Do something nobody has done before

Yup. That's the challenge!

It can be anything, as long as you're the first person to do it in this current version of KSP.

If you want, i'll make a badge for it too :)

Here's my entry: I'm the first to make a spacefaring kraken drive in 1.0

rtGbyWw.png

So go crazy and have fun!

VICTORS:

• 2 months later...

Oh, I may have one! I've never seen a picture of this anywhere on here or on the steam forum.

My entry: Have Val climb on to of, and plant a flag into, the fallen out eyeball of the Dead Kraken on Bop!!!

Ewwwwwwww......... heeheeheehee

7KwdcUt.png

OHlIsV0.png

FWNbZsa.png

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, KerbalCorgi said:

Sorry, I don't have pictures, but I saw a solar eclipse over KSC. Does that count?

Probably not, as a solar eclipse occurs over the KSC every 6 or 7 days due to the Mun having 0 degrees inclination and KSC being on the equator and Kerbin having 0 degrees axial tilt.

Pick four KSP bodies at random, visit them in that order. There are over 30 thousand possibilities. Chances are nobody has ever done that mission profile before. Of course chances are it's also something like Vall - Gilly - Moho - Eve, a mission profile that's just a bit odd to do.

46 minutes ago, Triop said:

Ok, I've been to your link, you are right, we left you hanging (not me of course)...^_^

Maybe it was the title ?

Yeah that's most likely why...

Maybe these two threads should merge!

There, I've done it!

Something that takes a genius crossbred with a moron to figure out, so fiendishly clever that no-one could possibly ever think of it.

Post redacted by the secrecy police.Nothing here to see. These are NOT the droids you are looking for. Move along!

What? Post it here? Are you nuts?

If I post it here, then *everyone* will be doing it, and it will be nothing special any more.

This secret is mine, and mine alone! Muhahahahahaha!!

On 12/30/2015 at 5:43 PM, Grenartia said:

Does a completely stock (aside from MechJeb) Mach 5 capable plane count?

Probably not. I seem to remember putting some rapiers on a dart and reaching those speeds.

How about my 600t, 100% stock, completely recoverable "FalKOR" booster landing within 5km of the launch pad with ZERO navigational aides, no parachutes, no wings, no targeting and not even so much as a visual reference from the terrain because it was at NIGHT! Would that count? I've seen some comparably sized recoverable boosters, but so far every one I've found either relies on modded parts, navigation mods, parachutes, outright hacks or a combination thereof to land safely, not to mention that whole dead reckoning in complete darkness situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk_Ut1AHYBY

She landed with 185 out of 44,100 units of liquid fuel left (.42%) after successfully boosting the "Atreyu" Orbital Transfer Vehicle and payload (combined 100t with fuel) to a confidently generous target profile. It did take 4 attempts, which all loaded back to the same quicksave so there was no refinement of the flight profile from that point over subsequent attempts aside from the relative frame of reference between each attempt along with my own completely unscientific and mathless judgement. I'm actually pretty sure I mostly got lucky with brute trial and error to get back as close as I did, but considering the circumstances I'll consider it a solid win, if perhaps slightly less than perfect.

If you're interested I'll be posting more about this booster and many other crafts soon. On a perhaps philosophical note, I personally believe that there will always be room in KSP to figure out something that someone else hasn't done before, and not just in a subtle, nitpicky way either. There is still so much opportunity to innovate in fun and unexpected ways; You could say in a way that this challenge really represents a more fundamental aspect of the game itself which reliably affords a nearly infinite possibility of unique solutions, even when the goals and obstacles remain equal. Doing something that someone else hasn't done, or even just doing something in a new way is the whole reason we all participate in forums and is quite rightly the natural compulsion of any self respecting gamer.

CHEERS!  >========>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OnGs7L6Wx8

As far as I am aware, this is the first single stage Tylo mission without stopping to refuel.  I mined on Tylo to refuel for the trip back home to Kerbin, and thoroughly doubt that a round trip without ISRU on Tylo's surface is possible on a single stage.  Barring physics glitches.  If anyone else has done this, or would like to attempt it, let me know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.