[1.0.5] StateFunding 0.3.4

iamchairs

StateFunding ~0.3.4

--------------------------

If upgrading from 0.1.0 to >= 0.2.0 please delete your save's statefunding.conf file at `saves/{your-save}/statefunding.conf`.

# 0.3.4

• Fix: Improve support for non-standard solar systems. [Thank You, Maeyanie]
  • Fix: Base landed body check. [Thank You, JadeE1024]

# 0.3.3

• Fixed modulealias bug (incorrect file format)

# 0.3.2

• Packaged Properly

# 0.3.1

• Added module aliases to support more mods.
  • Added fixed width for smaller resolutions.

# 0.3.0

• Added Rovers

• Added Space Stations

• Added Bases

• Mining Rigs and Science Labs exclude "Base" and "Station" types

• Updated StateFunding Hub Application

• Updated Descriptions

# 0.2.6

• Kerbals are considered stranded if they are out of fuel OR electric charge
  • Kerbals aren't considered stranded until a 2 year grace period is up. The StateFunding Hub will show you how much time is left before a Kerbal becoms Stranded.
  • Fixed duplicate app launcher bug

# 0.2.5

• Kerbals in a space station, base, or rover, wont be considered stranded

# 0.2.4

• Created Module Alias Config at data/modulealiases.settings to allow grouping similar modules together. This will let users add their mod's modules and avoid long if-else trees of edge cases.
  • Updated Kill/Crash game events to be more predictable and accurate.
  • Added Scrolling Views to StateFunding Hub. No more text overflow.

# 0.2.3

• Fatal Bug Fix

# 0.2.2

• Added 'data/government.settings' to allow editing/adding new governments
  • Update GUI to use KSP GUISkin
  • Made reviews quarterly and reduced review payout by 1/4th

# 0.2.1

• 0.2.0 Incorrectly packaged

# 0.2.0

• Fixed Bugs
  • Removed Unnecessary Assemblies
  • Added SatelliteCoverage Modifier
  • Added ScienceStation Modifier
  • Added MiningRig Modifier
  • Added "Stranded" Kerbal Modifier
  • Added PO/SC Decay
  • Added New Screens to StateFunding Hub

StateFunding

StateFunding is a Mod that tries to reward you for doing things you want to do. You can choose between two governments that have different play styles. Each quarter (106 Days) you will receive a review for that quarter and be paid out (or fined) depending on your performance.

State Confidence (SC) / Public Opinion (PO)

Your space program is tracked by both State Confidence (SC) and Public Opinion (PO). A combination of State Confidence and Public Opinion determines your funding for each quarter. Unlike Contracts, you can increase your SC and PO with permanent modifiers- or at least permanent while a condition is met. While SC and PO are equal when it comes to deciding your funding, depending on the government you choose, you will either receive more PO or SC for meeting a PO or SC condition.

Public Opinion Modifiers

• Having Kerbals on Flights.
  • Having Kerbals on a Space Station or Base.
  • Having more Vessels docked with a Space Station or Base
  • Having a Base with a Science Lab and/or Drill
  • Having a Space Station with a Science Lab
  • Having a Space Station landed on an astroid- additionally having a drill on that space station
  • Having Rovers on other bodies

Public Opinion Penalties

• Kerbals Die
  • Kerbals are Stranded
  • Kerbals are Left for Dead

State Confidence Modifiers

• Having more Satellite coverage of a body
  • Having Science Labs in orbit of bodies other than the Sun or landed on bodies other than the Home Planet
  • Having Drills in orbit of bodies (landed on an astroid) or landed on bodies other than the Home Planet
  • Having more Fuel on a Space Station / Base
  • Having more Ore on a Space Station / Base
  • Having higher Crew Capacity on a Space Station / Base
  • Having more Docking Ports on a Space Station / Base
  • Having a Science Lab on a Space Station / Base
  • Having a Drill on a Base
  • Having a Drill on a Space Station that is landed on an astroid

Static Confidence Penalties

• Destroying Vessels

Customization / Mod Support

To add/modify governments. Update the contents of `GameData/StateFunding/data/governments.settings`. Many checks involve checking if a vessel has a module. For example, to see if a vessel has autonomous command, it checks for a ModuleSAS module on the Vessel. Since Mods have their own module names for similar types (i.e. RT's "ModuleSPU"), there is an aliases file mapping an alias to a set of similar Modules. You can update the aliases by changing the `GameData/StateFunding/data/modulealiases.settings` file.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_16_at_7_07_02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_08_16_at_7_04_44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_08_16_at_7_04_52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_08_16_at_7_04_59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_08_16_at_7_05_08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_08_16_at_7_05_23_PM.png

Github Source: https://github.com/iamchairs/StateFunding

KerbalStuff Download: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1069/State%20Funding

Edited by iamchairs
New Minor

Love it!

