[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Pathfinder 1.9.2 is now available:

- You can now upgrade the WB-22 "Typhoon" tilt-rotor's thrust output.
- You can now upgrade the GTG-125's power output.
- Texture fixes.

I don't see a thread for just wildblue tools, but it seems the latest version of wildblue tools is version mis-matched? when I start KSP after clean installing the latest versions of all your mods, I get an "update is available for Wildblue tools. says I have 1.21 installed and the latest version is 1.23 but when I download the tools, it downloads 1.22?

12 hours ago, vardicd said:

I don't see a thread for just wildblue tools, but it seems the latest version of wildblue tools is version mis-matched? when I start KSP after clean installing the latest versions of all your mods, I get an "update is available for Wildblue tools. says I have 1.21 installed and the latest version is 1.23 but when I download the tools, it downloads 1.22?

Had to do an emergency patch.

You can find the latest WBT here.

Edited by Angel-125

I am trying to make a 100% self sustaining colony, and one thing I require is equipment (Like the stuff used to inflate things). How can I produce equipment away from KSC? I know one way is to produce things using EL, and then braking them down, is that all I can do? 

P.S I am getting this new weird thing where I try to inflate a casa module with Bill and it says I have insufficient skill and I need one of System.string[]

Edited by Rainbowd4sh

2 hours ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

I am trying to make a 100% self sustaining colony, and one thing I require is equipment (Like the stuff used to inflate things). How can I produce equipment away from KSC? I know one way is to produce things using EL, and then braking them down, is that all I can do? 

P.S I am getting this new weird thing where I try to inflate a casa module with Bill and it says I have insufficient skill and I need one of System.string[]

Equipment can be produced in the Ironworks, I think.  I always get the names mixed up.  As for the other, the error is a bummer, but it sounds similar to what I was running into before I put it together that any science-based module has to be inflated by a scientist instead of an engineer.  May at least get it expanded.

On 6/12/2017 at 4:03 PM, Krakatoa said:

Equipment can be produced in the Ironworks, I think.  I always get the names mixed up.  As for the other, the error is a bummer, but it sounds similar to what I was running into before I put it together that any science-based module has to be inflated by a scientist instead of an engineer.  May at least get it expanded.

that works! Thanks for the help. 

On 6/12/2017 at 1:11 PM, Rainbowd4sh said:

Sounds like more KSP 1.3 shenanigans. I found the System.string[] issue, should be fixed next release. Not sure why Bill can inflate the module, do you have enough Equipment?

Got sidetracked from DSEV again... This time I've uncovered some issues with GoldStrike, the prospecting mini-game in Pathfinder. The good news is that I've done away with the GoldStrike converter that converted ore into whatever resource you discovered at the site, and replaced it with a custom drill. The ground drill works fine, now I'm fixing up asteroid prospecting to work properly and getting the asteroid drill to work similarly to the ground drill. I'm also working on some game play improvements. Currently, you have 20 chances in any given biome to find something good, and you have to drive 10km between prospect sites. For a planet like Kerbin, biomes can be pretty big, so I'm getting rid of the limited chances and balancing it by lowering the discovery chance a bit.

Finally, I'm ditching the stock heat mechanic used on drills in favor of a new mechanic, one that will be pretty configurable. More details once I've straightened out GoldStrike...

2dJW9sL.png
FGFSYiq.png
lIw53tr.png
WkJTKFt.png
Game play improvements to GoldStrike:
Asteroid prospecting works, and you get a prospecting bonus for asteroids because they're harder to get to. But you can only prospect an asteroid once.
You have an unlimited number of chances to prospect on a planetary surface, but the chances of finding them is slightly reduced.
The minimum travel distance between prospects is now 3km.
Resource extraction is now handled by the drills; Ore is no longer required as a prerequisite.
You now have a status field that tells you the state of your prospecting and the state the lodes that you find.

Now I can get started on the replacement to the drill heat mechanic...

