[1.4] SpaceY Expanded, v1.5 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

• 4 months later...

Seems happy enough in 1.8.1, for that matter, though I should note I have not done any in-depth compatibility testing.

Regarding which, I assume from the fact that CKAN isn't mentioned in the OP that someone other than NecroBones might have put the SpaceY mods on there - does anyone happen to know who maintains/maintained the package on CKAN?

On 1/14/2020 at 5:33 PM, countertony said:

Seems happy enough in 1.8.1, for that matter, though I should note I have not done any in-depth compatibility testing.

Regarding which, I assume from the fact that CKAN isn't mentioned in the OP that someone other than NecroBones might have put the SpaceY mods on there - does anyone happen to know who maintains/maintained the package on CKAN?

There is an issue with the Verniors, I have a patch which fixes it.  Other than that, I haven't seen any issues with the mod in 1.7.3 or 1.8

See this post for the patch:

@NecroBones hasn't been on the forum for a year and a half.  If someone wishes to adopt this, I don't think there would be any problem, and no, I don't want to because I have a lot on my plate. 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone! Sorry for my extremely long absence. I've moved on to a variety of other things, and as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not maintaining these mods anymore. Zer0Kerbal has requested taking over maintenance of my mods, and so I've added him to the list of authors on Spacedock and Curseforge, so that these can continue to be updated to work on current versions of KSP. Thank you everyone for all of the love and support over the years. All of this has changed my life in ways I can't begin to describe, and has been some of the best online experience I've had to date. So I'm quite glad that others are willing to pick up the mantle and allow these mods to continue to be used.

Thanks everyone!

@DasSkelett@HebaruSan

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/14/2021 at 8:01 AM, NecroBones said:

Hello everyone! Sorry for my extremely long absence. I've moved on to a variety of other things, and as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not maintaining these mods anymore. Zer0Kerbal has requested taking over maintenance of my mods, and so I've added him to the list of authors on Spacedock and Curseforge, so that these can continue to be updated to work on current versions of KSP. Thank you everyone for all of the love and support over the years. All of this has changed my life in ways I can't begin to describe, and has been some of the best online experience I've had to date. So I'm quite glad that others are willing to pick up the mantle and allow these mods to continue to be used.

Thanks everyone!

@DasSkelett@HebaruSan

Thank you!

https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/SpaceYExpanded/issues/62

On 1/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@NecroBones hasn't been on the forum for a year and a half.  If someone wishes to adopt this, I don't think there would be any problem, and no, I don't want to because I have a lot on my plate. 

On 1/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

There is an issue with the Verniors, I have a patch which fixes it. 

any other patches I should be aware of - so they can be applied / included in the 1.4.99.0-adoption release?

On 9/5/2020 at 6:07 AM, Nicias said:

Does anyone know of a way (MM patch I assume) to add interstage nodes to the fairings from this mod?

@Niciasit can be done - kindly put in a request here

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

6 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:
On 1/16/2020 at 11:31 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

There is an issue with the Verniors, I have a patch which fixes it. 

any other patches I should be aware of - so they can be applied / included in the 1.4.99.0-adoption release?

Yes, one more.

First, here is the Vernier patch (just in case you don't have it):

Spoiler
@PART[SYvernier1]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleRCS] {}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRCSFX
		stagingEnabled = False
		thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
		thrusterPower = 100
		resourceName = LiquidFuel
		resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		runningEffectName = running
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			ratio = 0.9
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = Oxidizer
			ratio = 1.1
		}
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 260
			key = 1 180
			key = 9 0.001
		}
	}

EFFECTS
	{
		running
		{
			AUDIO_MULTI_POOL
			{
				channel = Ship
				transformName = RCSthruster
				clip = sound_rocket_mini
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 0.1 0.0
				volume = 0.5 0.025
				volume = 1.0 0.15
				pitch = 0.0 0.75
				pitch = 1.0 1.0
				loop = true
			}
			MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
			{
				modelName = Squad/FX/Monoprop_small
				transformName = RCSthruster
				emission = 0.0 0.0
				emission = 0.1 0.0
				emission = 1.0 2.0
				speed = 0.0 0.8
				speed = 1.0 1.0
				localRotation = -90, 0, 0
			}
		}		
	}

}

Second, this is a patch that I use to adjust the maxthrust on three of the engines.  Been a while since I made them, but I believe it was because they were underpowered:

Spoiler
//1750 * 4

//  SpaceY P1 "Penguin" Vacuum Engine
@PART[SYengine3mP1]:NEEDS[!CryoEngines]:AFTER[SpaceY-Expanded]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@maxThrust = 1750
	}
}

//    SpaceY P2 "Dual-Penguin" Vacuum Engine
@PART[SYengine5mP2]:NEEDS[!CryoEngines]:AFTER[SpaceY-Expanded]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@maxThrust = 3500
	}
}

// SpaceY P4 "Quad-Penguin" Vacuum Engine
@PART[SYengine7mP4]:NEEDS[!CryoEngines]:AFTER[SpaceY-Expanded]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@maxThrust = 7000
	}
}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Second, this is a patch that I use to adjust the maxthrust on three of the engines.  Been a while since I made them, but I believe it was because they were underpowered:

Are those the Penguin vacuum engines? I remember finally unlocking them and eagerly trying to design all sorts of new ideas with the awesome-looking upper-stage engines, only to realize they barely had the thrust to move themselves, never mind themselves and a fuel tank.

9 minutes ago, Codraroll said:

Are those the Penguin vacuum engines? I remember finally unlocking them and eagerly trying to design all sorts of new ideas with the awesome-looking upper-stage engines, only to realize they barely had the thrust to move themselves, never mind themselves and a fuel tank.

Yes, the engines which that patch changes are:

• SYengine3mP1      SpaceY P1 "Penguin" Vacuum Engine
  • SYengine5mP2      SpaceY P2 "Dual-Penguin" Vacuum Engine
  • SYengine7mP4      SpaceY P4 "Quad-Penguin" Vacuum Engine

I've updated the patch with comments naming the engines

Edited by linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

thank you @linuxgurugamer

+1 :rep:

https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/SpaceYExpanded/issues/72

@NecroBonesthis thread can be locked now with all further discussion in the new thread located here:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.