Which one looks nicer; new Mk1 cockpit or old one

Falkenherz

Vote on the cockpit version you like  

347 members have voted

1. 1. Vote on the cockpit version you like

• Old Mk1 cockpit
    • New Mk1 cockpit

Patch 1.1 will bring us newly designed parts. The new Mk1 cockpit can be seen in this album.

Im genously curious how the majority feels. Personally, I do not like parts which are too close to real life, being more of a sci-fi inspired Kerbal. E.g. the space-shuttle cockpit looks horrible to me and I feel I cannot produce any sleek design with it, even though by its tech data it seems to be one of the best available.

Edited by Falkenherz

I myself really love it, but I'm a bit concerned as to how some others will react, especially those who love fighters. The new Mk1 cockpit is really different (It looks more like a private jet cockpit IMHO,) and it doesn't seem to be a good replacement. Maybe keep both as parts?

I like the look of the new one, but I really see no reason they can't keep both and please everybody.

I like the new one, and while I understand that some people want the old one back, I think having two identical cockpits (stat-wise) is redundant. They already redesigned the inline one, and I think they just would do the same with this one.

The new Mk1 Cockpit, while admittedly looking good, is a total and large change from a fighter jet theme to a private jet-like theme. I also think both should be kept, they seem admittedly really different, like apples and oranges.

The new style isn't even the same as the old one. The old MK1 was a fighter style cockpit this new one looks more like a Lear jet cabin. So that leaves only one cockpit for every fighter design in the game? That doesn't sit well with me. Also the new cockpit looks like it should hold more than one Kerbal. I think they should keep them both.

JR

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.