Do something nobody has done before

After having the main fuselage section of my bomber blown off by ground fire, causing Rapid Unplanned Dissassembly, I successfully landed my Mk 1 cockpit within 500 meters of the gun emplacement that destroyed it, gliding with only the two canards attached to the cockpit. Only one broke off on landing. 

So. Not Sure. IF its been done..didn't see this in the Forums. 

I been to the Mun, Minmus, Duna and Eve.

However, 

I May be the first to circumnavigate Kerbin in a Bi-plane.

This is Valentina the First Female Kerbin to Circle the Globe in a open air cockpit...

4 days 2 hours and 12 minutes Kerbin time. About a week on and Off real time .

At one time i was all about getting around kerbin in under 40 minutes..

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/114019-kerbin-circumnavigation-104105-aviator-challenge-continuation/&page=21#comment-2141782

This time it was a slow ride..took it easy. :)

which is really more my style 

FAF8F0313755050BAD13B4183F41EC5583F73407 331CE084836F099A2240189C4947EB6FBAB9A858

Anyways Lemme know..And if you think its a first, I would dig a button

GKz out

Peace

Also..Edit here....Thanks to the excellent Firespitter mod! 

Edited by GraviTykillz

On 6/6/2016 at 7:38 AM, Spaceception said:

Does exploring most of the Kerbol system in less than 100 hours of getting the game count?

Sweet. Wanna keep going faster? Speed run!
Through considerable effort, I'm the first person to put a flag everywhere and return in a single 8hr sitting of KSP. It was nerve-wracking, but also intense and rewarding. If it sounds like fun, join up! Link

Edit: I just noticed you've made 1500 posts in (I have to assume) 2 months? Now that's gotta be a first. Rock on!

Edited by Cunjo Carl
that's a lotta posts.

8 hours ago, Cunjo Carl said:

Sweet. Wanna keep going faster? Speed run!
Through considerable effort, I'm the first person to put a flag everywhere and return in a single 8hr sitting of KSP. It was nerve-wracking, but also intense and rewarding. If it sounds like fun, join up! Link

Edit: I just noticed you've made 1500 posts in (I have to assume) 2 months? Now that's gotta be a first. Rock on!

Almost 8 actually, I joined in October.

Well, I made my biggest mk3 cargo shuttle so far. It uses four vectors on the orbit and 2 in each liquid fuel boosters. The two SRB's are to give it a kick early on needed to reach orbital velocity with heavy payloads. I believe it's the first shuttle to launch a reusable Duna/Eve/Jool Service Module into LKO. It is named Yield - No way, after a Pearl Jam Album and Song.  Imgur Album 

9 minutes ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

That's actually pretty interesting! How does it work though? Do you have a video of it in action?

I don't have a video, but I can describe it:

Each piece is attached to its adjacent pieces by docking ports. A face can be rotated by undocking its connections to the rest of the cube and rotating with SAS on a dry bearing under the center piece. I made a thread in the Spacecraft Exchange regarding it, that is the place to discuss it further and you can download the craft to play around with it yourself!

Ooh; I have an idea for this.
The basic principle I've seen around the forums before, but AFAIK nobody's ever actually used it for anything - mostly because it's incredibly inefficient, but hey; this is KSP!

• 1 month later...

Ok I have just done 10 tylo landings in a row without refueling and returning to Kerbin in 1 launch for the first time ever. When the video finishes uploading and all that I will post it in the thread. :D 

On 7/21/2016 at 1:36 PM, totalitor said:

I tried to make a bridge to island. Part count is killing me.

You are brave for attempting this. If the part count is malicious, might I suggest tweak scale?

6 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

Ok I have done it. I am the first person to land on Tylo 10 times and return without refueling or mining in KSP with only 1 launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_u2tD4YigQ&feature=youtu.be

Neat landers! Impressive stick-to-it-ness. At first I didn't notice that each landing was with a different Kerbal. Also, nice use of landing legs at 9:27! Creative crashing is a fine art.

I'm looking forward to your video on small landers for each planet.

On 7/22/2016 at 8:40 PM, Cunjo Carl said:

Neat landers! Impressive stick-to-it-ness. At first I didn't notice that each landing was with a different Kerbal. Also, nice use of landing legs at 9:27! Creative crashing is a fine art.

I was testing new landers and have some pretty small one for the Jool moons, the issue is while testing my 5 ton Laythe lander the Kraken struck. Once I entered the atmosphere instead of slowing down I sped up to Laythe escape velocity and possibly a Jool escape trajectory. I also managed to get Jeb to spaghetti-fi and accelerate away from Tylo and Jool at almost 20 kilometers per second. But I'm getting there.

20 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

I was testing new landers and have some pretty small one for the Jool moons, the issue is while testing my 5 ton Laythe lander the Kraken struck. Once I entered the atmosphere instead of slowing down I sped up to Laythe escape velocity and possibly a Jool escape trajectory. I also managed to get Jeb to spaghetti-fi and accelerate away from Tylo and Jool at almost 20 kilometers per second. But I'm getting there.

... That sounds awesome! Any chance you have an appropriate save I can play with to see if I can replicate it?

On 10/01/2016 at 7:41 AM, EvermoreAlpaca said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OnGs7L6Wx8

As far as I am aware, this is the first single stage Tylo mission without stopping to refuel.  I mined on Tylo to refuel for the trip back home to Kerbin, and thoroughly doubt that a round trip without ISRU on Tylo's surface is possible on a single stage.  Barring physics glitches.  If anyone else has done this, or would like to attempt it, let me know.

Not one stage per se, but similar mission:

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/22/2016 at 8:40 PM, Cunjo Carl said:

I have made landers for the video. Long story short the Kraken didn't like my tylo lander after it shot Jeb out of it on an escape trajectory.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.