you can rename vessels from the tracking center!

peachoftree

Yeah, it's a well hidden feature. It works from Map View as well (although there's some restrictions).

However.. this sort of thread pops up from time to time.. We talked about it in the BTSM thread, and there's been some talk in General as well.

So basically .. this gets 'discovered' from time to time, due to it's hidden nature and KSP's kinda poor documentation. Hooray for poor documentation!

Yeah, it's a well hidden feature. It works from Map View as well (although there's some restrictions).

However.. this sort of thread pops up from time to time.. We talked about it in the BTSM thread, and there's been some talk in General as well.

So basically .. this gets 'discovered' from time to time, due to it's hidden nature and KSP's kinda poor documentation. Hooray for poor documentation!

hopefully KSPedia will fix that.

Yes, at first it was just in the flight scene when right clicking a command pod/probe. But I loaded up .22 just now, and I can't change the name of a vessel in the tracking station, but I can in .23.5 (I can't find my .23 install atm).

THIS is such an important feature. Does Squad know this exists? How comes nobody knew about this?! This is great, thanks!

A lot of people probably thought this is common knowledge. :)

People like me who try clicking on everything to figure out how stuff works tend to find stuff like this (I noticed this in map mode first tho). Still... I wonder how many other features are still to be found.

Well, uh, yeah, maybe. It's not mentioned in the Infotextbox you get for visiting the trackingstation the first time or is it?

To be fair, if every single feature got told in those boxes we'd have quite a bit of stuff to read there. I'm really hoping the KSPedia will have good pages for each view with all the features explained. That should be a lot better than forcing the info on first load of a game.

However, while we do have good documentations on what keys are mapped by default (and we can change those too), a lot of people still won't know half of the keys they could use to make life easier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.