[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

8 hours ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

We launched our SCUD storm....

But....That accuracy was extremely terrible, It's all missed the target.....

SCUD still needs work, you'd be surprised how difficult it is to configure a missile that's meant to go further than anything else in BDArmory at the moment :P

@harpwner I'll hit you up later with a test build so you can see the new features. The recommended ranges are out to 40KM to 60KM now. Could be more, we haven't fully tested further out.

Edited by gomker

On 7/17/2017 at 10:54 AM, CaptainAl said:

Actually, (correct me if I'm wrong) it is impossible to outrun the blasts because of a glitch in the BDA code. (read the posts above for info).

This is NOT a glitch in the BDA code it's wrong coding in NKD the blastRadius of NKD is being multiplied against the BDA blastRadius so no matter what you do nukes are going to destroy your craft even 60km away from the blast. I tried telling this to @harpwner but to no avail, it's kinda strange that my nukes don't do that, so NO it's not a BDA glitch.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

5 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

I don't think it's a bug in BDA... Target is the VAB building 88 km away. :cool:

Man no offense but you're not being very constructive when you're patting yourself on the back for 'fixing' the bug and continually telling @harpwner that something's wrong with his code. And you do it constantly in this thread. I wouldn't listen to you either if you kept telling me how awesome your stuff was and how broken mine was, along with telling everyone who comes in here the exact same thing.

i know what I'm saying isn't all that helpful to harpwner either but geez man. We get it. Your nukes in your mod are working. Congratulations! Last time I looked this thread wasn't about next star industries.

52 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Man no offense but you're not being very constructive when you're patting yourself on the back for 'fixing' the bug and continually telling @harpwner that something's wrong with his code. And you do it constantly in this thread. I wouldn't listen to you either if you kept telling me how awesome your stuff was and how broken mine was, along with telling everyone who comes in here the exact same thing.

i know what I'm saying isn't all that helpful to harpwner either but geez man. We get it. Your nukes in your mod are working. Congratulations! Last time I looked this thread wasn't about next star industries.

I was simply demonstrating that it wasn't a bug in BDA. @harpwner continually tells people things are wrong with other mods that aren't and I correct them. I fixed no bug at all, because there is no bug that caused vessels to be destroyed outside of the blastRadius and I told him about it once in a polite way thank you. I don't continuously bash anyone at all. I state my opinion and that's all, no different then anyone else. I like this mod and use it as well is why I even follow this thread. I have no reason to pat myself on the back, because I haven't really done anything different from anyone else, my mod is nothing amazing at all it just adds more weapons. And no offense taken, everyone has their opinions of things, but so we are clear I have not once mentioned my mod in this thread. I have continuously helped others get this mod working, even going as far as giving detailed instructions on how to do it and I made it work in KSP 1.2.2.

Have a good one :cool:

19 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

So wait, is the scud missile supposed to have horrible accuracy? Or is it just a "bug" with BD Armory?

If the guidance is set to "AGMBallistic" (Anti Ground Missile Ballistic ) the trajectory code is not as accurate as we would like.  It has been fixed in dev branch and will be in the next release which is going through QA testing.

Edited by gomker

11 hours ago, gomker said:

If the guidance is set to "AGMBallistic" (Anti Ground Missile Ballistic ) the trajectory code is not as accurate as we would like.  It has been fixed in dev branch and will be in the next release which is going through QA testing.

Oh that will probably require some tweaks on my side. Though honestly it could also be the way I configure the SCUD, since my method is essentially trial and error.

On 7/22/2017 at 1:10 AM, Next_Star_Industries said:

I was simply demonstrating that it wasn't a bug in BDA. @harpwner continually tells people things are wrong with other mods that aren't and I correct them. I fixed no bug at all, because there is no bug that caused vessels to be destroyed outside of the blastRadius and I told him about it once in a polite way thank you. I don't continuously bash anyone at all. I state my opinion and that's all, no different then anyone else. I like this mod and use it as well is why I even follow this thread. I have no reason to pat myself on the back, because I haven't really done anything different from anyone else, my mod is nothing amazing at all it just adds more weapons. And no offense taken, everyone has their opinions of things, but so we are clear I have not once mentioned my mod in this thread. I have continuously helped others get this mod working, even going as far as giving detailed instructions on how to do it and I made it work in KSP 1.2.2.

I don't want to start a debate here, definitely not my intention... but I never really thought it was a BDArmory problem. I always knew it was something on my end, but because I'm essentially a rookie when it comes to Unity and even coding (this is a form of practice for me) I never knew how to fix it. I don't recall explicitly saying it was a problem with 'other mods' and if I really did then it is more likely due to my habit of posting at 4am instead of at a sane hour :P 

In all seriousness, I apologize for coming off wrong with this bug, I am aware it is on my end but I also know what is NOT causing it, and I think that's where the confusion is coming in. I would've made this clearer sooner if Bureaucracy wasn't the primary form of documentation in modern society (college strikes again).

Also, for the previous comment: I don't mind anyone posting on my thread, and I certainly don't mind hinting towards other addons; this is a community after all, and I would appreciate a little respect for @Next_Star_Industries He has been very patient with me as I am essentially juggling things and helping out how he can...

With that said, I would like this to stay a little more on topic, as demonstrating other mods working doesn't make this one any less buggy.

