[1.7.3 & 1.11.0] Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 & pre-2.6.0.0 (2021-January-19)

Whirligig Girl

I had similar problems when I moved Minmus/Cinmus to Kerbin. I figured it was something I had messed up. But it sounds like others are running into the same problem.

A potential workaround to "explore X" is to take crew reports. I believe that still worked.

1. If it is not already there I will put it there.

2. I'll see about getting a Sigma Binary template for Eeloo and Vall. I'm not actually sure Eeloo would be orbiting a point outside itself though. It is pretty massive compared to Vall.

3. The best way to quick fix OPM compatibility would be to swap Plock for Eeloo in the OPM config. (Or just remove Eeloo's config from OPM altogether.) Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered will eventually support OPM fully (rearranging etc. This will not be a high priority update, there's a few more things that need to be done first such as finishing Laythe and allowing for an optional Bop Kerbin Moonlet.)

4. Not sure what the problem with Trans-Keptunian pack is.

5. The lighting is the same as it was in the original Alternis Kerbol and I will not be changing it.

6. Yes. It is small and very close to Jool. Encountering Minmus is a bit more like rendezvous than flight to a moon.

Trans-Keptunian would be squashed into OPM if you moved it out slightly. I tried changing the OPM cfg using MM but OPM has no identifier and cannot be modified through patches.

For those of you who are having trouble with science, are you by any chance using the optional overriding science definitions that came with the download? There's some small chance that's the culprit. I'll test around some things.

EDIT: I have found the bug does in fact occur. No idea why or how yet. I'm going to check the science part of their configs. Did these issues occur before I added the new biomes? I will try to remove the biomes and see what that does.

EDIT2: I am at a loss. Thomas doesn't know what's wring either. I'll get to the bottom of this!

Edited by GregroxMun

I love you.

I missed this mod so much. Back when I played it, I was too inexperienced to actually set up bases in other places. Now that I have enough experience, I can finally step up my game and explore this new universe. AlternisLaythe, here I come!

Does this mod add even more lag for those of us with weak CPUs? Also, is there a Delta-V map for this mod? I plan on going to Laythe, but I need to know the Delta-V needed to get there from Kerbin, land on it, get back to orbit, and return to Kerbin...

Edited by Commissioner Tadpole

Does this mod add even more lag for those of us with weak CPUs? Also, is there a Delta-V map for this mod? I plan on going to Laythe, but I need to know the Delta-V needed to get there from Kerbin, land on it, get back to orbit, and return to Kerbin...

I'm getting generally better performance than with the stock system, although I still have to deal with memory leaks and inevitable crashes inherent to the game. Frame rates on

Kerbin are basically the same as stock (ie: very bad on my Mac with its poor GPU), but performance off-world is much better and if I'm just flying ships out in space and don't launch from Kerbin I can spend all evening playing without a single crash. Even on a body like Laythe with an atmosphere, FPS is much better than on Kerbin, which is why I'm still wondering how this works and if it possible to get the same improvement on all bodies... (do you have an answer, Greg...?).

There is a transfer window planner that works for Alternis Kerbol (http://toadicus.github.io/ksp/).

Kerbin to Laythe is about the same as a transfer to Mun from LKO in stock, plus you can aerocapture. I love this system and would be favorable to something like it becoming stock (though it will never happen), because there are so many places to go within spitting distance from Kerbin, and once you know how to do a Hohmann transfer there is no added difficulty over the stock system. It really is a huge gameplay improvement.... :wink:

Great job on the update, downloading !

Cheers, UA.

PS: Laythe's atmosphere is still relatively unforgiving. Try starting at around 46km for capture if you don't want things to get too toasty :sticktongue:

Edited by UnusualAttitude

Another thing I ran into. Don't know where to post that.

I have no KSC on Kerbin, but alot of KSC dots on Kibren (Alternis Kerbol Rekejiggered):

kOhAGtk.png

fdMXjdZ.png

How can I fix this?

(Cross post http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/128856-WIP-1-0-4-Galactic-Neighborhood-Integration-of-multiple-planet-packs-in-the-same-game?p=2273555&viewfull=1#post2273555)

I believe this is a Galactic Neighborhood error, not something I can fix. I have not touched Remote Tech.

- - - Updated - - -

Laythe is a jungle planet! colonies will be a lot more interesting, and fun, and more habitable, well, overall great mod man :)

Technically, right now it's a green plains planet. Still no trees. When I get trees, I will make sure they are pretty close together and if possible use Kopernicus' solid colliders for them. It would add a bit of difficulty to landing in some areas but also make it unique. Not ALL biomes would have excessive trees, of course.

Posting here hoping for an update. I updated Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier, and it ruined Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered - when I reloaded my game, the system was back to the stock system, with all of my deployed ships out in weird, different places. Let me know!

