[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

As far as the plumes go... it looks to me like both Waterfall and RealPlume are both active on most engines. Now this isn't really a bad thing.... I kinda love it! They seem to compliment each other.:happy:

Now as far as bugs go... I've seen many.

Trying to go EVA from one of the station cores sent Bill for a heck of a ride! It launched him out the door at breakneck speed! Barely had enough Mono to get back in.

I tried to attach a spark Engine (i think) to the service module and the VAB froze until I exited the VAB and reopened the ship.

I'm going to continue using SSTU in this 1.12.2 save despite the bugs, I would really like to see Shadowmage update this mod but it is after all his choice.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Kerbalsgreat.Cyren001 said:

Cant remember when but for some time the tank, srb's and station cores look all like the boosters seen in this image, the capsule and shuttle however both look fine.

That looks like missing meshes. Only time I've ever seen something like that was when I ****ed up an installation.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2021 at 3:04 PM, 1FingerSalute said:

As far as the plumes go... it looks to me like both Waterfall and RealPlume are both active on most engines. Now this isn't really a bad thing.... I kinda love it! They seem to compliment each other.:happy:

Now as far as bugs go... I've seen many.

Trying to go EVA from one of the station cores sent Bill for a heck of a ride! It launched him out the door at breakneck speed! Barely had enough Mono to get back in.

I tried to attach a spark Engine (i think) to the service module and the VAB froze until I exited the VAB and reopened the ship.

I'm going to continue using SSTU in this 1.12.2 save despite the bugs, I would really like to see Shadowmage update this mod but it is after all his choice.

Same here. Since the game is officially complete now. I would love to see one final update

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 3:29 AM, Sudragon said:

Does anyone have a patch for running methalox in SSTU tanks?

Depends on if you're running with Real Fuels or not. If you were then you would probably already have the ability to load methane in your tanks and be in need of configs for the engines. 

Are you? If so then I can probably help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 6:35 AM, Jimbodiah said:

I tried adding it from the CRP mod which is already used through a MM patch, but for some reason it will not take it through patches so I added them directly in my install's sstu files for the tanks.

Could you post the  code and where to apply it?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 5:29 AM, Sudragon said:

Does anyone have a patch for running methalox in SSTU tanks?

Install RealFuels, it's not worth the hassle of trying to make a config in my opinion, I tried but it never gets quite right, but RealFuels fixes everything and you wont have issues unless one of your mods dont support RF, but never had a problem

On 5/24/2022 at 3:28 PM, Brainpop14 said:

I wish this would get updated for 1.12.3 I cannot play without it

You can play just fine on 1.12.3 on my experience, never had a problem, works just fine

On 6/6/2022 at 11:54 AM, cinemagic said:

It's slightly incompatible with restock, the modular radial tank fails to load proper model with restock installed.

There's a mini guide on the ReStock post that teaches you how to fix that, it's because ReStock blacklists old ksp models so the game doenst have to load the new and old models, if you know what model the mod needs, you can just go and move the model from the blacklist to the whitelist, then it should work fine

• 1 month later...

Is there something im forgetting about fairing base size limits? Rebuilding modded save after forever from 1.11 to 12 and the two fairing bases and interstage adapter are limited in all constraints to 1.5m, even in sandbox.

ehh great procedural fairings rewrite did it and i have no clue how to fix it, lovely

Edited by StickyScissors

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone,

I don't know if anyone else is still using this mod.  But I'm drawn back to it from time to time and usually use it as an excuse to play some planet packs that don't have updated scatterer configs and run best on older versions of KSP.  Anyway, one thing that has bothered me for a while is that the USI-LS patches have been out of date for ages.  So, for myself and anyone still using this mod, I decided to spend an hour or so fixing that.

I have submitted a pull request to the repo, you can grab the updated cfgs from there and drop them in the SSTU/ModIntegration/USI/USI-LS directory.  

These patches update all relevant parts to add USI_SwapControllerUSI_SwappableBay, and USI_Converter modules, and changes the old Life Support and Habitat modules to the new USILS_LifeSupportRecyclerSwapOption and USILS_HabitationSwapOption so they work on newer versions of USI-LS.

Where necessary to add life support or habitat values, I used values from other similar parts that I could find configs for (3 person crew module recycler percentage the same as 3 person crew pod from Near Future Spacecraft, for instance). These values may not be balanced but I won't know until I really dig in and give them a test, which I intend to do over the next week or two. For the SSTU Hab parts, all I really did was a quick find/replace job to make them all work, I didn't change any of the already existing values.

I can't speak to the balance of this patch since I tried to keep it as close to original as I could. I'll have to explore that further in my own testing, but I do welcome feedback and will make adjustments if anything is wildly out of balance. In any case, I figure having a patch that works, even if it's a little unbalanced, is better than having a patch that's outdated and doesn't do anything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 5:37 PM, DeliriumTrigger said:

Hey everyone,

I don't know if anyone else is still using this mod.  But I'm drawn back to it from time to time and usually use it as an excuse to play some planet packs that don't have updated scatterer configs and run best on older versions of KSP.  Anyway, one thing that has bothered me for a while is that the USI-LS patches have been out of date for ages.  So, for myself and anyone still using this mod, I decided to spend an hour or so fixing that.

I have submitted a pull request to the repo, you can grab the updated cfgs from there and drop them in the SSTU/ModIntegration/USI/USI-LS directory.  

These patches update all relevant parts to add USI_SwapControllerUSI_SwappableBay, and USI_Converter modules, and changes the old Life Support and Habitat modules to the new USILS_LifeSupportRecyclerSwapOption and USILS_HabitationSwapOption so they work on newer versions of USI-LS.

Where necessary to add life support or habitat values, I used values from other similar parts that I could find configs for (3 person crew module recycler percentage the same as 3 person crew pod from Near Future Spacecraft, for instance). These values may not be balanced but I won't know until I really dig in and give them a test, which I intend to do over the next week or two. For the SSTU Hab parts, all I really did was a quick find/replace job to make them all work, I didn't change any of the already existing values.

I can't speak to the balance of this patch since I tried to keep it as close to original as I could. I'll have to explore that further in my own testing, but I do welcome feedback and will make adjustments if anything is wildly out of balance. In any case, I figure having a patch that works, even if it's a little unbalanced, is better than having a patch that's outdated and doesn't do anything.

You could make your own continuation; the license allows for that :)

7 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

You could make your own continuation; the license allows for that :)

If I knew the first thing about programming I totally would offer to take over maintenance and tackle some of the nagging bugs this has on 1.12.  But I don't, so I'm just waiting like everyone else for Shadowmage to return or for someone to take up the torch. 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.