[Invention] Ruman Language

StelarCF

Note: during this Ruman language course I will introduce verbs as Verb:, adjectives as Adj:, adverbs as Adv: nouns as Noun:, pronouns as Pron:, prepositions as Prep:, prefixes as Pref: and suffixes as Suf:. Please do note that the Ruman language is mostly based on verbs, so most adjectives and nouns will be derived from verbs. Grammar will be underlined and will be bigger than other text

Lesson 1: Basic Grammar

Verb: Ker- = To be, Nia- = To say, Tor- = To speak

Noun: Nial = Word, Kerb = Person, Niab = mouth, Torb = Orator

Pref: Pre = Before, Post = After

Most Ruman verbs are regular and usually need a pronoun which designates it\'s person. There are 2 major types of Pronouns: Prenial and Postnial. Prenial pronouns are separate from the verb and before it, while Postnial are after the verb and not separate from it. If the pronoun isn\'t provided then that means that the person/thing doing the action is unknown ('Someone is talking' - it could be anyone who is talking - even 'you'). If there is a noun then the person is automatically third, singular or plural

Pron: (pre)Ut, (post)u = I

Ruman verbs also require a suffix which designates the time (or transform the verb into an adjective or noun)

Suf: a = action is done at the present time(for verbs ending in a consonant) (Kerau = Ut kera = Ut kerau = I am),

c = action is done at the present time(for verbs ending in a vocal) (Niacu = I say),

b (or e, if the verb ends in a consonant other than l, r) = the person/object doing the action (Kerb literally means 'The thing that exists', Niab literally means 'The thing that says', Torb literally means 'The thing that speaks'),

l(L) (or o, if the verb ends in a consonant) = the person/object the action uses (Nial literally means 'The thing that is used to say [something]', Toro means 'The thing that is used to speak'),

s = for nouns, the plural suffix

Verb: Hos = To heal

Suf: in = Transforms the verb into a noun, like heal in 'The doctor talks about healing',

on = Transforms the verb into an adjective/adverb, like kill in 'The killed(dead) kerbal was quickly cloned' or, if adverb, 'The kerbal ran like killed(dead)' (meaning he didn\'t run at all)

Noun: Toro = Sentence, Hose = Doctor, Hosin = (the act of) Healing

Prep: De = about, of

Adj: Hoson = Healed

A sentence is structured as follows (<> = Required, [] = Optional): [Noun/Pronoun] + [Adjectives] + <Verb>[Verbal Suffix] + [Adverbs] + [Objects] + [Adjectives]

Kerb tora de niab. = The kerb is talking about the mouth.

Hose hoson tora de hosin. = The healed doctor is talking about the act of healing.

Lesson 2: Basic words

Verb: Sor- = To go (somewhere), Fa- = To walk, Se- = To buy, Oc = To sell, Niabu- = To eat

Noun: Oce (read as oke) = Merchant, Niabul = Food, Ocen = Market, Kerbi = home

Suf: u = transforms a noun into a verb, to be precise the action that that object does,

n(vocal), i(consonant) = changes a noun\'s meaning to 'the place where it resides' or 'it\'s home'

Prep: fo = from

Read the following sentences and translate:

Sorau ocen. Seau niabul fo oce. Ut sora kerbi. Ut niabua.

(more to come later!)

Dictionary:

Verbs:

Ker- = To be

Nia- = To say

Tor = To speak

Hos = To heal

Sor- = To go (somewhere)

Fa- = To walk

Se- = To buy

Oc = To sell

Niabu- = To eat

Nouns:

Kerb = Person

Nial = Word

Niab = Mouth

Torb = Orator

Toro = Sentence

Hose = Doctor

Hosin = (the act of) Healing

Oce (read as oke) = Merchant

Niabul = Food

Ocen = Market

Kerbi = home

Adjectives:

Hoson = Healed

Adverbs:

Pronouns:

(pre)Ut, (post)u = I (me)

Prepositions:

de = about, of

fo = from

Prefixes

Pre = Before

Post = After

Suffixes

a = action is done at the present time(for verbs ending in a consonant)

c = action is done at the present time(for verbs ending in a vocal)

b(vocal, l, r)/e(consonant) = the person/object doing the action

l(vocal)/o(consonant) = the person/object the action uses

s = for nouns, the plural suffix

u = transforms a noun into a verb, to be precise the action that that object does

n(vocal), i(consonant) = changes a noun\'s meaning to 'the place where it resides' or 'it\'s home'

Are you re-writing the dictionary or something? That\'s a lot of reserves.

I am inventing a new language. That kind of needs loads of reserves.

Currently I haven\'t made up too many words.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.