War Thunder - Screenshots and Discussion thread!

Columbia

3 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

The Steam description of that game...

Its wonderful.

i don't play it often but yup yup totally crazy dev (in the good sense of the term) ^^ same spirit another background ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, another update I guess.

Anyone here from Italy? Because the Italian aircraft tree is being added. Alongside a buff to AP ammo and 12.7mm rounds, Smoke for hiding your tank, damage-cam for aircraft attacking tanks, new high-tier tanks, and a bunch of really cool new vehicles and planes too!

On 2017-05-03 at 4:45 AM, V7 Aerospace said:

World War Mode has been announced!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that this Earth is running Scatterer? It almost looks like a modded KSP screenshot!

Where do you access it?

Oh, yeah.. I does look like it's running Scatterer. Wait a minute... WAR THUNDER IS KSP IN SECRET!!!!!

On 2017-05-18 at 5:36 PM, V7 Aerospace said:

Well, another update I guess.

Anyone here from Italy? Because the Italian aircraft tree is being added. Alongside a buff to AP ammo and 12.7mm rounds, Smoke for hiding your tank, damage-cam for aircraft attacking tanks, new high-tier tanks, and a bunch of really cool new vehicles and planes too!

Just love the Cr.32 quater and the dive bomber that I ' know it's name.

Just got war thunder 2 or 3 days ago, and really enjoying it. Downloaded it expecting it to be an arcade style never-stop-shooting game with little flight mechanics, but was blown away by the similarities to Combat Flight Simulator 3, my second all time favourite game. (To KSP) Just playing it is a massive nostalgia trip for me, and I keep forgetting I'm playing a different game. For example, yesterday I was flying along near the top of a mountain, and noticed I ws going to fly into a tree on my present flight path. I didn't bother changing course, as in CFS 3 trees were brown and green rectangles with no colliders to save memory space, and moments later, my right wing was gone and I spun into a mountain, confused for much longer than I'm prepared to admit. 

I'm definitely going to keep playing, it's a really entertaining game!:D

Edited by MiffedStarfish

29 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Just got war thunder 2 or 3 days ago, and really enjoying it. Downloaded it expecting it to be an arcade style never-stop-shooting game with little flight mechanics, but was blown away by the similarities to Combat Flight Simulator 3, my second all time favourite game. (To KSP) Just playing it is a massive nostalgia trip for me, and I keep forgetting I'm playing a different game. For example, yesterday I was flying along near the top of a mountain, and noticed I ws going to fly into a tree on my present flight path. I didn't bother changing course, as in CFS 3 trees were brown and green rectangles with no colliders to save memory space, and moments later, my right wing was gone and I spun into a mountain, confused for much longer than I'm prepared to admit. 

I'm definitely going to keep playing, it's a really entertaining game!:D

Nice to see a new player. What nation are you playing right now?

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Bouncing between Italy and Britain, I'm trying to get the spitfire as I exclusively flew it in CFS 3, but really enjoying the monoplane with the tail gunner that I've completly forgotten the name of.

That would be the Ba.65

I myself haven't actually got a chance to play the Italians yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

So I've drifted away from both War Thunder and KSP, as well as their respective forums, and I recently came back to both

What do you guys think of the smoke screens and shells? They were fun to play during the April Fools event, though I've been trying to max out the loaders on tanks that have smoke shells so I can switch between smoke and regular ammo quickly.

So far I've just had it on the M4, I hope to get it on the T-34 1942

I stayed up till 7AM last night working on stuff and I tend to get drunk on a lack of sleep, resulting in this:

245F485E234BF06A749C0453CEE7A65A0C36D36F

8 hours ago, Some1 said:

So I've drifted away from both War Thunder and KSP, as well as their respective forums, and I recently came back to both

What do you guys think of the smoke screens and shells? They were fun to play during the April Fools event, though I've been trying to max out the loaders on tanks that have smoke shells so I can switch between smoke and regular ammo quickly.

