[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

I myself am installing tweakscale purely so I can make something that'll work with them. Sideways Mk 3 Fuselages upscaled should do the job. It'll probably have to be a ship as even the Mole Tracks from Kerbal Foundries struggle to work with just 1 Bismarck turret (as in slow acceleration to like 1.0 m/s, and no turning ability whatsoever). I could try a Land-Battleship though.

Like TOG? (Sorry, world of tanks reference)

Well, I ran into an issue. My idea worked, but symmetry doesn't like it being sideways so it doesn't work. I'm gonna try Mk4 Fuselage now.

EDIT1: Mk4 Does not support Tweakscale. Guess I'll just have to make a Land-Destroyer for now. I do think that maybe these should be scaled down a bit.

EDIT2: The 5 inch turret is huge even for the Mk4 Fuselage, which itself is big enough to hold 3.75m parts. I think i may uninstall because I do foresee the size being changed so that it works better with stock/non-tweakscale parts.

Edited by mike9606

OK here it is, version 0.1.2. You can see the changelog in OP, now the size looks much better.

PS: I've compared this size to the Hotwizer, and it seems nice.

f8RXmbW.png

Edited by Acea

So do you intend to expand into ship parts. I think that would really expand the horizons as having naval guns isnt all that exciting without the ability to build appropriately sized ships to put them on. If torpedo code could be implemented that would turn things up to 11

So do you intend to expand into ship parts. I think that would really expand the horizons as having naval guns isnt all that exciting without the ability to build appropriately sized ships to put them on. If torpedo code could be implemented that would turn things up to 11

In fact, yes. We're discussing about designing a set of modular ship structure and armor parts, and it's almost on our schedule.

In fact, yes. We're discussing about designing a set of modular ship structure and armor parts, and it's almost on our schedule.

Perhaps we can collaborate. Mt PEW mod already has three naval weapon systems (RIM-174, RIM-116, RGM-184) and I have plans for several more in the near future. If you make launchers (quad and Vcell) my missiles will work very well to fill them.

Perhaps we can collaborate. Mt PEW mod already has three naval weapon systems (RIM-174, RIM-116, RGM-184) and I have plans for several more in the near future. If you make launchers (quad and Vcell) my missiles will work very well to fill them.

Now our team is mainly aiming at WW2 style ships... but a module containing several VLS cells should be acceptable. I'll propose this idea.

Now our team is mainly aiming at WW2 style ships... but a module containing several VLS cells should be acceptable. I'll propose this idea.

If you make a rack of mk.41 cells I have a huge variety of missiles I can make for them since they are used NATO and russia uses a very similar version. I think if you can put an attachment point at the base of each cell mounting missiles should be easy. As for doors im not sure. Animating all at once would probably be easiest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.