Media Group Applications

KasperVld

Hmm...... I'm not sure whether to apply or not. I'm getting increasingly large numbers of views. The video I uploaded late on Sunday already has over 500 views, which came as a bit of a shock when I checked this morning. But I only have six seven eight subscribers. And I'm rapidly getting better at making these videos - even if I am using Windows Movie Maker.

EDIT: it appears my subscriber count is starting to go up. I find it irritating that the YouTube analytics page doesn't update in real time, and completely ignores the past 2-5 days.

Edited by TheMoonRover

It's great to see this Kasper! I sent you a PM a while ago when there was last talk about the media group. Does that PM still work for you or should I fill out an application as well? I said last that I had only ~200 Subscribers (now 224), but you've seen the content I've put out, the award I won, as well as the content on my twitch channel. I'm satisfied for now with my current content and I hope that it stands as an example of what might come. Thanks for the read. - No cat pics this time. Those are for when I'm not quite as serious. :)

EDIT: Best of luck to Xacktar and I hope he makes it in!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

It's great to see this Kasper! I sent you a PM a while ago when there was last talk about the media group. Does that PM still work for you or should I fill out an application as well? I said last that I had only ~200 Subscribers (now 224), but you've seen the content I've put out, the award I won, as well as the content on my twitch channel. I'm satisfied for now with my current content and I hope that it stands as an example of what might come. Thanks for the read. - No cat pics this time. Those are for when I'm not quite as serious. :)

EDIT: Best of luck to Xacktar and I hope he makes it in!

Sure, fill out the form :)

I'm casting in my application. Even though I don't have the requisite video view count, I'm still hoping that my hair-raising, game-breaking, all-ages stock KSP extravaganzas are worth a look.

Best of luck to all of the applicants!

-Upsilon

...I have 2000 subscribers on my old YouTube account that I could always switch back to, but there are no gaming videos on it yet. Could I still apply?

Unfortunately you wouldn't qualify for membership of the Media Group. :)

How long will this be open?

At least one week, and it'll depend on the flow of applications coming in. Basically if we receive too many applications or if the influx of new applications stops after a while we'll close it.

At least one week, and it'll depend on the flow of applications coming in. Basically if we receive too many applications or if the influx of new applications stops after a while we'll close it.

Oh dear, my average recent videos views will probably get skewed in the meantime. I'm about to release a craft and Primitive Orbital Station EP. 5 over the next few days.

Views aren't a problem for my vids (at least the ones I put on Reddit). How does one get more subscribers? Mayhaps I should suggest it in my next videos.

I have the opposite problem. :P

The easiest way to get subscribers, IMHO, is to show off a lot of original content and to keep your videos consistent over long periods of time. For example, your podracers are really awesome, but they look to be the only thing you've showed off in KSP recently. Try to branch out and show off some other stuff! And regular uploads over long periods of time (over a year or two) make people want to come back to your channel again and again, as well. Keep at it.

Best of luck!

-Upsilon

Unfortunately you wouldn't qualify for membership of the Media Group. :)

Awh. So this is a one time thing, not like a new thing. So like if I was just starting, I wouldn't be able to join this later when I fit the requirements?

I have the opposite problem. :P

The easiest way to get subscribers, IMHO, is to show off a lot of original content and to keep your videos consistent over long periods of time. For example, your podracers are really awesome, but they look to be the only thing you've showed off in KSP recently. Try to branch out and show off some other stuff! And regular uploads over long periods of time (over a year or two) make people want to come back to your channel again and again, as well. Keep at it.

Best of luck!

-Upsilon

That sounds fair. Thanks for the advice.

I'm sure we'll see some interesting vids from the group.

I've been waiting for an opportunity to join the media group since I started making videos so, regardless of whether my application is accepted, I am very grateful that gates have been opened and more people have the chance to be a part of it :)

I don't have many subs (14) but I can upload once or maybe twice a day to anywhere you want, unlisted. And I'd love to have it, it would be an honor and I would make a lot of videos instead of being dead. I also could do some pre-emptive designs for the update, and help with bugs.

Edited by legoclone09

I am angry that Squad continues to use the term 'media' when the only medium you promote, encourage or - in this case - allow is video.

Please consider either calling yourselves the Medium Group or endorsing other forms of media.

Youtube.com/NOELonPC/

Whats up kerbalnauts!! I am Noel on PC, and i do KSP videos... Pretty much exclusively. My channel has 932 subs, about 275,000 views, with 94 KSP videos to date! (UPDATE: 'averaging' 528 views per video 49k on 94vids)

I feel motivated to content create with KSP because the game is like a blank canvas, i feel like jackson pollock creating a masterpiece everytime i play!!

I would LOOOOVE the oppertunity to be a part of the beta team, to play and test new versions of the game, with the fun results going onto youtube!!!

I really hope you pick me, ive dedicated my channel to KSP, and it'd be SO nice to be recognized for the hard work!!

Cheers,

Noel

Edited by NOELonPC
adding addition information (average views/video)