call it Simplex Construction lol.

Yes.  It will be a config that patches NEEDS SIMPLEXResources, and another for NEEDS CommunityResourcePack,!SIMPLEXResources if people have a need for both.  I figure that if someone wants Simplex Resources they prefer that, and CRP is for something I haven't patched for yet.

So more like suction caps :?

What I'd like to see is a permanent ground fixture that is a generator - on the scale of a small nuke. 

One that you have to build in situ.  Then it operates as a geothermal station using a solid state thermoelectric generator bored deep underground.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_generator

Also can't be moved once deployed. 

I think i could manipulate the ground anchor into such a thing they have a heat map as a resource which i suspect exists in some mod already.

But that is unrelated.

6 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Wish I'd kjow about this

EL ground fixtures 101:

Technically, EL does it already.  If you build a vessel on survey stakes and with launch clamps on the vessel, it will be built fixed to ground, properly oriented to gravity vector and placed as low as EL thinks it's safe. Press Alt+L to lock staging so you won't stage the clamps accidentially.

Launch clamps (parts with their PartModule) are the only reliable way of fixing the vessel. They create unbreakable joint to the coordinate system of the game, not the surface, which keeps them safe when terrain loads. And - they don't keep the vessel too close(in contact) to the ground. Some parts (WIP foundations in KD, Tahiwha Diamond Clamps. ModularLaunchPads base mounts) are purpose-made for EL and construction mods, some can be redone for it in simple steps

Set node_attach to Rigid by NodeHelper (if your clamp is surface attachable, do it with stack node otherwise). It's simply adding ,1,1 as last digits in node definition

stagingEnabled = false string in LaunchClamp or ElExtendingLaunchClamp module will remove the annoying staging button. Will still be able to do it in PAW if needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bout ground fixtures as generators and "heat maps as resource" - i do feel interested. It will be as easy as creating new resource with Global definition and adding harvester module and converter module(to EC) to clamps or the parts you choose. Summon me in appropriate thread, it shouldn't be too hard.0xm7P1u.jpg

Edited by Hohmannson

35 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

If you build a vessel on survey stakes

Ah.  You see i never really got into KAS or KIS so it was never an option :(

35 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

Tahiwha Diamond Clamps.

These were great but hard to find.  But i did play around with them from time to time.

-------------------------- lol this is silly to type on a phone.

Getting this done is easy with cfgs and MM patxhinv The heat map isn't an issue.  Setting it to be random like Ore - fine.  Special ScanSat module to scan for it.  And a part model that can be used for it from somewhere (or cobbelled to gether with part weld).

If i released it as a mod what would i call it?  I'd keep it separate from Simplex Resources.

Hard part is finding time to  do it.

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

• 5 months later...
On 6/9/2021 at 12:35 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Here you go. The more reports back the faster I can get it released.

v0.8.9.1-prerelease Vacuuming the Carpets

available on CurseForge.

Kindly file reports (bug, issue, enhancement, etc) on GitHub repo (discussion : issues)

everything (should) shows up in the VAB.

todo:

• update readme
  • update patches
  •  wait for :its not working: reports
  •  move over to B9 primary
  •  update dependencies
  • create new forum thread.

:maneuver: New Forum Thread here.

Moderators - kindly lock this thread per original authors permission @Eleusis La Arwall 

Thank you! ::targetpro:

Working on Keridian Dynamics 

new thread:

Track progress: issues here - projects here.

The Short List

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal | Twitter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.