SCF Home base + 7/8/15 Spacecraft friday [Looking for you!]

kn81KUd.jpg

A while ago, somebody suggested a spacecraft Thursday. I got to thinking about that, and I decided to do it myself! Only on Friday, because I have more time for KSP on Friday.

When I supported it, I thought it would be easy, but it is not. I set threads to display to last week only, and in my first cut, I had at least 15 craft. All of them were awesome, but a narrowed it down to what I think are the 5 best craft. I'm not going to have more than one craft by a single builder, and I'll make sure to have at least one craft by a new builder.

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I was not elected, I just decided to do it. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

This works on a first come, first serve basis, and if the person on the top can't do it, the person right below will do it. If you want to do it, remember, I will only taking submissions on this thread, not on the week's list.

Maintainer list:

Rules for maintainers:

1. Don't use your own crafts. Not because they're not good, but because people will feel like you're trying to get attention with it.

2. Don't pick two craft from one builder.

3. Try not to just pick from a small group of builders every week.

4. 5 to 10 craft is about right.

5. To decide maintainers, we will have a first come, first serve system.

6. Try to test stuff, but it's not necessary.

7. If you have extra time, you can select single craft from showcases, following the same rules as normal craft.

8. Add this to the top of your page:

OeVBDOq.png

Standard disclaimer: said:

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I am not official in any way, shape, or form. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

List of all SCFs:

7/8/15 Posted by Mad Rocket Scientist. Right below.

14/8/15 Posted by Yukon0009

21/8/15 Posted by Rune

28/8/15 Posted by selfish_meme

4/9/15 Posted by qhostbuzzer7

11/9/15 Posted by Yukon0009

18/9/15 Posted by pTrevTrevs

25/9/15 Posted by Yukon0009 substituting for BlueCanary

4/10/15 Posted by YargJay9991

9/10/15 Posted by FlipNascar

16/10/15 Posted by BlueCanary

23/10/15 Posted by Mad Rocket Scientist

31/10/15 Posted by YargJay9991

6/11/15 Posted by ghostbuzzer7

13/11/15 Posted by Bubbadevlin

(Missed week due to 1.1)

Spoiler

So, I give to you, in no particular order:

The week's top spacecraft!

RevanCorana's Whirlwind:

ksp_whirlwind_fighter_vtol_by_revancorana-d93qdcx.jpg

This extremely acrobatic VTOL has many features that make it stand out as a extra-special craft. The clever engine design is of particular interest, it uses a clipped pre-cooler for a fan effect.

The compact missles are very accurate, and the bomb is a, I believe, unique design.

Zais' Class L "Say my name" lifters:

Something that we don't have enough of on the Spacecraft exchange: Lifters! These are exemplary in many ways: Cost, part count, and ease of use. I hope that Zais will release many more craft in the future.

renePRO's Roller Coaster:

I didn't DL this since it has mods, but there's a video, so just watch that and be blown away.

Rune's Base-In-A-Box:

Vp6ZMYl.png

This is just legendary. Nothing else need be said.

FlipNascar's MiK 29:

HJbmCF6.jpg

The Mik 29 is a truly beautiful aircraft, FlipNascar did a awesome job on the joint between the cockpit and the fuselage. The handling is superb, buzz the tower with it!

Majorjim's At-ST:

11ltt6t.jpg

This thing is... just incredible. I could swear it's not stock, but it is. How does it balance? The magic of Majorjim's building! You'll never look at the science tab the same way again.

That's it, thanks for reading!

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

As I said early, I really like that type of design in the aircrafts. And Rune's modular base it's just amazing, I'm already thinking of try to build my own inspirated by him, but it seems just too complicated. :(

I'm new to the forum, but you guys are making me feel just like I'm in my home, I have to say thank you for that and I have to say thanks to you Mad Rocket Scientist, for having this really cool idea to show more the work of all of us to the forum, that motivates us to do more.

I'm already working on the Say My Name Mk2, it will be nine capacities of 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 and 150. And I'm doing some tweaks in the design.

Last but not least, how can I create a spoiler? Hehehe :)

Edited by Zais
Typos, typos, typos everywhere this is my nightmare. Sorry, English is not my first language as you can see

I already gave you rep for something else so I am writing here about how awesome this is and hope to feature one friday!

Thanks! I try to pick not just the biggest names in craft building.

Well then, I guess it's time i start shipping creations to the Spacecraft Exchange instead of the Work-In-Progress design thread. :P

When that R7 gets updated to 1.1...

As I said early, I really like that type of design in the aircrafts. And Rune's modular base it's just amazing, I'm already thinking of try to build my own inspirated by him, but it seems just too complicated. :(

I'm new to the forum, but you guys are making me feel just like I'm in my home, I have to say thank you for that and I have to say thanks to you Mad Rocket Scientist, for having this really cool idea to show more the work of all of us to the forum, that motivates us to do more.

