Long loading

Is there a way to short the loading down?I have many mod's so is that the problem?Sometimes the game won't load, even after 20 minutes.

The more mods, the longer the load.

Install a mod incorrectly and the game will hang at loading.

Check the sticky in the How To forum for help ensuring you are installing your mods correctly.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

What do you mean? You click 'launch' and it proceeds to freeze, or it gets to the launch pad but won't engage? And what do you mean by the first time? The first time you executed the game ever, or the first time you executed the game post reboot?

All helpful information, because it really shouldn't be doing that.

After launching from the.. launcher.. I get the title screen/menu up in 1-3 minutes. (Looking at the first loading screen with the awesome artwork) A bit long, but not too unreasonable considering I just make minimum specs to run. Clicking 'Start Game' gives me another wait of between 1-3 minutes, then clicking the V.A.B. gives me another short wait. Loading the launchpad gives the longest wait of nearly 10 minutes in most cases.

To clarify: 'The first time' means the fist time I navigate to those sections of the game after starting the game. If I quit the game and relaunch immediately without doing anything else on my computer, load times are substantially reduced (assets still in memory?) After visiting each section (V.A.B./Launchpad) once, they load with not unreasonable times of about 10 seconds thereafter until I quit the game.

The game window appears to hang while it does it's thing, not graphicaly updating (holding ghost images of windows that were above it) and if it's in fullscreen mode at this time, I can't alt+enter or otherwise interact with my computer.

It definitely did load faster with only the default parts, but it was the same behaviour.