[Released] Free IVA Alpha v0.2.1 [1.12.x] (2022-11-24)

pizzaoverhead

Oooooh! The cutaway shot gave me a great idea... You could render the IVA view to another texture, & use the alpha component on the textures for parts to render the insides using that texture (using screenpos co-ordinates in the pixel shader).

I feel like whatever you end up using to remove the hatches may end up finally allowing modders to utilize Texture Replacer's transparent cockpit windows, without remodeling the entire part. exciting stuff :)

I think you mean the RPM mod's transparent IVA, right? Texture Replacer has no feature like that.

Is there away you could use something like Advanced Landing Capsule where you can open and close the hatch that would be great :)

- - - Updated - - -

Can we use the transparency effect for windows so that we can finally have see through glass in our craft to see the interior from the outside?

JSI had that but it's broke right now there are 2 more plugins that do it but one is out of date and the other thing it's just for there parts and the view can be buggy.

EDIT- Well it was JSI PartUtilities https://github.com/Mihara/PartUtilities/releases/tag/v0.3

Edited by Mecripp2

It's not necessarily broken, and there's a toggle now for editor transparency since a lot of those IVAs were rather hard to work with in the editors. Frame rate goes from 30s to single digits with just one simply window transform and a bunch of RPM props, or it goes into the decimals with something like the ERS rover cockpit. I think it's part of the main RPM distribution now.

How are you going to handle various non-habitable parts that are supposed to be passable? Like that 6-node hub, big probe core with tunnel in middle, etc.? Ideally simple IVA should be modelled for each, but that would be very time consuming. MAube generate simple procedural cylinders with some details on edges? Like it is done in B9 procedural wings.

THANK YOU, I've been waiting for this feature very long

You know how KSP inspires people to go learn about space and stuff.

This mod will make that so much better.

You know I just realized this,

we can have a first person EVA camera too.

two missing features solved at once

:D

Edited by nikokespprfan

Has there been any activity on this..? I fear that this is going to be another dead project :/

Man, I don't really like people who complain but don't read what was written in the thread by pizza.

"I'll be away from my computer for the coming week" Guess why there is no progress.