I'm already working on the Say My Name Mk2, it will be nine capacities of 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 and 150. And I'm doing some tweaks in the design.

Last but not least, how can I create a spoiler? Hehehe :)

You're welcome! Here's how:

[noparse]

Content

[/noparse]

To get:

Content

When that R7 gets updated to 1.1...

Well, it is updated for 1.0.4, it's just currently off-picture. It's here, sunken in the bowels of the Spacecraft Exchange, waiting to be dusted off. :)

Not to advertise.

Also, thank you for pursuing this! :D That's very nice of you to do and would be a big benefit to the Rocket Builders community.

Assuming Spacecraft Friday becomes a regular fixture, it would probably only feature stuff from within the exchange itself. So post it here is you want the next one to have a chance to feature Kidonia (it's very impressive btw)

Well, it is updated for 1.0.4, it's just currently off-picture. It's here, sunken in the bowels of the Spacecraft Exchange, waiting to be dusted off. :)

Not to advertise.

Also, thank you for pursuing this! :D That's very nice of you to do and would be a big benefit to the Rocket Builders community.

It has to have been posted in the last week, sorry.

Cool thanks for the heads up that was unexpected. Glad to see you liked it.

Looking forward to your next craft MRS.

You're welcome.

This is good! And I don't mean to just toot my own horn, but...

Shouldn't Kidonia get a feature too? ;)

Assuming Spacecraft Friday becomes a regular fixture, it would probably only feature stuff from within the exchange itself. So post it here is you want the next one to have a chance to feature Kidonia (it's very impressive btw)

Exactly, I (or one of my helpers) will look at every craft posted in the last week, and I can't promise anything, but that might be featured.

I will not be able to do this next week, so I will need some help, I'm now accepting offers of help. It is not easy! I probably spent 30+ minutes on this post, to see last week's posts, set the post age cut-off to last week. (In general settings)

- - - Updated - - -

I have added Majorjim's AT-ST, I sort of ran out of time yesterday, apologies to Majorjim.

Yay, this! Rep'd.

Could you please feature one of the crafts from my company please? Pretty please? If you click the picture in my sig, you will be taken to my company page. Choose the craft that is the awesomest (to you) to be on here, and just show it!

A while ago, somebody suggested a spacecraft Thursday. I got to thinking about that, and I decided to do it myself! Only on Friday, because I have more time for KSP on Friday.

When I supported it, I thought it would be easy, but it is not. I set threads to display to last week only, and in my first cut, I had at least 15 craft. All of them were awesome, but a narrowed it down to what I think are the 5 best craft. I'm not going to have more than one craft by a single builder, and I'll make sure to have at least one craft by a new builder.

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I was not elected, I just decided to do it. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out.

Totally behind the idea. And glad to be on this week's list! :) I guess I'll have to do something to try and top myself off... (doubt I will, let's face it). Anyhow, I'm especially behind the "I was not elected, I just decided to do it". This would get voted into boredom very quick! As long as you keep the disclaimer "this is my own personal opinion, blablabla".

As to the people I share the list with, awesome work all of them. I especially dig the Mik, and the AT-ST touches very close to the heart. :)

Rune. I also like the "at least one new builder" part. Getting noticed is very difficult at first!

Yay, this! Rep'd.

Could you please feature one of the crafts from my company please? Pretty please? If you click the picture in my sig, you will be taken to my company page. Choose the craft that is the awesomest (to you) to be on here, and just show it!

Sorry mate, but you're gonna have to compete with all the other crafts posted within one week.

What Yukoon009 said.

Damn, If this were around when I released the my Typhoon, I bet it would have been on here. Damn... So close to fame, yet so far...

Well, if you made another submarine...

Totally behind the idea. And glad to be on this week's list! :) I guess I'll have to do something to try and top myself off... (doubt I will, let's face it). Anyhow, I'm especially behind the "I was not elected, I just decided to do it". This would get voted into boredom very quick! As long as you keep the disclaimer "this is my own personal opinion, blablabla".

As to the people I share the list with, awesome work all of them. I especially dig the Mik, and the AT-ST touches very close to the heart. :)

Thanks!

Rune. I also like the "at least one new builder" part. Getting noticed is very difficult at first!

Well, I wanted to make sure that there was a variety.

I have an announcement! Yukoon009 will be doing next week's, as I will be unable to do it.

Damnit.. must.. spam.. crafts! Whether it's good-looking or not, as long as it's a replica, it's good!

Just kidding, of course it would take me about.. a week to upload a single ship. Because damn you, real life.

Damnit.. must.. spam.. crafts! Whether it's good-looking or not, as long as it's a replica, it's good!

Just kidding, of course it would take me about.. a week to upload a single ship. Because damn you, real life.

It doesn't have to be a replica. I want to have a wide cross-section of the spacecraft exchange.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.