[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

@Jso sent me a very clear explanation of what he thought is going on, and why TweakableDockingNode was wrong.

The code in question is more than 4 years old.

I can now state that @Jso was 99% correct in his diagnosis.  After looking at the code, I have identified what is most likely a very long-standing bug, in that the code was simply looking for ANY animation attached to a docking node, rather than one which is referenced as part of the docking node itself.

I've fixed it, am now testing it before release

If anyone would be interested in testing this new dll, I'd appreciate some other eyes.

It is working for me, the only issue I've seen so far is when Ven's Stock Revamp is installed, Ven's adds docking bumpers, which can be deployed or not (now without removing the docking node).  Even when the shielded docking port is closed, the bumpers can be deployed.  Looks funny, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to fix a harmless glitch like this.

@Jack Wolfe were you only having problems with the docking nodes?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxw3tqnt7xitmhj/TweakableDockingNode.zip?dl=0

The only problems I had with docking port nodes was in the VAB. I could not place the Gemini nose cap or the Apollo LES without a lot of jiggery-pokery. Otherwise they worked as normal.

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Was this using the new dll?

No, it was using the prior dll. I'll test yours if I get a chance this evening.

Designed a variant to bring a crew of five to LKO at about 61k. Puts the spacecraft (9.75t) into a good 85-89km orbit with a couple hundred m/s left. Based off of the Ares I design and uses a Titan III SRB and a modified S-IV utilizing 1 J-2 engine. The spacecraft has a low TWR @ .23 in Kerbin SOI, but I used the Daleth K upper stage engine for the ISP advantage which proves useful.

5ZHraxj.png

AORWEYl.png

skEX5CS.png

Has anyone had a problem where engines simply don't deliver the thrust they say they're delivering? I have a KER readout saying the rocket has a TWR of 1.9+, and the thrust output of the first stage (this is a Muo V) corresponds to that, but the navball G-Meter and the actual performance of the rocket are showing around 1.1g to 1.2g.

This problem has happend before. Once with a Daleth II and twice with Muo 1s.

My output logs, if they're any help: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B442KKEvDnJ9YW9tWE9ZMFVyVEk

6 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

Has anyone had a problem where engines simply don't deliver the thrust they say they're delivering? I have a KER readout saying the rocket has a TWR of 1.9+, and the thrust output of the first stage (this is a Muo V) corresponds to that, but the navball G-Meter and the actual performance of the rocket are showing around 1.1g to 1.2g.

This problem has happend before. Once with a Daleth II and twice with Muo 1s.

My output logs, if they're any help: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B442KKEvDnJ9YW9tWE9ZMFVyVEk

TWR =/= acceleration.

2 minutes ago, minepagan said:

TWR =/= acceleration.

I'm running the engines at full throttle, and I've launched this type of rocket before. I know what kind of performance to expect out of it, and it's not delivering.

Edited by NotAgain

8 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

I'm running the engines at full throttle, and I've launched this type of rocket before. I know what kind of performance to expect out of it, and it's not delivering.

did you verify the Payload mass ?

maybe some resource definition changed and it's heavier now ?

Or maybe some other resource is there

Just now, Jasseji said:

did you verify the Payload mass ?

maybe some resource definition changed and it's heavier now ?

Or maybe some other resource is there

Yes, I went through the whole rigamarole. Looking at the mass, there shouldn't be a problem, even totally full of fuel. I could add another couple of tons and it should still be okay, looking at the figures.

3 hours ago, NotAgain said:

Then apparently you don't.

On a more serious note, maybe its related to balloon tanks? Or you accidentally put a thrust limiter on something?

I really can't offer much in the way of actual help without some pictures of your rocket.

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Jso sent me a very clear explanation of what he thought is going on, and why TweakableDockingNode was wrong.

The code in question is more than 4 years old.

I can now state that @Jso was 99% correct in his diagnosis.  After looking at the code, I have identified what is most likely a very long-standing bug, in that the code was simply looking for ANY animation attached to a docking node, rather than one which is referenced as part of the docking node itself.

I've fixed it, am now testing it before release

Thank you. I'm sure several other mods will benefit from this.

11 minutes ago, minepagan said:

On a more serious note, maybe its related to balloon tanks? Or you accidentally put a thrust limiter on something?

I checked. This time I attempted to launch it, it behaved. Instead of a normal launch, I quicksaved on the pad and immediatly reverted to that quicksave, and it behaved.

33 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

I checked. This time I attempted to launch it, it behaved. Instead of a normal launch, I quicksaved on the pad and immediatly reverted to that quicksave, and it behaved.

Huh, that's strange. Can you recreate it in a game with only BDB (+dependencies) and KER?

So, I'm planning on actually streaming tonight, continuing my cleanup of old parts and such. I realize that's probably not what everyone wants (they're probably waiting on a certain space station to be finished... or some of the other dozens of things I haven't finished...) but its something that I feel needs to be done. I was experimenting with the Thor tanks earlier and I think the results speak for themselves...

unknown.png

Compare to Porkjet's rocket part revamp...

4Srqrcn.jpg

Edited by CobaltWolf