xxhansonmaxx

[1.0.5] CST-100 Starliner - 3.75m 7 Seat Crew Vehicle! (v0.7.6 Nosecone fix and more!)

156 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, MacLuky said:

runs fine on 1.2

Good to know, I am suppose to take over development of this (hansonma is no longer developing). What was supposed to be done before this was set back by months of conflicts, my poor work ethic at the time, and the project's model was done poorly making later stages harder to complete. Now that the said project is back on track, I will get started on getting this reduxed once it is finished(starting with a remodel, and a resize because I've been swayed by BDB to do more realistic, but not stock sizes. Basically the capsule would be 3.125 meters with all proper adapters to go to any stock size). I haven't decided if I will add the HL-20 (also known as 'DreamChaser') to this mod or the mod for my current project (which is X-20 Dynasoar btw). If you have any questions, message me, and if I missed anything on taking over mods, if someone could point me in the correct direction, that would be great.

3 people like this

On 2/13/2017 at 6:10 AM, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Good to know, I am suppose to take over development of this (hansonma is no longer developing). What was supposed to be done before this was set back by months of conflicts, my poor work ethic at the time, and the project's model was done poorly making later stages harder to complete. Now that the said project is back on track, I will get started on getting this reduxed once it is finished(starting with a remodel, and a resize because I've been swayed by BDB to do more realistic, but not stock sizes. Basically the capsule would be 3.125 meters with all proper adapters to go to any stock size). I haven't decided if I will add the HL-20 (also known as 'DreamChaser') to this mod or the mod for my current project (which is X-20 Dynasoar btw). If you have any questions, message me, and if I missed anything on taking over mods, if someone could point me in the correct direction, that would be great.

You have still any plans to update this to 1.2.2? Thanks

On 4/21/2017 at 1:36 PM, onlinegamesz said:

You have still any plans to update this to 1.2.2? Thanks

I want to say it still works, correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted (edited)

On 4/24/2017 at 10:36 PM, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I want to say it still works, correct me if I'm wrong.

Using the latest github master, nosecone stills spam the log with the 256 vertices error and lags the game

Yes, 3.125 fits perfect!

FH615Uy.png

United Launch Alliance (ULA) and Boeing unveiled an add-on aeroskirt to the Atlas V rocket that will launch Boeing’s CST-100 Starliner capsule for NASA. It was developed after engineers encountered difficulties with aerodynamic stability and loads resulting from the difference in width between the capsule and the rocket.

The Starliner capsule is wider than the Atlas V launch vehicle on which it would sit atop. During the ascent phase, this would cause an aerodynamic dead zone just behind the spacecraft, generating drag and dangerous differences in pressure.

The aeroskirt would attach aft of the spacecraft, extending the Starliner Service Module’s cylindrical surface to smooth out the air flow over the integrated capsule/rocket and bring load margins back to acceptable flight levels.

0cI27g7.png

Read more

Edited by Drakenex
1 person likes this

On ‎2015‎-‎08‎-‎20 at 0:41 PM, _Augustus_ said:

I would make it 3.125m but that's just me.

You can go into the .cfg file and change that.

I've found a replacement for the nosecone, if anyone wants directions PM me.