Let's push KSP!

RayneCloud

I can easily recommend the game to people but the rules on this forum make it hard to recommend let alone keep people coming here. Luckily there are other forums better suited for legitimate discussions. This forum is mainly for tracking dev progress and taking note of all the things locked/removed/reprimanded.

I can easily recommend the game to people but the rules on this forum make it hard to recommend let alone keep people coming here. Luckily there are other forums better suited for legitimate discussions. This forum is mainly for tracking dev progress and taking note of all the things locked/removed/reprimanded.

I take it you don't frequent any of the major game publisher forums either? Our rules are no more strict than any other major game publisher. In fact, our rules were based on the rules of those sites. Some major publishers are even more strict that we are in how they operate their forums.

I think for the most part, the majority of members appreciate the hard, unpaid work the staff here do and we don't expect to please 100% of the people. There's always someone that's going to cry over something.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Guys, is anyone with me that KSP should be put on Steam Greenlight? I say people would be amazed at it, especially if you look at all the other games on there. I have no idea about the business side there between if it got Greenlit and then what they would do, but ether way, try to get on, people are probably finding this game by pure luck or smaller gaming news companies. Steam would be probably doubling the popularity on here if it got famous, and I bet you it would.

Guys, is anyone with me that KSP should be put on Steam Greenlight? I say people would be amazed at it, especially if you look at all the other games on there. I have no idea about the business side there between if it got Greenlit and then what they would do, but ether way, try to get on, people are probably finding this game by pure luck or smaller gaming news companies. Steam would be probably doubling the popularity on here if it got famous, and I bet you it would.

The developers already mentioned somewhere that they don't want the game on greenlight right now. Later maybe, but not in the alpha stage of development.

I take it you don't frequent any of the major game publisher forums either? Our rules are no more strict than any other major game publisher. In fact' date=' our rules were based on the rules of those sites. Some major publishers are even more strict that we are in how they operate their forums.

I think for the most part, the majority of members appreciate the hard, unpaid work the staff here do and we don't expect to please 100% of the people. There's always someone that's going to cry over something.

Cheers!

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

You know, if you do it right then generally the maximum number of people will be complaining. If you aren't favouring one point of view over another then both sides will complain of "bias", compared to if you were actually being bias, in which case only one side will accuse you of bias. This goes for almost everything, whether it be multiplayer game balance, moderator performance, etc. It's actually quite amusing to see the same pattern repeated so many times over (although to what degree people complain varies with the sort of userbase a community attracts, either way though it can be difficult to gauge how happy the community really is - you can't hear people not-complaining after all). It's surprising the number of websites with moderators who are apparently both nazis and also part of the liberal conspiracy.

Anyway, I haven't seen anything too alarming with regards to the regulations here. And so that I'm not totally off-topic, I've been recommending KSP to everyone I can, one person has bought it as a result and others I think are considering it. It's a great game, so yeah, I'll keep promoting it where I can.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, a forum I frequent already had a KSP thread on it's second page, it was active, alive and healthy, and we had another one pop up.

could you at least check before making one?

also, you realise this is gonna push some people away due to them viewing it as a spam thread, and thus, making them believe it is either some scam to get their card info, or some sort of trojan or something?

okay, a forum I frequent already had a KSP thread on it's second page, it was active, alive and healthy, and we had another one pop up.

could you at least check before making one?

also, you realise this is gonna push some people away due to them viewing it as a spam thread, and thus, making them believe it is either some scam to get their card info, or some sort of trojan or something?

If simple thread duplication was enough to keep people away from things all forums (fora?) would be dead by now.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4703519305382.195023.1216208810&type=3

I'm chronicling my Kerbonauts' voyage from Kerbin to the Mun in a Facebook album. I also post funny stuff that 0.13.3 does from time to time.

So far, KSP has helped me instill a sense of cause and effect in my children and makes my son stare in awe at the vastness of space. Between that and the sheer entertainment value of the game, I'll be shouting KSP from the mountaintops for a long time to come. :)

• 6 months later...

We can possibly have a one-week sale for 5.00? That could in a way really help out.

I wouldn\'t - you might end up with hold-outs waiting for a sale \'next time\'. The game is well worth $15 - it\'s the main reason I haven\'t forked out �45 for Diablo III. High praise indeed!

$15?, where can i buy it for $15?