Pathfinder 1.10.0 is now available:

Gold Strike
- You now have an unlimited number of chances to find resources in any given biome on any given planet. You still only get once chance per asteroid though.
- You now only need to drive a minimum of 3km away from the previous prospecting location in order to make another attempt.
- Lowered the chances of finding a lode.
- Lowered the max units of a lode's resource that you can find.
- The Pathfinder geology lab has the ability to prospect for resources.
- Your drills will automatically dig up the lode resource if there's room for it in your vessel; it functions independently of drilling for Ore.
- Prospecting asteroids is now functioning properly.

Bug Fixes & Enhancements.
- You can now carry the Sombrero and Telegraph.
- Drills no longer generate heat when in operation.
- When inflating parts, if you have no active distributors that are sharing the needed Equipment, you'll receive a message to remind you to turn on resource distribution.
- Fixed an issue where the resource distributor cache wouldn't be rebuilt after changing a part's distributor status and/or what resources to distribute.
- Fixed an integration issue with KPBS.

I have a base on Mun consisting of a Ponderosa (configured as a Pathfinder Geology Lab), a Doc Science (configured as a CSL) and a Casa (configured as Habitat). There is bonus science in both the Doc Science & Ponderosa modules, but only the Doc Science can transmit; when I click the transmit button for the Ponderosa, nothing happens. These exceptions are in the log:

"[EXC 21:58:08.381] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ScienceExperiment].ContainsKey (System.String key)
    ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperiment (System.String experimentID)
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.getResultsText ()
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.SetVisible (Boolean newValue)
    WildBlueIndustries.WBIBasicScienceLab.ReviewData ()
    BaseEvent.Invoke ()
    UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()"

"[EXC 21:58:11.879] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ScienceExperiment].ContainsKey (System.String key)
    WildBlueIndustries.TransmitHelper.TransmitToKSC (Single science, Single reputation, Single funds, Single dataAmount, System.String experimentID)
    WildBlueIndustries.WBIBasicScienceLab.TransmitResults ()
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.drawTransmitButtons ()
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.DrawGUIControls ()
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
    WildBlueIndustries.Window`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)"

Also, when a Buckboard 200 is configured as an ore-powered generator & is active, NREs get spammed in the log. Visually, the 'smoke' is just black squares - don't know if that's related to the NRE or not, but I suspect so:

"[ERR 22:04:28.557] Module WBIBuckboardGenerator threw during OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIPowerGenerator.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"

18 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I have a base on Mun consisting of a Ponderosa (configured as a Pathfinder Geology Lab), a Doc Science (configured as a CSL) and a Casa (configured as Habitat). There is bonus science in both the Doc Science & Ponderosa modules, but only the Doc Science can transmit; when I click the transmit button for the Ponderosa, nothing happens. These exceptions are in the log:

"[EXC 21:58:08.381] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.getResultsText ()
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.SetVisible (Boolean newValue)
    WildBlueIndustries.WBIBasicScienceLab.ReviewData ()
    BaseEvent.Invoke ()
    UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()"

"[EXC 21:58:11.879] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    WildBlueIndustries.TransmitHelper.TransmitToKSC (Single science, Single reputation, Single funds, Single dataAmount, System.String experimentID)
    WildBlueIndustries.WBIBasicScienceLab.TransmitResults ()
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.drawTransmitButtons ()
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.DrawGUIControls ()
    WildBlueIndustries.ScienceLabResultsView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
    WildBlueIndustries.Window`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)"

Also, when a Buckboard 200 is configured as an ore-powered generator & is active, NREs get spammed in the log. Visually, the 'smoke' is just black squares - don't know if that's related to the NRE or not, but I suspect so:

"[ERR 22:04:28.557] Module WBIBuckboardGenerator threw during OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIPowerGenerator.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"

Thanks, I'll take a look.

2 hours ago, Rockets4life said:

I have a question. What does koncrete do? In the description in-game it says it is used to build permanent structures, but what is considered a permanent structure, and how do you build them? Thanks!

Eventually I will have parts that need Konkrete, but it will be awhile. Things are taking a lot longer than expected.

Edited by Angel-125

I don't know if this is anything that can be fixed, but the ore extraction of the Hacienda doesn't count towards the career contract to extract ore.  Current mission is to collect 450 ore from Minmus, got a small Pathfinder base there, got the strip miner going, and then nothing happened as I collected a few thousand ore.  Haven't tested it on any other surfaces.