@Next_Star_Industries I will try whatever formerly mentioned fixes you presented in the coming days, it's just life has had me try and be in 500 places at once so this took the back seat... again. Just try not to make me sound so daft :P 

7 hours ago, harpwner said:

I don't want to start a debate here, definitely not my intention... but I never really thought it was a BDArmory problem. I always knew it was something on my end, but because I'm essentially a rookie when it comes to Unity and even coding (this is a form of practice for me) I never knew how to fix it. I don't recall explicitly saying it was a problem with 'other mods' and if I really did then it is more likely due to my habit of posting at 4am instead of at a sane hour :P 

In all seriousness, I apologize for coming off wrong with this bug, I am aware it is on my end but I also know what is NOT causing it, and I think that's where the confusion is coming in. I would've made this clearer sooner if Bureaucracy wasn't the primary form of documentation in modern society (college strikes again).

Also, for the previous comment: I don't mind anyone posting on my thread, and I certainly don't mind hinting towards other addons; this is a community after all, and I would appreciate a little respect for @Next_Star_Industries He has been very patient with me as I am essentially juggling things and helping out how he can...

With that said, I would like this to stay a little more on topic, as demonstrating other mods working doesn't make this one any less buggy.

@Next_Star_Industries I will try whatever formerly mentioned fixes you presented in the coming days, it's just life has had me try and be in 500 places at once so this took the back seat... again. Just try not to make me sound so daft :P 

Thanks for that @harpwner I apologize if I have made you sound like that, it wasn't my intention at all. I'm still pushing this mod and will continue to do so. If you need any help at all with it hit me up, I'm no expert either but I'll help out any way I can. So you are aware the bug of explosions following vessels and a couple other crazy little things are still happening, but these are known issues in BDAc #171, I believe you already know that. It's only happening if you are in control of the active vessel that fired the weapon and are moving. Anything stationary or AI controlled seems to be working as expected. I hope the BDAc team is able to fix it soon because it kills making videos, but it's still fun to watch the AI go at it. Great mod can't wait for your next update I'm missing the B-83. :D

P.S. I agree this thread should be about NKD only and will be from me now on.:rep: I'm also offering help if you decide to do the localisation thing. I can translate to Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese if you decide to.

Also wanted to add don't push the long range stuff much past 90 km they don't act right all past that.

On 22.7.2017 at 0:40 PM, TheFoxbatGuy said:

Hello, I have the problem that some nukes and bombs don`t explode correct. They just hit the ground and explode just like any other object. Is there a way to fix this??

9 hours ago, thomas20037 said:

I'd like to know the answer as well

i have the same problem, nuclear weapons dont explode. Someone please fix!

1 hour ago, zipflaw said:

i have the same problem, nuclear weapons dont explode. Someone please fix!

10 hours ago, thomas20037 said:

I'd like to know the answer as well

On 7/22/2017 at 5:40 AM, TheFoxbatGuy said:

Hello, I have the problem that some nukes and bombs don`t explode correct. They just hit the ground and explode just like any other object. Is there a way to fix this??

On 7/18/2017 at 1:04 PM, ksplover said:

I downloaded the 1.3 the nukes have the normal BDarmory explosion i have all of the parts but no nuclear explosions ;.;

I have detailed instructions on page 64 of this thread on how to make this mod work.

1 hour ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

I have detailed instructions on page 64 of this thread on how to make this mod work.

removing the version number on the folder fixes the issue!

i have been trying to figure out how to fix the mod for a long time so thank you :)

doing a quick google search on "north kerbin dynamics not working" doesn't show how to fix the explotions

2 hours ago, zipflaw said:

i have been trying to figure out how to fix the mod for a long time so thank you :)

doing a quick google search on "north kerbin dynamics not working" doesn't show how to fix the explotions

@harpwner is currently working on his next update and I'm sure he'll resolve this issue with it.

12 hours ago, zipflaw said:

10 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

@harpwner is currently working on his next update and I'm sure he'll resolve this issue with it.

*FACEPALM* AND I KNOW WHY TOO

when you set explosion paths in config files, it asks for the directory with the root being game data... meaning when I set explosions in the part configs... it looks for North Kerbin Weaponry, and fails because it has to match.

I am a big dumb, and will fix it next update. If anyone else is having issues with explosions, remove the version number (if it isn't removed already).

4 hours ago, harpwner said:

when you set explosion paths in config files, it asks for the directory with the root being game data... meaning when I set explosions in the part configs... it looks for North Kerbin Weaponry, and fails because it has to match.

I am a big dumb, and will fix it next update. If anyone else is having issues with explosions, remove the version number (if it isn't removed already).

I think you need remove version number in bigger text.

5 hours ago, harpwner said:

Yes sir about the paths and no your not big dumb, easy mistake to make when there is a lot of things going on in a mod like this one. I'll look at things 90 times save it, release it, and then have to correct the easily seen mistakes I made and release an update to fix it, that's what makes it fun and a learning experience as well. Just last night I seen I forgot to uncheck a box in Unity for exhaust particles, so when you were in the editor and highlighted the parts in the list it would start the particles in the selection panel. :blush: It looked neat but sucks because it has been in everyone of my updates. I don't know about anyone else but I'm having a blast using your stuff can't wait for the next update.

7 hours ago, harpwner said:

The issue has been there a long time. Glad that i could help, if you call that help :P This is probably my favorite mod/addon ever. and now that it works i can finally blow up kerbin again :) fantastic work sir!

Hi there. I am newly start with the NKD. As I was playing the mod, I found that nothing really explode. And I checked the part detail, all product of NKD have a blast heat of -1. Is that set by the author due to the WIP or is there solution to change it?Thanks alot

I am currently using 1.3 and have all the rquirements for this mod so BDArmory, C.A.L and obviously NKD but when dropping / detonating nuclear weapons they do not 'explode' into a wonderful mushroom cloud like they should, does anyone have a way to fix or remedy this problem? thanks, Fatt Momas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.