So far I've just had it on the M4, I hope to get it on the T-34 1942

I stayed up till 7AM last night working on stuff and I tend to get drunk on a lack of sleep, resulting in this:

245F485E234BF06A749C0453CEE7A65A0C36D36F

I haven't had much time to play 1.69 (actually, WT is booting up as I write this), but I did manage to grind smoke grenades on the A13s, and I have to say, they're actually quite useful when you're repairing and you need cover.

At this point though, I think people are now beginning to expect more Italians. I've heard of Tier III games filled to the brim with the new G55.S, and as a result the allies are getting destroyed as they haven't had time to learn the weaknesses of the new Italian wonder...

3 hours ago, qzgy said:

Looks like fun. Recommend this game?

I'd recommend it, It's a blast. In the end, you have nothing to lose if you don't like it because it is free to play. I think it will suit most gamers needs with three modes: Arcade, Realistic and Simulator. Each getting more realistic as they go. So yeah, I'd say give it a try!

14 hours ago, qzgy said:

Looks like fun. Recommend this game?

I'd recommend it. As V7 said, it's F2P and overall a very good game. The only reasons why I haven't played as much is because exams

11 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

At this point though, I think people are now beginning to expect more Italians. I've heard of Tier III games filled to the brim with the new G55.S, and as a result the allies are getting destroyed as they haven't had time to learn the weaknesses of the new Italian wonder.

Yeah, I haven't faced one yet but they seem to be pretty good from what I've seen. Due to drifting away from it, I've been trying to do CBs to "reeducate" myself. Though they're usually horrid if the host is either absent or doesn't enforce rules, which is common. Though if I make one, nobody joins and I get bored and go play HOI4 or something.

The Ai's pretty incompetent so can't really fight them without being somewhat annoyed by their tactics and sitting in spawn half the game. Not to mention the capping

What we need, though, is a map without cap points for CBs

57 minutes ago, Some1 said:

I'd recommend it. As V7 said, it's F2P and overall a very good game. The only reasons why I haven't played as much is because exams

Yeah, I haven't faced one yet but they seem to be pretty good from what I've seen. Due to drifting away from it, I've been trying to do CBs to "reeducate" myself. Though they're usually horrid if the host is either absent or doesn't enforce rules, which is common. Though if I make one, nobody joins and I get bored and go play HOI4 or something.

The Ai's pretty incompetent so can't really fight them without being somewhat annoyed by their tactics and sitting in spawn half the game. Not to mention the capping

What we need, though, is a map without cap points for CBs

I spend quite a lot of in-game time in CBs, actually, I usually end up telling myself I've got better things to do with my WT time, like progressing with the Brits. There's a whole bunch of special CBs that don't have ticket runoff, and last for the full 6hrs. Although some of them are badly governed.

Best solution is to go on to WT.Live and wait for people to announce their own CBs opening, usually these WT.Live CBs are much better moderated, and have a password to stop any muppet getting in and bringing their MiG-17, all you need to do is ask for the password, and show up when their CB goes live.

6 minutes ago, V7 Aerospace said:

I spend quite a lot of in-game time in CBs, actually, I usually end up telling myself I've got better things to do with my WT time, like progressing with the Brits. There's a whole bunch of special CBs that don't have ticket runoff, and last for the full 6hrs. Although some of them are badly governed.

Best solution is to go on to WT.Live and wait for people to announce their own CBs opening, usually these WT.Live CBs are much better moderated, and have a password to stop any muppet getting in and bringing their MiG-17, all you need to do is ask for the password, and show up when their CB goes live.

The thing is, I don't use Live and don't really want to, but I got in one once, some guy decided to troll, and everyone got kicked.

Sometimes I just grab a friend from Steam and have them cover me. Usually we end up against Maus tanks or other high tier stuff, and inevitably get brutally slaughtered.

20 minutes ago, Some1 said:

The thing is, I don't use Live and don't really want to, but I got in one once, some guy decided to troll, and everyone got kicked.

Sometimes I just grab a friend from Steam and have them cover me. Usually we end up against Maus tanks or other high tier stuff, and inevitably get brutally slaughtered.

Fair enough.

Also, if I'm having fun in my Cromwell and some guy in is M103 decides to keep killing me without giving me a chance, he'll get a free delivery of 1000lb bombs from Tempest Postal Co.

3 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Fair enough.

