War Thunder - Screenshots and Discussion thread!

Columbia

On 04/09/2016 at 6:10 PM, Randox said:

I like realistic a lot more than arcade, but I've never played it enough to get very good at it. I've shot people down, and I've been shot down many more times

This is pretty much what I felt when I started playing RB (I'm still not 100% used to it yet). But it takes time and effort to make an RB ace, and I'm definitely willing to put the time in.

Anyway here are a few screen shots I have recently took.

oAaD1zb.jpg 

bKHclBs.jpg

YQpsvyC.jpg

:D

On 9/6/2016 at 1:53 AM, V7 Aerospace said:

This is pretty much what I felt when I started playing RB (I'm still not 100% used to it yet). But it takes time and effort to make an RB ace, and I'm definitely willing to put the time in.

Anyway here are a few screen shots I have recently took.

oAaD1zb.jpg 

bKHclBs.jpg

YQpsvyC.jpg

:D

That.. that is cool.

Wish I had the kind of computer that could take those graphics.

• 4 weeks later...

For GF there are now new Anti-aircraft guns capable of killing jets much easier, so no more high tier games being pestered by jet spam. The damage display window now shows a live image of internal modules, rather than a snapshot of when a single projectile has hit, which is brilliant for SPAAs forced to engage ground targets. Graphics for tracers and flames/explosions are much nicer.

Loading times have been reduced when entering a match. And there are plenty of new premium and standard vehicles added.

Like these :)

flak37_4c939e1739dfc3bf1881338e9fd68c31.

A TD FlaK 88mm

shot%202016_5ecf682f1b17fd2fec25faa863fb

The new largest plane in the game, the BV 238 (six engines!)

There are plenty more too.

• 1 month later...

Not if I have anything to say about it! Here's some pics I like from my War Thunder moments!

Spoiler

M10 with a custom skin I made:

ECrQ3XE.jpg

Big shot tank in Normandy:

FAS5228.jpg

B-17 in Normandy:

hVPQEWC.jpg

Final flight (into hell):

T4Wu5ti.jpg

Orange:

1WcvFdP.jpg

Trusty PBY-5:

9AoQWZq.jpg

Triple kill:

QJm0WFd.jpg

There's a plane in the image:

sGmODrM.jpg

Good to see you here Pine!

I've got a few new screenshots too:

Typhoon's visit to the Kremlin in Moscow

Spoiler

RadupEG.jpg

A large gathering in the desert with my favourite Tetrarch

Spoiler

j1Iv6z2.jpg

aWQtOOu.jpg

A visit that included a rare He-51 float plane :D

An arcade battle I was particularly happy with

Spoiler

2zVXlKI.jpg

The top guy on the other team did better than me, but his name was "TheWalletWarrior" and died nine times...

• 4 months later...

I used to enjoy this game a bit, but then I saw Gajin.net agent. in my system tray.  All the time, even when the game isn't playing.  Read up on it.  You can disable it, but you cannot uninstall it.  It apparently installs itself time and time again.

Do you guys just ignore this kind of shady practice and enjoy the game for what its worth?  I've uninstalled the game, and the agent will run at all times.  Had to disable it from Windows startup, but again, you cannot uninstall this thing.

4 hours ago, klesh said:

I used to enjoy this game a bit, but then I saw Gajin.net agent. in my system tray.  All the time, even when the game isn't playing.  Read up on it.  You can disable it, but you cannot uninstall it.  It apparently installs itself time and time again.

Do you guys just ignore this kind of shady practice and enjoy the game for what its worth?  I've uninstalled the game, and the agent will run at all times.  Had to disable it from Windows startup, but again, you cannot uninstall this thing.

I've seen quite a few people on the WT forums say similar things. In fact, I can remember seeing @Wildcat111 on the WT forums too...

Back on topic, I wouldn't say "Shady", Gaijin are a company who are very concerned about account safety, and keeping their games clean.

I think I saw someone who found the Gaijin.net agent files and just deleted them instead of uninstalling it.

