New Maneuver Node Editing Tool

2 hours ago, Alshain said:

In what circumstance will "click a button 1000 times" ever be preferable to "drag the maneuver to where you want it".  Do you use all keyboard shortcuts on your OS or do you use a mouse to point and click to the program you want to start?

Myself I use a combination, sometimes one is better, sometimes the other. It`s handy to have both options.

2 hours ago, John FX said:

Myself I use a combination, sometimes one is better, sometimes the other. It`s handy to have both options.

I agree, I was just being facetious to his insistence that everyone do it his way.

On 2016-04-16 at 4:17 PM, Morse said:

Okay, here it is!

q3ROimp.jpg

It looks very similar to the stock gizmo and behaves the same. You can download the mod here:

https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/releases

And if you have any suggestions about the plugin, you can write them here:

Instantly a mod I can't NOT have. Wishing it was stock.... i'll just go download it.

On 2016-04-16 at 4:17 PM, Morse said:

Okay, here it is!

q3ROimp.jpg

It looks very similar to the stock gizmo and behaves the same. You can download the mod here:

https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/releases

And if you have any suggestions about the plugin, you can write them here:

Instantly a mod I can't NOT have. Wishing it was stock.... i'll just go download it.

After playing a pure-stock 1.1-pre-release campaign for testing purposes, I'd have to say that the existing stock controls are rather inadequate (particularly when it comes to interplanetary, but even around Kerbin's muns it's kinda lacking)  and I'd definitely support this concept.

(Usually I have PreciseNode installed so I don't have to worry, but the stock stuff is misery as it stands now)

The stock Maneuver Node edit tool is just too coarse and needs to be improved.  Without better ones provided by mods like Precise Node and MechJeb, I'd seriously find greater frustration in playing KSP.  And I don't think Squad just wants to frustrate players with petty limitations in their UI....

Oh, yeah.  In KSP 1.0, Squad took away Stock & Custom Actions Groups for starting careers, a major UI limitation, forcing use of right-click menus.  No matter the urgency or tension while flying your spacecraft, no matter how buried the part is.  Maybe Squad does want to frustrate players with petty limitations in their UI.... >:(

Hello, I'm playing for a few months, actually weeks but I had a big pause in between, I've enjoyed the game before 1.1, but not it's really smooth and lag-free when doing most of the normal gamplay, I send my congratulations. However, this planting of manouvers has really been my biggest issue because there's so much fiddling with the button itself, takes corrections, good thing I am fast and agile with the mouse so it doesn't hamper the experience that much but it is definitely something that should be improved, the button's behavior has always confused me, the button turns into a circular one with some more buttons whenever I click somewhere else to adjust viewport, then I have to click out again to reset it, and then click again on the button to show the manouver directions. It's already hard sometimes to plot a course because it's all non-stereoscopic, it would be good to remove as much of the barriers as possible to make the whole aspect of manouvers clearer. I'm not talking about ease of use, I'm not talking about simplification, or some "automatic" stuff, it has to preserve realism, but it has to be better when it has to deal with multitasking, the response is also another thing, the UI elements have to respond as fast as possible, I believe there is some delay when the click registers and when the button expands, the hitbox should also be adjusted, etc.

Then there is the speed, sometimes the velocity is really big when I want to go slow, sometimes it's really slow when I want to go fast, it depends, it needs some tuning here, or some hotkey to manually shift speed, LCTRL for slower, RSHIFT for faster, but I never tried it I'll do that asap if it's already so, sorry.

Another bug has came up with planet shadows dimming the virtual trajectory lines, which makes it hard to see ofcourse.

• 4 months later...

[Uses Necromancer Revive Skill level 15 *65 mana* and revives this topic]

Just my 50 cents, this topics deserves to be seen. Been playing a while now, and moving the nodes on the orbitswhen planing transfers, or playing with the cursors is hell atm, especially when fine tuning and not seeing yours mouse is just touching that other cursor on the node...

• 2 years later...

I also feel that a low sensitivity mode (nothing insane I just mean basically what you get with the scroll wheel) would be great. I play on a laptop with a trackpad where you can't really click and scroll at the same time so I have to fuss with the normal sensitivity. Would make life a lot easier!

- T

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.