[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, TyrannoFan said:

It's a part of the abort system! SRBs can't be shut off, so the only way to cut thrust in case of an anomaly is to open up the other end. There's no smaller SRB with the same thrust, so I came up with a rather Kerbal solution of just slapping on a fuel tank and an upside down F-1. I believe in the real SLS (may be wrong here), in the event of an abort, they open up the top of the SRB, but there's no such thing in KSP with that capability unfortunately...

Also, don't mind the parachutes and air-brakes; I'm in the process of making it mostly reusable (IMO, lack of reusability is one of the real SLS' main problems - why just throw away those shuttle engines? :/).

Oh. 0.0 Wow. Yeah, the top blows out which basically zeroes the thrust because it goes out both ends.

And to answer your question, it's because some decision maker in Congress has constituents that make money off using SSMEs instead of RS-68s...

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

it's because some decision maker in Congress has constituents that make money off using SSMEs instead of RS-68s...

17 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

Don't ever let politicians do the work of a scientist

Hi everyone, I'm making a custom texture for the Saturn V that more closely resembles the real life counterpart's markings and details to those who are into such things, I'll include a link to an early version of my work for you people to give feedback/suggestions. This work is not final by any means, I still need to change/add some stuff.

And before anyone comments I do realise part of the texture is upside down, it will be fixed.

SgbsB5m.png

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=bluedog_saturnV.dds

Enjoy!

Edited by _Krieger_

20 minutes ago, _Krieger_ said:

Hi everyone, I'm making a custom texture for the Saturn V that more closely resembles the real life counterpart's markings and details to those who are into such things, I'll include a link to an early version of my work for you people to give feedback/suggestions. This work is not final by any means, I still need to change/add some stuff.

And before anyone comments I do realise part of the texture is upside down, it will be fixed.

SgbsB5m.png

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=bluedog_saturnV.dds

Enjoy!

Can we get a Kerbal States version?

I accidentally switched gears again.Y'all should start learning to take what you can get from my now, I'm a rebel with no release roadmap cause.

Kānaloa! Note that it still has the Apollo decoupler in these shots. It will be replaces with a same height/size control block without a decoupler. You also get AARDV Tug once that control block is in, since it's just sticking an Apollo docking port directly on top of it in place of the cargo module. I guess the block 2 version has a CADS port instead?

lYvmop7.pngaM3zGKM.png6KTZCEt.pngfetch.php?w=750&tok=fd87de&media=timelin

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

I accidentally switched gears again.Y'all should start learning to take what you can get from my now, I'm a rebel with no release roadmap cause.

Kānaloa! Note that it still has the Apollo decoupler in these shots. It will be replaces with a same height/size control block without a decoupler. You also get AARDV Tug once that control block is in, since it's just sticking an Apollo docking port directly on top of it in place of the cargo module. I guess the block 2 version has a CADS port instead?

One step closer to my ETS stuff.

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I guess the block 2 version has a CADS port instead?

That's correct. The Blk 2 AARDV used CADS.

Holy crap @CobaltWolf could the parts get any more amazing. Between this and the mission module from a free days ago and the Skylab, I'm drooling on my phone.

2 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

That's correct. The Blk 2 AARDV used CADS.

Holy crap @CobaltWolf could the parts get any more amazing. Between this and the mission module from a free days ago and the Skylab, I'm drooling on my phone.

But what about the Tug version...? Idk they just never mentioned it.

And yeah, I'm starting to get these textures down to a 45 minute process :P

From what I can find, blk 2 tug used the Apollo probe.

Or rather, there was never a blk 2 tug. The AARDV tug got a SM upgrade when the Apollo blk IV did but blk 1 & 2 for the AARDV reference the cargo vessels only. The tug would just be the tug with its 60's era pointy bits.

Edited by Daelkyr

Quick field report from 1.2... For some reason, my attempts to build a Sarnus V with four tail service mast launch clamps resulted in it... breaking. Engines wouldn't respond, clamps wouldn't release... I can't tell if I actually snapped off the engine mounting structure or not, but moving the clamps further up the vehicle resulted in the same issue. And yes, I am running all the parts with rigid connections and autostruts, and the only mods that I have installed that would even remotely impact this are KIS/KAS, RCSBuildAid, and MechJeb. :confused:

EDIT: Oh, and an attempt at launching a Sarnus 1E with the same clamps went flawlessly. Maybe it's the drastic difference in weights?