Also, if I'm having fun in my Cromwell and some guy in is M103 decides to keep killing me without giving me a chance, he'll get a free delivery of 1000lb bombs from Tempest Postal Co.

I can't really do anything while playing as any nation other than the US, because in the other nations the bombers that I have:

Are tier 1

I can barely use effectively

Don't have bombs/rockets

The IL-2 is good, it's just that I can't figure out how to aim the rockets and guns without diving from space to avoid "that one building"

I now wonder why I didn't think that I was a noob when I first joined

You can also see why I put "self-proclaimed" for my description of myself.

Here's some screenshots:

Spoiler

547D8EC27722962F805286C8FFBFA0E04D28C351

85CF55302497EB9BA041D4F91CCCA7FF2F570662

6031A007125CFC5E446A470A037FAE160BDB4831

DC10390E5DC3890A8927F7A4F8A23C9B0877A577

Edited by Some1

9 hours ago, Some1 said:

I can't really do anything while playing as any nation other than the US, because in the other nations the bombers that I have:

Yeah, I bet you've got the ground strike capability of the P-47 worked out. That thing's a monster.

With the Brits, if you unlock the 2.0 BR Hurricane mk IV, it has some pretty good destructive capabilities.

Japanese, I'm not too sure if they have any decent attackers.

Germans, the Ju-87 Stukas are quite good for bombs, and are at low tier.

Soviets, the IL-2 like you said.

When using the IL-2s rockets, if you are in RB, aim with one of the wings to make sure at least one rocket hits, rather than aiming in the middle, and both rockets going past the target.

13 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Yeah, I bet you've got the ground strike capability of the P-47 worked out. That thing's a monster.

With the Brits, if you unlock the 2.0 BR Hurricane mk IV, it has some pretty good destructive capabilities.

Japanese, I'm not too sure if they have any decent attackers.

Germans, the Ju-87 Stukas are quite good for bombs, and are at low tier.

Soviets, the IL-2 like you said.

When using the IL-2s rockets, if you are in RB, aim with one of the wings to make sure at least one rocket hits, rather than aiming in the middle, and both rockets going past the target.

I've gotten the Hurricane 4 researched. I don't have any tier >1 tanks for them, eo I've mostly been using it for A2A

I've mostly got the P-47D-25 worked out, I just need some changes in doctrine for it to be effective

For the Germans, I have up to the R-2 Stuka, but I rarely play those

I don't play Japanese tanks eo haven't tested any attackers

27 minutes ago, Some1 said:

I've gotten the Hurricane 4 researched. I don't have any tier >1 tanks for them, eo I've mostly been using it for A2A

I've mostly got the P-47D-25 worked out, I just need some changes in doctrine for it to be effective

For the Germans, I have up to the R-2 Stuka, but I rarely play those

I don't play Japanese tanks eo haven't tested any attackers

I really only play aircraft, so I don't have many tanks for my attackers to pair up with. Currently I'm getting Soviet and British tanks, but it's taking a while.

Right now for the Soviets, I'm using the IL-2 1941, and with the Brits I'm using the upgraded Firefly.

16 minutes ago, V7 Aerospace said:

I really only play aircraft, so I don't have many tanks for my attackers to pair up with. Currently I'm getting Soviet and British tanks, but it's taking a while.

Right now for the Soviets, I'm using the IL-2 1941, and with the Brits I'm using the upgraded Firefly.

I use the IL-2 1941 for the USSR and P-47 for the Americans

I don't play the others much, but I've had a leaning towards aircraft but I'm getting into tanks again

On 2017-05-31 at 2:44 AM, V7 Aerospace said:

Oh, them Hurrikillers. Instead of using my highest tier aircraft preset, I'm using some oldies like the Hurricane Mk.IV and Spitfire Mk.Ia to catch up on my bombers, naval strike fighters and fighter bombers, I haven't researched them sine the early days. The Beaufort's a beast. Ripped a Pe-3 to shreds in 5 seconds on Saturday.

Hey guys, would you guys want to create a Squadron of all of us? I only have 1 Golden Eagle left, so this will have to be a Training Squadron. Is that okay?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.