War Thunder - Screenshots and Discussion thread!

Columbia

Hello!

I noticed there were particularly a lot of KSP players who played War Thunder, a free-to-play warfare game based on military aircraft and tanks.

I decided to make a common thread. If you have any precious screenshots taken at good timings, or if you'd like to squad up with others and such, post it here!

I'll share some of my best moments:

I was playing with a friend of mine who was trying to land a PBY Catalina, and I decided to ram him.

It was worth it.

1dDjZnT.jpg

Another friend of mine, being chased by a fighter. I loomed up so close.

vARe7oW.jpg

I was also battling with noname117, and there was a chase between two teams. It was chaotic.. Note the swarming enemies.

VnOOhuZ.jpg

Columbia. When do you get on? I might want to join you. (Though, i usually hang out with tanks...but...i had a good day in planes before.)

Weekends. I live somewhere in Southeast Asia.. (That.. country.. right below.. Taiwan.. You know..)

Ok, going to try and get xan on this eventually so she can have a break from world of warships.

Yes! Please do :)

what are these 'Friends' you speak of?

School friends. They introduced me to it, actually.

Could I possibly play with you and some friends? I have most tiers, and am adventurous enough to dip into realistic if you want.

Sure, why not? Maybe not right now though, my week literally just started.. And I have little time on my hands.

most tiers? Oh goodness! I have barely dipped my foot in the water!
I have no school tomorrow! internet and mother depending, I might get on!

Lucky you if you do get your hands on a PC. :P

Tomorrow I might want to play some War Thunder for a bit if anyone else wants too as well.

Damn, I'm not available.. ;-;

Oh god, the British Victory theme is glorious. I swear, I was nearly in tears hearing it in Youtube, after wondering what that epic soundtrack in the background was named. :)

question, how do you take screenshots ingame and where do you find them after taking them?

In WT, the screenshot button is the Print Screen button. (PrtScr) It should be in the Screenshots folder in your War Thunder directory.

also, love playing tanks and i can do pretty good with tier 2 sherman tanks, provided the teams are pretty even and i dont get anihhilated right away :P

I'm terrible at tanks :P Still haven't got past the first few German ones.

In WT, the screenshot button is the Print Screen button. (PrtScr) It should be in the Screenshots folder in your War Thunder directory.

I'm terrible at tanks :P Still haven't got past the first few German ones.

ah, okay. Thanks! :)

i tried the german tanks too but the way they shot ten small shells instead of one large one made it hard to do damage to anyone.

Just to say......anyone who likes War Thunder needs to check out 'Aces High' (www.hitechcreations.com) as well. It's not as pretty as War Thunder, or at least not yet (there's a major update in open beta now) but it is a LOT more realistic. In fact I'm going to say that War Thunder is an arcade game while Aces High is a simulator.

96 different aircraft modelled, 23 different vehicles, destroyers, cruisers, carriers and even a PT boat. Game worlds are around 512 miles x 512 miles with arena capacities in the hundreds and the game can handle massive furballs of dozens of planes without anything silly like a 32 plane visible limit like you see in some other games. There's a dedicated events team that create and host numerous historical and non-historical events. There was once an event held with the USAAF academy class of 2004 being the Luftwaffe and 300 of us civilian Aces High pilots playing the Allies. You can even do little things like form a squadron and upload your own nose art which will be shown on every squadron members aircraft in flight.

Oh and unlike lots of other games you don't have to pay extra to access the more advanced craft.

Just to say......anyone who likes War Thunder needs to check out 'Aces High' (www.hitechcreations.com) as well. It's not as pretty as War Thunder, or at least not yet (there's a major update in open beta now) but it is a LOT more realistic. In fact I'm going to say that War Thunder is an arcade game while Aces High is a simulator.

96 different aircraft modelled, 23 different vehicles, destroyers, cruisers, carriers and even a PT boat. Game worlds are around 512 miles x 512 miles with arena capacities in the hundreds and the game can handle massive furballs of dozens of planes without anything silly like a 32 plane visible limit like you see in some other games. There's a dedicated events team that create and host numerous historical and non-historical events. There was once an event held with the USAAF academy class of 2004 being the Luftwaffe and 300 of us civilian Aces High pilots playing the Allies. You can even do little things like form a squadron and upload your own nose art which will be shown on every squadron members aircraft in flight.

Oh and unlike lots of other games you don't have to pay extra to access the more advanced craft.

Just checked it out. It retained my interest until I realized it was subscription based. Likely not going to touch it until it doesn't cost 15 bucks a month for multiplayer. I can stand one time payments, but not monthly subscriptions.

I hear ya. I'm not a fan of monthly subscriptions either.....which is why I used to pay yearly ;-). I say used to cos now I'm part of the event teams and, as such, receive a comped account in return for some of my time running events.

I'm guessing you've never made use of the War Thunder premium accounts? (which seem exorbitantly priced btw)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I forgot to mention......Aces High is free to download and you get 2 whole weeks to try it out with no restrictions whatsoever, including online multiplayer and all the events, before you'd need to subscribe. They don't even ask for a credit card number until it's time to subscribe or give it up.

Was engaging a single Peashooter with a P-40. Easy.

But then suddenly 5 enemy planes come swooping down out of nowhere and shot me down.

Oh come on.

I feel you. I hate it when planes just start scrambling around me trying to shoot me down.. or in most cases, it was as if their guns were so OP that one shot could shred a Wellington into bits.

I hear ya. I'm not a fan of monthly subscriptions either.....which is why I used to pay yearly ;-). I say used to cos now I'm part of the event teams and, as such, receive a comped account in return for some of my time running events.

I'm guessing you've never made use of the War Thunder premium accounts? (which seem exorbitantly priced btw)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I forgot to mention......Aces High is free to download and you get 2 whole weeks to try it out with no restrictions whatsoever, including online multiplayer and all the events, before you'd need to subscribe. They don't even ask for a credit card number until it's time to subscribe or give it up.

Mmmm.. I'll take a look.

- - - Updated - - -

I had some premium time on War Thunder for a little while; had bought most of it with some premium aircraft packages. I've stopped using it now. I know it is 2 weeks free, but I know I'd want to keep playing after said 2 weeks, and that subscription cost seems quite high.

Was engaging a single Peashooter with a P-40. Easy.

But then suddenly 5 enemy planes come swooping down out of nowhere and shot me down.

Oh come on.

Hey man, I'm majorjim there too. You should lower the settings ingame. You get a huge advantage over those at full graphics settings. I got my ass kicked until I did this.

Hey man, I'm majorjim there too. You should lower the settings ingame. You get a huge advantage over those at full graphics settings. I got my ass kicked until I did this.

Turning down the settings just feels cheaty, and besides I like the game looking very pretty. I can still do pretty well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.