[quote name='wolfman29']Posting here hoping for an update. I updated Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier, and it ruined Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered - when I reloaded my game, the system was back to the stock system, with all of my deployed ships out in weird, different places. Let me know![/QUOTE]

Kopernicus just got updated and some planet packs broke due to this update, give the author some time to update AKR

[quote name='Olympic1']Kopernicus just got updated and some planet packs broke due to this update, give the author some time to update AKR[/QUOTE]

It will take a while. Might be as late as next week. :( I've got so many things that need to be done, in internet life and real life. Good news is that Alternis Solar System 0.1 is now available (soon), and compatible with 1.0.5! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just poking to check up on the update - I realized that since I can't update my Kopernicus (gives incompatibility issues with Alternis), the game throws an error every frame for every part on the active ship (regarding buoyancy), which makes my high-end gaming laptop lag on 40 part ships :( Hoping we see the update soon :D

On 12/4/2015, 12:00:21, Gojira said:

Hey!

Is there any way I could get the lighting on its own? I really like the lighting change but don't want to change the solar system. Thanks!

Just take the GameData/AlternisKerbol/Sun folder and use it alone.

It will be a while until I can update this. I ran into two things: depression and PQS bugs. Both of which make it difficult to update. Hopefully we will see an update before Christmas, right now I have to focus on Final Exams.

Edited by GregroxMun

Version 1.5 for KSP 1.0.5, Kopernicus 0.6

Download

K5xLrgB.png

• Updated for Kopernicus 0.6 and KSP 1.0.5! Woohoo!
  • Tweaked the PQS color of Duna
  • Fixed Duna's Scaled-Space mesh.
  • Almost finished Laythe completely. I've said this before, but it really does look a lot more like original Alternis Laythe. This is because I started the whole thing over from scratch.
  • Tweaked atmosphere colors.
  • Removed Kopernicus Expansions support.

Happy holidays!

On 11/9/2015 at 9:10 PM, GregroxMun said:

Just updated the mod to fix Laythe to pretty much be totally fixed. It is still potentially subject to change, but I am now happy with it. Next update is more polish and maybe some other planet mod support. I'd like to imagine I get Laythe's trees working by then as well.

Download

You've er... got a bit of specular on your terrain, there.

21 hours ago, NovaSilisko said:

You've er... got a bit of specular on your terrain, there.

Yes. I know. I tried using the scaledspace texture that was transparent aside from the ocean, and the scaledspace terrain was lighter, more Kerbin-colored instead of nice and dark. Fixing it is one of the goals I've set for update 1.5.1 or 1.5.2.

EDIT: Here's some pictures for comparison. All in Scaledspace.

Original Laythe from Alternis Kerbol 0.1:

A:

DbrL011.png

Using the map with full colors:

B:

U1CictS.png

Using the map with the transparency that came with the original Alternis Kerbol:

C:

X6qwW3w.png

D:

5tF1Kdw.png

As you can see, the pictures C and D have terrain that is too light in color. Because picture B matches both the PQS terrain and the above image, I keep it.

Note that the PQS terrain uses a much darker RGB setting than in planetshifter.cs, because for whatever reason those colors are far, far too light compared to what was seen in the original mod.

Note also that there is a very high probability there's something about the textures that I'm fundamentally misunderstanding. My knowledge of how computer images work is severely lacking.

Edited by GregroxMun

Thanks to @KillAshley the problem is more or less solved. Terrain might be a tad bit too dark now.

lJ8GcnT.png

WzXcpr6.png

EDIT: This is more of a proof of concept than a work in progress. Though 1.5.1 will likely include a Laythe with a nonshiny scaledspace terrain, it will NOT use the same high-contrasting colors.

Edited by GregroxMun

Goals for AKRv1.5.1:

• Science Definitions that don't permanently overwrite the stock ones.
  • Optional Moonlet Bop (Finished)
  • Trees on Laythe (Just maple trees. No alien trees because I don't have a model for one)
  • Non-Shiny Laythe Terrain in Scaledspace
  • Almost completely correct terrain for Laythe.
  • No, really this time.
  • Look:

Original:

zzZlBOr.png

Original:

3r58ZLd.jpg

New:

ZAsuFMZ.png

New:

GoUylbl.png

The reason it's so hard to get it right is because Kopernicus' land control colors don't seem to actually be correct. If you put in the same colors used by Alternis, the result is far, far too light. They are now set to exactly half of the original color values to get the right brightness, and (although it's not visible in these images because I didn't do it yet) I have slightly lowered the blue value to get the color a bit more correct.

Edited by GregroxMun
Actually show which pics are from original Alternis and which are from Rekerjiggered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.