[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

@CobaltWolf, I've adapted this: 

to work with the Gemini IVA from this mod (including fixing the color codes for newer RPM). However, I note that while female Kerbals are positioned correctly within the IVA, male Kerbals are positioned too high, resulting in the instruments just below the windows being cut off (either fully, or partially). Makes it rather difficult to use them with Jeb, Bob, or Bill.

The above mod is only a config tweak for the props and does not seem to supply or alter the base IVA model, which I had to link to the one supplied with BDB. Can you do something about the positioning of male Kerbals within the IVA?

2 hours ago, Einarr said:

@CobaltWolf, I've adapted this: 

to work with the Gemini IVA from this mod (including fixing the color codes for newer RPM). However, I note that while female Kerbals are positioned correctly within the IVA, male Kerbals are positioned too high, resulting in the instruments just below the windows being cut off (either fully, or partially). Makes it rather difficult to use them with Jeb, Bob, or Bill.

The above mod is only a config tweak for the props and does not seem to supply or alter the base IVA model, which I had to link to the one supplied with BDB. Can you do something about the positioning of male Kerbals within the IVA?

pinging @tg626, he made the Gemini IVA for his mod TRAILS.

11 minutes ago, Einarr said:

Oh, so he's the one who adapted the FASA Gemini IVA for it? Vids I've seen of the standalone TRAILS Gemini pod have a different IVA...maybe he swapped out after those were made...

Wait, FASA Gemini IVA? Is that still in BDB? I thought we had replaced it with his.

If you did, it would have been fairly recent. My setup still uses the FASA Gemini IVA.

Edit: Seems your first post in the new TRAILS thread was on Oct 24. I definitely had BDB before that, but not by much. I usually just overwrite for updates, so if you did update to the newer TRAILS IVA since Oct 24 it might not have worked for me. In any case, I do prefer the FASA one especially with MOARdV's touches. More functional and aesthetically pleasing. I've looked at the new TRAILS thread and while that IVA isn't bad, it lacks much of the functionality from the one I'm using now.

I was hoping you could resolve my issue as you likely have both the required tools and knowledge to do so fairly easily. I looked into doing it for myself, but found that the complexity kept rising (not a simple config file edit and can't just load the .mu into Unity to move the camera, for instance). I have no experience with modelling for KSP...and they don't make GMAX anymore...so I'd have to learn a whole new modelling program.

Edit 2: I am running BDB 1.0.1 and only see the FASA Gemini IVA in Spaces. None of the other folders seem to be relevant to the TRAILS Gemini. I also noticed that BDB does not make use of KSP-AVC, something you might want to consider eventually.

Edited by Einarr

Hello again,

I have downloaded the latest GitHub master zip as of today. There is an interesting problem I've noticed over the last master. Where has the Leo Nose Docking Module gone? When I installed the new mod files and loaded up my previous craft designed for the Gemini 8, I get an error saying I can't launch because the docking mechanism is locked, despite the fact I had purchased the part earlier. I've searched for it in the VAB menus and in R&D, and its completely gone.

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Wait, FASA Gemini IVA? Is that still in BDB? I thought we had replaced it with his.

In either case @Einarr I can tell you right now, talk to Squad.  They made it so your eye is lower if you are "in a seat" occupied by a female kerbal.  Bad choice in my book but there you have it.

Edited by tg626

1 hour ago, NyanTurian said:

Hello again,

I have downloaded the latest GitHub master zip as of today. There is an interesting problem I've noticed over the last master. Where has the Leo Nose Docking Module gone? When I installed the new mod files and loaded up my previous craft designed for the Gemini 8, I get an error saying I can't launch because the docking mechanism is locked, despite the fact I had purchased the part earlier. I've searched for it in the VAB menus and in R&D, and its completely gone.

you should not be using the Github master for career games. Right now we are auditing the tech tree placement of many of the parts - something that has been sorely needed for some time. I believe that changing the tech tree placement of a part that has already been unlocked will cause that sort of issue.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

you should not be using the Github master for career games. Right now we are auditing the tech tree placement of many of the parts - something that has been sorely needed for some time. I believe that changing the tech tree placement of a part that has already been unlocked will cause that sort of issue.

I see. I'll remember that whenever I change mod versions in career. I was using the master zip since the current release version of BDB gives me 10 errors in MM caused by using this mod and KScale64.

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@TimothyC What do you know about Project Timber Wind? I need some reference for the smaller nuclear engine! I'm coming up pretty dry, and you're my reference dude.

4ldcAtD.png

To be honest, i don't like it.

This:

pizQRy9.png

And this:

aeJghh0.gif

Is currently all I have to work with.

I think that the second image isn't from TIMBERWIND, but from earlier NTR work (hence the Titan IIIM, not a Titan IV. I do have some references at home, but alas I am not there at the moment.

Ok, getting back to this, the first thing you have to remember is that TIMBERWIND never produced even a full-up prototype - just prototype-of-a-prototype subcomponents (work on fuel elements, composite turbines, ect.)

You can get a lot of info on it here, on DTIC. Like most NTR engines, you don't end up with a lot of plumbing or components around the reactor giving it a very simple look. I'd look at the numerous NTR images from the late 1990s and early 2000s as they were often based on TIMBERWIND technologies.

Hey y'all, thanks to some help from @Teslamax (I think) my streaming software apparently works again! So I'll be trying to do a development stream tonight around 7 PM Eastern, at the usual place. For those of you that are a bit newer here (I've noticed a lot of new regulars on the thread since I stopped doing them!), it's pretty much me and some other modders talking smack, @TimothyC talking about space history, and my crappy music playing in the background while I work on modeling and texturing new parts. Probably going to continue work on Skylab, maybe with a quick detour to work on the Apollo stuff as well (since i want that to be done for this update). Right now I am sort of planning for a release around Christmas - hopefully - with all the new stuff. Remember that includes such things as ALL the ETS Apollo variants, the Centaur G, the Vega upper stage, a lot of balance and testing done by @Jso and @komodo, a tech tree rebalance by @minepagan; overall it's going to be a big update.

16 hours ago, Spike88 said:

Is this going to effect SETI careers?

First we are doing stock-only, once we get that fleshed out we will work on compatibility with tech tree mods.

To answer your question: Probabally, but I don't know since I don't use SETI.