I'll grab some pics tomorrow... I've got an early shift at work tomorrow, and I need to catch some rack time.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

10 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Quick field report from 1.2... For some reason, my attempts to build a Sarnus V with four tail service mast launch clamps resulted in it... breaking. Engines wouldn't respond, clamps wouldn't release... I can't tell if I actually snapped off the engine mounting structure or not, but moving the clamps further up the vehicle resulted in the same issue. And yes, I am running all the parts with rigid connections and autostruts, and the only mods that I have installed that would even remotely impact this are KIS/KAS, RCSBuildAid, and MechJeb. :confused:

EDIT: Oh, and an attempt at launching a Sarnus 1E with the same clamps went flawlessly. Maybe it's the drastic difference in weights?

I'll grab some pics tomorrow... I've got an early shift at work tomorrow, and I need to catch some rack time.

The S-II interstage does not take kindly to rigid attachment. Id just turn off rigid attachment for all parts and just run with auto struts.

Edited by Avalon304

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

*axe drop through pictures*

G***a*m*t, That looks great!/We can't write configs fast enough, ahhhhh~~~!

And of course the life support and KIS/KAS have updated so they have a purpose again.... sonofanutcracker.... :P 

On 12/10/2016 at 10:16 PM, sp1989 said:

I don't know what this is but it only happens with BDB installed. Its a strange flicker in the VAB it happens at seemingly random times but it happens most often when my cursor is on the right side of the left side of the screen about to click on a part. I took everything else back and added mods one by one and BDB where the issue seems to be and I tried it with just BDB installed. 

Everything is fine int he picture. Then I move the cursor to the left to the parts and this happensIt seems to happen for varying lengths of time and for different reasons. However the game seems to play fine the rocket launches and I can play but it is quite an annoying glitch. I also don't know why it happens with BDB. 

Here is my ksp.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcybc65bdg6owx6/KSP.log?dl=0 and player.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

Finally here are the mods I have installed.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:34 PM, sp1989 said:

I know it seems subtle but when you are playing the game it certainly isn't. If you look at the pictures side by side you can see the issue I am talking about. Look at the bottom left where the cost of the vessel and symmetry stuff would be. It look "like" a layers was taken away? I don't know but it certainly is a visual glitch. I was getting in in the pre-release but assumed it was a bug they would kill unfortunately completely stock I don't get that glitch. Its only when I install BDB.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:43 PM, IronCretin said:

I get that glitch too, but I assumed it was a stock bug.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:54 PM, sp1989 said:

I have not tried it with any other parts besides the Apollo parts but it doesn't seem to be parts just generally clicking anywhere in the VAB like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnSqtsW5xdk

Which plugins do i delete? 

edit: deleting the plugin did not fix it. 

On 12/10/2016 at 11:15 PM, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolf, thanks a ton for all the great work you've put in, I remember when this was just Redstone and Atlas, there was no Mercury, and Gemini was the new big thing! We've certainly come a long way since those days, haven't we?

@komodo, I got the same issue in the pre-release as well, but while running Windows 10. It was only while BDB was installed. :huh: Curiouser and curiouser. 

Checking around the forum, I found this:

It seems not an issue directly related to BDB, but more a problem on the new parts menu full of parts.
<Araym senses an upcoming KSP 1.2.1 very soon>

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

But what about the Tug version...? Idk they just never mentioned it.

And yeah, I'm starting to get these textures down to a 45 minute process :P

The block 2 also had a wider pressurized module, as well as an unpressurized trunk (kinda like the one for the Rhea resupply vehicle) squeezed between the pressure module and the control block.

Edited by awsumindyman
Posted on mobile. 'nuff said

Hello all,

I'm not sure if CobaltWolf is aware (he probably is), but IVA's don't seem to work on some of the capsules. Some capsules:

20161014165222_1.jpg

And then viewing IVA's it looks like this:

20161014165210_1.jpg

This is in 1.2 and the only other mod installed is mechjeb (the dev version). If there's any other information that you'd need to solve do ask. 

Here's the KSP.log from launch https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53792213/KSPNOIVAs.log

Thanks CobaltWolf! Otherwise loving the mod!

@Constan7ine thanks for the heads up! I don't officially support any IVAs (and I don't make any myself), so any IVAs in the mod were scavenged from elsewhere and bashed to fit. I don't think the Big G pod every got any sort of IVA. @Daelkyr (yes I'm throwing you under the bus) would the FASA Big G IVA work? Does it even have one? The Gemini lander doesn't have any sort of IVA and I doubt there are any that fit.

@CobaltWolf I'll check to see if FASA Big G had one and if it'll work. I am almost done with a first pass at a new Apollo CSM IVA that matches the dang windows. As for the Gemini lander, it's so basic, I could probably get you an IVA done today. (And I kind of threw myself under the IVA bus I begin with.)