SCF Home base + 7/8/15 Spacecraft friday [Looking for you!]

Yes, looks more gorgeous than ever. Maybe you could make it slightly more.. KSP-themed, though.

True...

Hmm, that looks good, but a bit pixelated. The way it's been pulled apart though...

Maybe you can use both. Alternate them between videos.

Maybe, but I think it makes more sense to just have one.

If you finish it before Friday I might use it, and also the list is more or less complete, except for a few.

Actually, I managed to finish the same day I made it:

*This was made while listening to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. Apparently, it helped.

kn81KUd.jpg

What do you think?

This will def. need featured in the future. I know this week is really well booked but I will post it here for reference anyways.

Early WIP download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5dx4drds9t9a2b/Mega-Truck%202_0.craft?dl=0

Directions on the forum post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/131304-WIP-KSP-Mega-Truck-2-0

Edited by Jon144

@Columbia Actually I forgot task what image editing programs do you use?

I used Autodesk Sketchbook.. with a tablet and stylus.

A basis image is taken - Say, if you want to "cartoonize" a Space Shuttle, take an image of one that you want it to look like.

Import it in Sketchbook, and place a new layer on top of it.

To start, "pick" the color from the base image - Best advised to put as few outlines as possible.

Once that's done, lower the opacity of the base image to around 50 percent, and trace the image. If you need to get a new color from it, put back the opacity to 100, and pick the color.. Make sure it's filled in and with as few outlines as possible.

Here's an example of a Cathay Pacific B777 I did just today (which was the most painstaking and tiring Sketchbook project I ever did)

ZKobm9f.jpg

The base image:

Cathay_Pacific_Boeing_777-300ER_(7055258465)_(2).jpg

Well, of course.. you know the rest.

Cathay Pacific, your livery is a pain to draw.

@Veeltech Sorry mate yours will have to compete with all the good crafts out there but not saying it's bad though (I cannot into SSTO)

Sooooooo... You are saying my craft has almost no chance to be featured because you can't fly SSTOs?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.