War Thunder - Screenshots and Discussion thread!

Columbia

15 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Oh, them Hurrikillers. Instead of using my highest tier aircraft preset, I'm using some oldies like the Hurricane Mk.IV and Spitfire Mk.Ia to catch up on my bombers, naval strike fighters and fighter bombers, I haven't researched them sine the early days. The Beaufort's a beast. Ripped a Pe-3 to shreds in 5 seconds on Saturday.

Hey guys, would you guys want to create a Squadron of all of us? I only have 1 Golden Eagle left, so this will have to be a Training Squadron. Is that okay?

I'd eventually join, my squadron's dying pretty quickly but I have a higher position so I might stay there

2 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

Whoa.

FupbnY7.png

Those are your stats?

Also, until the start of my summer break, I'll only really be playing at weekends, so when my break starts, I'll be much more available.

Edited by V7 Aerospace

15 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Also, until the start of my summer break, I'll only really be playing at weekends, so when my break starts, I'll be much more available.

Me too, but during the break I'll be going on a vacation, so yeah.

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

Downloaded. Super fun. Although, not sure how much I like the mouse aim controls. What do you guys use?

I use mouse aim. For AB and RB, using a joystick puts you at a real disadvantage, but in SB, joysticks are King.

What mode are you playing? Mouse aim can take a bit of getting used to at first.

5 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

I use mouse aim. For AB and RB, using a joystick puts you at a real disadvantage, but in SB, joysticks are King.

What mode are you playing? Mouse aim can take a bit of getting used to at first.

Uhhhhh..... I don't understand the abbreviations.... sorry

I've been doing the Air Arcade Battles so far. I think I'm getting more used to it, and its a lot easier than manual flying, from KSP bdarmory experience.

Edited by qzgy

4 hours ago, qzgy said:

Uhhhhh..... I don't understand the abbreviations.... sorry

I've been doing the Air Arcade Battles so far. I think I'm getting more used to it, and its a lot easier than manual flying, from KSP bdarmory experience.

AB = Arcade Battles. RB = Realistic Battles. SB = Simulator Battles.

Air arcade is a good place to start. Also, after playing War Thunder and getting used to mouse aim, going back to KSP to fly planes makes you notice that keyboard keys aren't the best for controlling aircraft.

What nation is your favourite so far?

45 minutes ago, V7 Aerospace said:

AB = Arcade Battles. RB = Realistic Battles. SB = Simulator Battles.

Air arcade is a good place to start. Also, after playing War Thunder and getting used to mouse aim, going back to KSP to fly planes makes you notice that keyboard keys aren't the best for controlling aircraft.

What nation is your favourite so far?

Haven't tried them all, but Britain seems pretty decent. I like the german tanks though.

16 hours ago, qzgy said:

Haven't tried them all, but Britain seems pretty decent. I like the german tanks though.

The British airplanes are really good as you progress (eg: the Spitfire Mk.IIB [Tier 3] and the Bristol Beaufort [Tier 1]).

17 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

True.

On 6/9/2017 at 0:23 AM, qzgy said:

In my opinion, of course, the Germans have a few completely insane tanks for mid tier, All the Stug III's are strong, their lower profile helps them just snipe and have very little reputations as it only major weak spot can be hidden because of it's profile.

I'd suggest however that you try all low tier tanks for all nations, gives you a feel for the nations tanks, I was a German Tanker, however upon the "Samurai" Update, I became a Japanese Tanker as I just prefer the ridiculousness of a Type 5 cannon. I am also a tank destroyer type of guy, so the 150mm Ho-Ro also swayed the balance and I still use that in tier three! So it's just trial and error :) 

18 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

The British airplanes are really good as you progress (eg: the Spitfire Mk.IIB [Tier 3] and the Bristol Beaufort [Tier 1]).

He is 100% right, at tier three you have to answer to the Spitfire, and its a insane plane. However if anything moves faster than it it can be easy picked off as they'd just fly up to get a height advantage and just do a Run and Gun and get a kill. I would really think hard about aircraft, as in my opinion these are longer and more advanced battles, in a tank you just hide aim at the target and find a area that's green, fire, however planes, you've got the enemy trying to kill you, you've got to destroy the ground forces and sometimes a base too all whilst being shot at and you've also got to worry about the alt of your plane and the cannons of the plane, as for example the Japanese Ki-100, it's a fast plane but is made out of paper, it has insane 20mm cannons to make easy prey of most planes, but it's cannons are so unreliable and need to be shot in bursts to avoid jamming literally every-time you shoot for more than a second, so my way of choosing was to look at the Jets and see what I liked the sound of, again @qzgy all my opinion, just have fun and when I update, i'll play tanks as I hate planes. Ask nicely and I'll play planes :) 

I only play tanks for good reason, I'm actually able to do well xD - https://gyazo.com/683dac4aab1465322eb1c0e441d2169c

Edited by KenjiKrafts

I'm rubbish at tanks. Germans at low tiers are nasty to fight, good mobility, great guns, and armour that can cause problems for weaker guns (especially StuG armour).

And so, I usually find myself flying British planes, and I'm now researching the Meteor F. Mk 3

Oh, almost forgot! Naval development looks to be going great now, destroyers are apparently working well, and it looks as if Gaijin will continue to increase the sizes of vessels that we'll be getting! On top of this, World War mode is soon to start testing, so overall, some exciting months to come in WT!

Edited by V7 Aerospace

Played more, this time with the soviet tanks. Like them a lot. Small and easy to snipe with. My kind of style!

Edited by qzgy

2 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Played more, this time with the soviet tanks. Like them a lot. Small and easy to snipe with. My kind of style!

Soviets are popular, so you'll have lots of komrades :)

Edited by KenjiKrafts

7 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

No, unfortunately. My highest ranked Russian vehicle is the T-50.

T-50 is a very nice tank, sadly it's gun is a bit underwhelming, but it's armour is great. Poor Japanese tanks will have a hard time getting through it's armour. Also, once you fully upgrade it's engine, it's really fast too.

12 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

T-50 is a very nice tank, sadly it's gun is a bit underwhelming, but it's armour is great. Poor Japanese tanks will have a hard time getting through it's armour. Also, once you fully upgrade it's engine, it's really fast too.

I play jap and they suck so bad 50% of the time, the Ho-Ro is the only tank to fight the T-50 head on for the Japs :wink:

but then again, that is 150mm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.