[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

12 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Holy kerbals, batman. I just downloaded BDB 1.2 and realized the Saturn V is in there. AWESOME work, Wolfy!!!!  Looks amazing!!!!  

Now waiting for KJR to come out so I can actually launch it into orbit, as it's flopping like a limp noodle at the moment. I'll make some screenshots when KJR is out.

11 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Turn on advanced tweakables in the settings... then auto strut the Sarnus V.

Just now, Jack Wolfe said:

That was the story of my first three launch attempts. The upside was I had the abort sequence correct. After finding out about the "advanced tweakables" setting, I was able to tighten things up so she flies true. @CobaltWolf and his team have done an outstanding job with this release. My hat is off to them and their dedication to do right by these historic vehicles.

That was like, the entire point of the 1.0 release. :P

Yeah, KJR, or liberal use of auto struts. And adjusting the gimbal of the F1s down. and disabling the gimbal on the middle one (as you should). I was able to get it flying fairly stable with autostruts... and I think @IronCretin figured out that stock nodes go up to size 5, instead of 3 like we thought.

And thanks @Jimbodiah and @Jack Wolfe! Now that it's done, we can get to the fun parts. :) Sky's the limit now.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Negative, Ghostrider. However, my mod Sample Capsule Return capsule needs an update (easy enough, I might be able to do it tonight) but it is based loosely on a film return bucket. Jso was working on a new system for our cameras (in terms of balancing them, not a huge plugin or something) and I believe he had something like film capsules. The new stock science container also gives me hope.

Ok. Right that is the very mod I thinking about. I am getting old. Just could not remember the name of it. I was thinking about it today because the new stock science container is rather nice. It fits into the Belle payload very well but does look kinda strange sandwiched between a probe core and inline chute. So far it works like a charm. It has been fun to try and get my mock ups to land near the the space center today by tying to copy how Corona did it.

Very nice if we could use the new part module on the return capsule. I used to have this working with a previous non stock science container attached into the sample return capsule. From KIS I think. So yeah this looks very promising so far as a concept.

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

That was like, the entire point of the 1.0 release. :P

Yeah, KJR, or liberal use of auto struts. And adjusting the gimbal of the F1s down. and disabling the gimbal on the middle one (as you should). I was able to get it flying fairly stable with autostruts... and I think @IronCretin figured out that stock nodes go up to size 5, instead of 3 like we thought.

And thanks @Jimbodiah and @Jack Wolfe! Now that it's done, we can get to the fun parts. :) Sky's the limit now.

I'm finding I prefer the new system to KJR, simply because it forces me to be more thoughtful about the design/assembly process. Yes, it's more work. But it's worth it in the end because now I know every beastie in my livery inside and out, allowing me to hunt down points of failure faster. It appeals to the engineering nerd in me.

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

its definitely possible (sorta unclear why everyone wants a LESS functional spacecraft considering you would probably be regularly docking during missions at that point...) and something ill make sure to get done. The roadmap doesn't keep up with the pace of ideas.

EDIT: I'll make sure to get it on to the current texture sheet.

'Cos we're nerds who are going to recreate every single Apollo mission including the ones with boilerplates, mass simulators Etc... And a proper Block I is a must :) Thanks for listening!

So I downloaded this mod recently and the top 2 stages of the Saturn v does not have any liquid hydrogen. I am running:

animated decouplers

bahamuto decouplers

chatterer 

DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric

Docking camera

firespitter

mechjeb 2

module manager

smoke screen

texture replacer

I am on ksp 1.2 Is anyone else having this problem?

18 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

So I downloaded this mod recently and the top 2 stages of the Saturn v does not have any liquid hydrogen. I am running:

~snip~

Delete the CryoEngines compatibility, those configs have been activating themselves for some reason. Apologies for the confusion.

11 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

But, but... BDB comes with the necessary LH2 engines for that stage.

we have our own cryo engines type setup in the mod. Its basically the same as having the optional configs activate with cryoengines installed, but they're always on. But the old configs keep activating and breaking the parts. If you delete the compatibility, the parts will work as intended, with lqdHydrogen tanks and engines.

1 hour ago, munlander1 said:

animated decouplers

bahamuto decouplers

chatterer 

DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric

Docking camera

firespitter

mechjeb 2

module manager

smoke screen

texture replacer

I am on ksp 1.2 Is anyone else having this problem?

You need community resource pack.