[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Pardon the question of a guy who really has no idea what he is talking about, but didn't KW already have a Saturn V stockalike material? What makes this mod's Saturn different/better?

KW rocketry only adds the parts to build the Saturn V, and while they're high quality parts, the art style is a few steps closer to the real thing than most of the art in KSP. BDB on the other hand offers a full array of parts to not only replicate Apollo style lunar landings, but the other Saturn launch missions as well. All of which are wrapped in a beautiful and low-memory footprint stockalike style. 

The ninja JoseEduardo is right. BDB is the stockalike FASA equivalent. like Tantares is for Russian spacecraft and Contares is for European spacecraft.

17 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Pardon the question of a guy who really has no idea what he is talking about, but didn't KW already have a Saturn V stockalike material? What makes this mod's Saturn different/better?

Mine has cyrillic on it.

We also have a manual. Which covers like half the parts in the mod...

EDIT: @Doc Shaftoe pls succ me more <3

EDIT2: This should explain.

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 11/22/2016 at 6:38 PM, Jall said:

One complaint with at least the Toches-P engine

The what?

7 hours ago, Spike88 said:

What's the optimal time to drop the booster engines on the Atlas D?

For a slightly more complicated way to do what Venom said, you can make a copy of this spreadsheet and figure it out exactly. I use a SmartParts timer to stage. In stock 1x it's not real important when, you have plenty of deltav. In higher rescales it matters.

At around 10,000 meters the sustainer becomes more efficient than the boosters, so not before then. After that it's just a question of having enough velocity and low enough remaining mass the sustainer can carry you the rest of the way.

Does the actual SMURFF mod need to be installed in order to get rescale compatibility to work? I do not seem to see any changes to mass or fuel amounts on any scale that I use with Sigma Dimensions. I have tried 3.2 and 6.4 rescales.

Edited by Redleg1

So I just tracked down a nearly game breaking bug. The bug causes the player to be unable to right click anything near a probe core. Fortunately it's not a bug with BDB, but it is caused by Real Plume. Given the level of support that mod has in BDB I felt I should bring it to this treads attention.

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can I just snap my fingers and be done with it? I have so much more crap I want to do for it but I also want to not have it hanging over my head right now...

Remember, I am free, untalented child labor. Look at this work of art!

ELnYxm9.png

19 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

So I just tracked down a nearly game breaking bug. The bug causes the player to be unable to right click anything near a probe core. Fortunately it's not a bug with BDB, but it is caused by Real Plume. Given the level of support that mod has in BDB I felt I should bring it to this treads attention.

That's what causes it? Also, I've been encountering it around all small parts, not just BDB probe cores. Do you know if there's a fix for it?

58 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Happy Thanksgiving! At least to the American people on the forums!

As for the Brits, be quietly thankful that all us Americans left you in peace. :P