Although if you haven't already, it's probably worth giving WT another try as quite a lot has changed, and the game is very good. Actually, I play War Thunder much more than KSP nowadays... in fact, I have almost exclusively played WT since late last year, racking up 800 hrs since the end of summer. Maybe that's a little unhealthy :confused:

Edited by V7 Aerospace
Stuff

10 minutes ago, V7 Aerospace said:

I think I saw someone who found the Gaijin.net agent files and just deleted them instead of uninstalling it.

Thats the thing of it, its not actually installed in your program files, only deep in the registry.  If you just delete the files off your machine, it puts them back on without asking.  I'm not sure I found anyone who was able to actually remove it, more just blocking permissions on it in a few places, blocking it from your startup apps.   All the discussions I have seen about it online end up being locked as it ends up as an argument as to whether it consitutes malware.  Yikes.   It was enough for me to thank WT for its time, but I dont want games putting sneaky stuff on my machine.  

I only uninstalled the game a few weeks ago because of this, so I'm not likely to return anytime soon.  I did enjoy playing it.  Had a few nice runs.  

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314686191

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317613921

56 minutes ago, klesh said:

Thats the thing of it, its not actually installed in your program files, only deep in the registry.  If you just delete the files off your machine, it puts them back on without asking.  I'm not sure I found anyone who was able to actually remove it, more just blocking permissions on it in a few places, blocking it from your startup apps.   All the discussions I have seen about it online end up being locked as it ends up as an argument as to whether it consitutes malware.  Yikes.   It was enough for me to thank WT for its time, but I dont want games putting sneaky stuff on my machine.  

I only uninstalled the game a few weeks ago because of this, so I'm not likely to return anytime soon.  I did enjoy playing it.  Had a few nice runs.  

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314686191

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317613921

In which case, I'll try and ask people over at the forums to bring this to Gaijins attention, maybe we can get a fix fairly soon.

I could very well be wearing several layers of tin foil on my head.  I don't know.   

I'd be curious as to what they say.  Presumably the entire WT community knows about it and it doesn't bother them, or its been shows to not be a big deal.  It implemented in 2015 it looks like, so whatever uproar there may've been has long since died down.

There are threads like this:

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/348695-proper-way-to-remove-netagent-gjagentexe-after-removing-all-of-your-games/

But its that type that you find locked because people got snippy.  Eventually it came down to "You gave us permission to install this with the EULA."

Edit:

Also, this:  https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/articles/115001876905-Gaijin-Agent

Edited by klesh

11 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Time to shamelessly plug in my Live account at http://live.warthunder.com/user/KKTrain_Springer/but like I'm gonna do that, HA!

It seems all I currently are result screens in which I got 1st in my Ju 88s (which are now my favorite planes in the whole game).

If you like the Ju 88s, I bet you love the C model with guns stuck everywhere.

Oh, I completely forgot about WT .Live ... I need to start using it way more.

Edited by V7 Aerospace

On 2016-09-05 at 11:53 AM, V7 Aerospace said:

bKHclBs.jpg

OH NO!!!! A SWORDFISH!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!

Anyways, I was thinking of a clan consisting of us KSP people that play War Thunder. Then, we can play together as one!

P.S: I suck at RB. The only time I play RB is when I'm a bomber. I remember a few days before when I had Tier 3 fighters but I had a Tier 1 Blenheim. It took, like, days before I unlocked the Wellington, during which I saved a LOT of research boosters.

7 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

Yup, that's me!

Also, @V7 Aerospace, what is your account name on the WT forums?

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/profile/637900-alexmcguiness/

I always wanted to change my username, but now all of the people I know on WT know me as Alex. The name's starting to grow on me anyways!

@Wildcat111, I can't find your profile again, can you post it here?

20 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/profile/637900-alexmcguiness/

I always wanted to change my username, but now all of the people I know on WT know me as Alex. The name's starting to grow on me anyways!

@Wildcat111, I can't find your profile again, can you post it here?

Followed you on the WT Forum.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/profile/639195-wildcat111/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.