A probably very basic texture problem

I am experimenting with a minor tweak to a mod and just can not get a texture to apply.

The code I'm basing it on is below:

MODEL
{
model = MarkIVSystem/Parts/Intake/mk4intake-radial-1
texture = mk4pods-1-blank, MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4pod-1
}

I'm basically copying everything DIRECTLY from another mod and the texture just won't work.

I initially changes the names and the paths, which didn't work. . . . . so I applied the same names and path and made all the appropriate folders, still doesn't work.

Its the comma in the texture field that I don't understand. I've never seen a comma separated string in the texture field before and I don't know what it means

The name before the comma has to be the original texture that's referenced in the model file, after the comma comes the path to the texture that is supposed to replace it.

Also note that there needs to be a texture with the original name in the same folder where the model file is located, basically it first needs something to be there that it can then replace. It can be a downsized dummy texture. This could be one source of error.

You need to absolutely triple check that the file paths are correct, very easy to make tiny mistake there :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.