(1.0.4 Compatible) SSP: Space Shuttle Program (On Hold for Internal Reorganization)

Sampa

Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
    • What's CSS?

Awesome Thank you!!! This is gonna be great.

Alright first order of business. Its trivial but just get it out of the way. The last iteration of the CSS during the ascent there was a noticeable click or pop coming from the SSMEs. This comes from an improper sound loop. This loop is cleaned up and it removes the clicking noise every 7 seconds. Also I can do more than sound. All my mod testing qualification are on my application. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivakpuwbgtaeism/sound_ssmeloop.wav?dl=0

Edited by sp1989

Internal conflicts.
Remind me, why was the old thread shut down? It seemed to be going fairly good.

Ultimately the project got too big for one man to handle alone. It was a joint decision to reform as a team to better load balance issues and work towards bringing this mod to full release. With just mike doing nearly everything the project would have taken too long to ever actually get done and it was a bit stressful. After the efforts of today im extremely confident in our expanded team and plans to get the SSP (formerly CSS) project to full release.

So what does this change mean for everyone? It means updates will roll out more polished and with either more content or more refined content without going through the 1 step forward 2 steps back issues that did tend to happen. Also news and information will flow a little more smoothly, the blog is going to be updated often and when we release WIP pictures we want to make sure it is of things that are near release so nobody gets their hopes up.

Nobody is upset and everyone is working together which will only bring us positive results.

Ultimately the project got too big for one man to handle alone. It was a joint decision to reform as a team to better load balance issues and work towards bringing this mod to full release. With just mike doing nearly everything the project would have taken too long to ever actually get done and it was a bit stressful. After the efforts of today im extremely confident in our expanded team and plans to get the SSP (formerly CSS) project to full release.

So what does this change mean for everyone? It means updates will roll out more polished and with either more content or more refined content without going through the 1 step forward 2 steps back issues that did tend to happen. Also news and information will flow a little more smoothly, the blog is going to be updated often and when we release WIP pictures we want to make sure it is of things that are near release so nobody gets their hopes up.

Nobody is upset and everyone is working together which will only bring us positive results.

Thank daedaelus. I couldn't have said it better myself! Just make sure,mike actually sends xannari the rss/ro/far config files so she can get to work on them, please.

Whats going to happen to the ISS pack? Also it might be nice to have new shiny textures with 64 bit on the horizon. Everything else seems very good and I cant find anything thats broken apart from the RCS. I think this will be a good long term decision instead of making two shuttles.

Edited by montyben101

Whats going to happen to the ISS pack? Also it might be nice to have new shiny textures with 64 bit on the horizon. Everything else seems very good and I cant find anything thats broken apart from the RCS. I think this will be a good long term decision instead of making two shuttles.

For the moment, we are focusing on the shuttle itself as it has a lot of unfinished details, compatibility issues, and other issues reported by people in the previous thread.

I'm willing to help in any way possible. I already filled out the application, but the format of the app made it a bit difficult to convey things as clearly as I would like. I have experience with blender, but I am not very good with it. I am far more proficient with DS Solidworks (yes, that can be imported into Unity... Once I learn unity that is...). I have played around with cfg files in the past, and am familiar with the basics. I feel the things I would be able to bring to this team would be testing, and possibly some bug-fixes if they pertain to problems in the cfg. I'm also obsessed with the space program, so I can probably help with figuring out the details as far as techincal and historical accuracy. I apologize now if my obsession for accuracy gets annoying... Actually, let me rephrase that... When it gets annoying... I know it will.

I hope I can be a help.

I'm willing to help in any way possible. I already filled out the application, but the format of the app made it a bit difficult to convey things as clearly as I would like. I have experience with blender, but I am not very good with it. I am far more proficient with DS Solidworks (yes, that can be imported into Unity... Once I learn unity that is...). I have played around with cfg files in the past, and am familiar with the basics. I feel the things I would be able to bring to this team would be testing, and possibly some bug-fixes if they pertain to problems in the cfg. I'm also obsessed with the space program, so I can probably help with figuring out the details as far as techincal and historical accuracy. I apologize now if my obsession for accuracy gets annoying... Actually, let me rephrase that... When it gets annoying... I know it will.

I hope I can be a help.

We have received a lot of applications and they will be reviewed. If we really need anything beyond that of the form we will shoot over a PM. There are A LOT of applications to go over so bare with us it will get done :) .

We have received a lot of applications and they will be reviewed. If we really need anything beyond that of the form we will shoot over a PM. There are A LOT of applications to go over so bare with us it will get done :) .

Great to hear that a lot people are interesting in helping to keep this running.

Alright gents here is where we need the community in helping us add to this project. We need pictures of the various different SRB paint jobs over the years and the various shuttle paint jobs over the years. If you can find pictures that will be easier for us to turn into textures great if not pictures along will give us a general idea. As im sure you all know the SRB's had many paint jobs after refurbishment so we are trying to adapt those as interchangeable textures.