17 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

I don't know if this is anything that can be fixed, but the ore extraction of the Hacienda doesn't count towards the career contract to extract ore.  Current mission is to collect 450 ore from Minmus, got a small Pathfinder base there, got the strip miner going, and then nothing happened as I collected a few thousand ore.  Haven't tested it on any other surfaces.

Not sure. Maybe after collecting the required ore, try quicksaving and reloading the scene?

8 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Not sure. Maybe after collecting the required ore, try quicksaving and reloading the scene?

Doesn't make a difference at the moment.  Do you use a different mechanic for "extracting" ore with the strip miner? Contract doesn't state it, but I wonder if it looks for a drill.

3 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Doesn't make a difference at the moment.  Do you use a different mechanic for "extracting" ore with the strip miner? Contract doesn't state it, but I wonder if it looks for a drill.

The Hacienda has a built-in drill, and it's the stock drill part module, so I'm not sure. Contracts have always been pretty elusive for me to understand..

I get the impression it partly depends on the writer of the contract how things are done - for something like 'needs a drill' it looks like it can be written as 'needs one of these specified parts' or it could be written as 'needs to have a part with a specified module'.  (This just my impression.)

8 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

The Hacienda has a built-in drill, and it's the stock drill part module, so I'm not sure. Contracts have always been pretty elusive for me to understand..

No worries.  Minmus needs a miner that can get back to orbit, so I can complete it with that, but for other folks looking for an answer, it looks like it doesn't count.  This is the code from the stock contract configuration.

RESOURCE_REQUEST // A potential request for ore extraction
		{
			Name = Ore // The resource ID
			Title = #autoLOC_500050 //#autoLOC_500050 = ore
			Keyword = #autoLOC_500051 //#autoLOC_500051 = Commercial
			Module = ModuleResourceHarvester // A part with this module must be researched for this request to appear
			DeliveryMultiplier = 1.8 // Reward multiplier on ISRU delivery contract
			Forbidden = Sun // A body this resource cannot be extracted from
			Forbidden = Jool // A body this resource cannot be extracted from
			Trivial // Easy Contracts

It has that "ModuleResourceHarvester" tag, which is a direct reference to an entry in the config for the stock drills.  Looks like there's WBI-specific resource entries in the Hacienda config, so is there a tiny MM patch I could use?

On 7/1/2017 at 9:40 AM, Krakatoa said:

No worries.  Minmus needs a miner that can get back to orbit, so I can complete it with that, but for other folks looking for an answer, it looks like it doesn't count.  This is the code from the stock contract configuration.

RESOURCE_REQUEST // A potential request for ore extraction
		{
			Name = Ore // The resource ID
			Title = #autoLOC_500050 //#autoLOC_500050 = ore
			Keyword = #autoLOC_500051 //#autoLOC_500051 = Commercial
			Module = ModuleResourceHarvester // A part with this module must be researched for this request to appear
			DeliveryMultiplier = 1.8 // Reward multiplier on ISRU delivery contract
			Forbidden = Sun // A body this resource cannot be extracted from
			Forbidden = Jool // A body this resource cannot be extracted from
			Trivial // Easy Contracts

It has that "ModuleResourceHarvester" tag, which is a direct reference to an entry in the config for the stock drills.  Looks like there's WBI-specific resource entries in the Hacienda config, so is there a tiny MM patch I could use?

Not that I'm aware of, no. :(

52 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Not that I'm aware of, no. :(

I wish I was better at coding.  I have no idea on anything other than find and replace.  @DStaal, maybe you have an idea?  Seems like it would be something that affects the contract side of things, where for ISRU extraction quests, it looks for ModuleResourceHarvester OR WBIExtractionMonitor or whatever the name of the module that deals with extraction is?  Also, noticed while reading through that

//These colliders need to be switched between layer 26 (WheelCollidersIgnore) and 0 (default). When deflated, they're on
		//layer 26. When inflated, they're on layer 0. That way wheels ignore them when deflated, and you can transfer crew into the
		//module when inflated.
		//inflatableColliders = BodyCollider;TunnelCollider001;TunnelCollider002;TunnelCollider003;TunnelCollider006;TunnelCollider007

has the whole shebang commented out, and it seems like that last line may supposed to be in.