[1.7.3 & 1.11.0] Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 & pre-2.6.0.0 (2021-January-19)

Whirligig Girl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2017 at 4:49 PM, ModerndayLink64 said:

when I installed, everything was as it is supposed to be, except kerbin was in a really close orbit to the sun ( it was actually inside the sun).

Make sure you're using the right version of Kopernicus and KSP, or ask in the Kopernicus thread about PostOrbitSpawn. The really close orbit is neccesary in order to reduce KSC bugs, and it appears something has made the part that moves the orbit to Jool to not happen.

Edited by GregroxMun

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2017 at 9:20 PM, Moppers said:

Would it be possible to add in the comet tail effects from the original? That is what really made me use this mod back in the day! But I love what you have done to bring this back, great job!!!! :D

No, that utilized a special plugin in the original. If someone makes a comet tail plugin again, I would probably use it.

• 1 month later...
@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		@PQS
		{
			@Mods
			{
				@VertexHeightNoiseVertHeight:HAS[#noiseType[RiggedMultifractal]]
				{
					@noiseType = RidgedMultifractal
				}
				@VertexHeightNoise:HAS[#noiseType[RiggedMultifractal]]
				{
					@noiseType = RidgedMultifractal
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

If you want to use v1.7 in KSP 1.3, you'll have to add this in a .cfg file somewhere in GameData. It will fix all mods that have the old mis-spelled noise type name.

• 2 weeks later...

Planned Features:

Important
Normal
Maybe
Implemented

• Biomes for all planets and moons (Kerbin done by Sigma88)
  • Add back comet tails (depends upon @Thomas P.)
  • Redo science definitions and descriptions.
  • Realistic atmospheres.
  • Balance Tylo
  • Scatterer and E.V.E. Compatibility. (If you can and will help with scatterer for Eve, Tylo, and Jool, do PM me)
    • Eve: Thick yellow clouds.
    • Duna: Dust storms, white water vapor clouds.
    • Tylo: Thin white clouds.
    • Jool: White clouds at high altitude. (Blue clouds represent lower atmosphere)
    • Laythe: Earth-like clouds.
    • Kerbin: Earth-like clouds, or maybe the sort you get from a slowly rotating terra in Space Engine.
  • Classic Mode.
    • Reverts all major changes to Moho, Eve, Pol, Mun, Eeloo, Vall, Kerbin, and Dres, and reverts the atmospheres to stockalike instead of realistic.
  • Alien System Mode.
    • Reverts system to the stock system (to be modified by other mods or not) and moves the Alternis system to another star.
  • Balance pass for science gathering.
  • Setting to change planet names to non-stock versions.
  • Compatibility with more mods.
    • Outer Planets Mod
      • OPM's modified Stock Eeloo comes back. Alternis Eeloo moves out to the Kuiper Belt, with AKR Vall orbiting it.
      • Neidon moves down below Moho. Thatmo moves to Kuiper belt.
      • Planet colors no longer cause overbrightness due to the brighter sun.
    • Duna Restoration Project
      • Add Duna back under a new name to orbit at the Sun-Tylo trojan point, along with stock Ike.
    • UnchartedLands
      • Try to fit all the planets into the same system.
        • Amoho, ULmoho, ULeve, Aeve, AJool, ULkerbin at AJool trojan point, ULlaythe-Ultylo, Atylo, ULjool, ULeeloo, Aeeloo, ULgilly and Agilly and Aike.
    • SigmaDimensions
      • Rescale patches supporting 2x, 5x, and 10x games.
    • GalacticNeighborhood
      • Better descriptions.
    • ResearchBodies
      • Why waste a perfectly good new solar system by letting you see every nook and cranny of the new planets before visiting them?
    • ScienceBalance
    • DMagic Orbital Science Experiments pack.
    • KrakenScience Pack (Really quite interesting stockalike-looking science experiments)
    • Kerbalism radiation fields.
  • Delta-V Map. (Not strictly a feature, but I'd like to make one anyway.)
  • More biodiversity on Laythe, better alien tree model.
  • Colliders and experiments for all most ground scatters.
  • CRP resources defined for each planet.
Edited by GregroxMun

5 hours ago, Gage123456 said:

Duna has a blue atmosphere.With clouds, Eve does not have rings and the ksp screen goes black sometimes and the biome is ice caps.

Blue Duna Atmosphere: thanks, I'll fix that real quick. I should have caught that. :/

Eve's rings are removed when clouds are enabled because the clouds render on top of the rings.

I need more information on KSC screen going black. Is it:

• A) No space center buildings but icons are there? (Possible, no fix)
  • B) No space center buildings, no space center icons? (output_log, and description)
  • C) Night time forever? (Known, no fix)
  • D) Literally just a black screen? (output_log, and description)
  • E) Something else? (Screenshot, output_log, and description)

KSC screen is always wrong on account of the reparenting of Kerbin to Jool. This has always been buggy, and the only fix would come from Squad itself. As long as you can still click on buildings or their icons, I don't consider this game-breaking and it should only happen at this one scene.

EDIT: Duna air is brown again.

Edited by GregroxMun

Bop and Val are not working their textures are not loading at all all I see is a bunch of lines that cause my PC to slow drastically when I zoom in on them. I took their config files out of kerpernicus and they are loaded back to their normal textures and normal orbits. 

3 hours ago, Gage123456 said:

The clouds, when the sun goes behind jool. Also Mohos surface has Kerbin's colors. It, when you land on it is at -1 m you can see below it.

The sun shining behind Jool is a stock bug with no known fix.

I need clarification on Moho having Kerbin's colors. Do you mean it's green and blue just like Kerbin would be? A screenshot, as well as body logs for the relevant objects would be nice. As for the negative terrain bug, I can add a FlattenOcean to ensure no terrain goes below 0. Again, I should have caught it. Workaround for now is to just not land in the lower regions.

2 hours ago, Joshua91 said:

Bop and Val are not working their textures are not loading at all all I see is a bunch of lines that cause my PC to slow drastically when I zoom in on them. I took their config files out of kerpernicus and they are loaded back to their normal textures and normal orbits. 

Try deleting their cache files in Kopernicus/Cache and/or AlternisKerbolRekerjiggered/CacheFiles. If still no, send me screenshots. Question: did you install via CKAN?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.