One problem - none of my satellites are being detected as such. I *think* this is either due to my using Kopernicus, which I doubt as all the extra planets are listed in order (although the list spills over the end of the window, and is therefore kind of unreadable) or RemoteTech - are you detecting antennae by the stock module? if that is the case, could you add in an or-check for 'ModuleRTAntenna'?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Found the problem - submitted a pull request on Github with a fix.

Edited by ABZB

Can we get a bit more of an explanation on how this works.

It seems like an awesome mod but is the yearly budget given each year, so could you just fast forward multiple years and have hundreds of millions of $. Or would it penalize you for not sending any missions up.

What does increasing/decreasing confidence and public opinion?

Again seems like a great idea and can't wait to see where this goes.

yare you detecting antennae by the stock module? if that is the case, could you add in an or-check for 'ModuleRTAntenna'?.

I have an update for this that will make it easier to incorporate with other mods. You can update it yourself, send me the names of modules via a PM, or submit a pull request to this file-

https://github.com/iamchairs/StateFunding/blob/0.2.4/data/modulealiases.settings

I'll git it in for the next minor minor release.

Can we get a bit more of an explanation on how this works.

It seems like an awesome mod but is the yearly budget given each year, so could you just fast forward multiple years and have hundreds of millions of $. Or would it penalize you for not sending any missions up.

What does increasing/decreasing confidence and public opinion?

Again seems like a great idea and can't wait to see where this goes.

It was moved to quarterly but yes, you can cheese it- for a while. There is decay so unless you are achieving permanent modifiers your funding will disappear quickly. There could be more measures added to prevent cheesing.

A confidence of State Confidence and Public Opinion is what determines your funding. They have equal weight in how much funding you will receive but are acquired differently. Depending on the government you choose it may be easier to raise one over the other. All modifiers can be seen in the StateFunding Hub window from the Application Launcher toolbar at the Space Centre.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also, from that window, see your current review status and how well you're performing that quarter.

Figured out a partial solution to the stranded kerbal problem. If possible, have it ignore kerbals in a craft that is a base, station, or rover. This should fix small space stations, mks, oks, epl, and most other mods like that.

Not sure how to fix crashed ships not registering.

I also thought of another problem, rescue missions. Might be a non issue though. The mission would have to cross over when the report is run, and ifnthe hit to finance isn't too extreme then the mission reward would make up for it.

Release 0.2.4.

Added fixes for issues @ABZB mentioned and fixed some known issues.

@Doughy

What version do you have? Try updating and see if that helps. If that doesn't work I'd be very interested in getting my hands on your save file if that's possible.

@HarlyKin

That would probably work. It would be on the honor system for the person to label their vessels correctly. But that probably won't be an issue. I'll add that to the next minor minor.

I think I resolved the events issue. By some dark magic it's *seems* more stable when I register the event listener *after* the game started. Maybe I'm going crazy. Additionally, since any piece can emit a crash event I'm only listening to command modules (manned and unmanned) and counting those as vessels. That would mean if you had multiple command modules they would count as vessels. I don't know if it's possible to search for vessels in the immediate vicinity of a vessel. That could help as I'd be able to see if multiple command modules are in meters distance of one another and not count multiple when it's not necessary.

@Akronymus

I haven't made an effort to balance it with anything unless asked for (I usually just play with KerbalEngineer). So any bugs/suggestions for your mod would be appreciated.

@GregroxMun

Fair point depending on how you're using it. What sort of vessel only has a crew module?

@Akronymus

I haven't made an effort to balance it with anything unless asked for (I usually just play with KerbalEngineer). So any bugs/suggestions for your mod would be appreciated.

@GregroxMun

Fair point depending on how you're using it. What sort of vessel only has a crew module?

well - both are used by that rescue-a-kerbal mission...

Kerbals in bases or stations are no longer considered "stranded", eh?

"Congratulations, Komrade Kerman! Eve Orbiter 1 is now Eve surface outpost!"

Lol. Honor system.

Edit:

Is there a reason to have Kerbals in orbit of eve without a science station?