[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

33 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

renders can be deceiving...

we will have to wait until they are in-game.

Fake news.

Note on Gemini - I would like to add some color back to it, I just haven't figured out how yet. It will definitely be more subtle than the previous markings.

unknown.pngunknown.png

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I would like to add some color back to it, I just haven't figured out how yet.

you could add some gunmetal blue (?) mixed with the black which already looks amazing; Give it that blue-ish black glint in the sunlight

26 minutes ago, Abrecan said:

you could add some gunmetal blue (?) mixed with the black which already looks amazing; Give it that blue-ish black glint in the sunlight

Actually I kinda like how the Gemini and the mercury have the same color scheme, though it would be nice to switch textures like on the apollo...

1 hour ago, Abrecan said:

Not sure about that, but I found a pic of it on the real s/c.... looks like a giant holster for a badass space cannon :P

It's the horizon scanner housing.

img124.jpg

19 minutes ago, Jall said:

That could probably or put in like it is for the vega tanks- a toggleable "fairing" type thing.

What?

Edit: Is Bame's Nond having a stronk, shall I call a bondulance?

Edited by minepagan
The bond's Name. James Name.

20 hours ago, e of pi said:

That is a magnificently large stack of propellant. If I may toss a performance question back at you, how's it perform compared to M02 and H03 to the same orbit, or to escape?

Well, I can lob About 45 tons to Duna at 2X PERFECT for Duna Direct. (90 tons to Duna in stock). Moreover, I can launch an Artemis xC mission all in one to the Mün without the EUS in both versions. 

On 3/23/2017 at 10:47 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Fake news.

Note on Gemini - I would like to add some color back to it, I just haven't figured out how yet. It will definitely be more subtle than the previous markings.

Wow these new textures are amazing @CobaltWolf   RE Color and Gemini capsule...  Dark Red seams on the hatch / forward part joints (ahead of  the cockpit.)  Not true loaction for this color compared to RW Gemini but it is the right color as depicted on the simple color-plates posted above by @Abrecan

I too like the idea of adding almost black blue shade to the Gemini capsule.   Make it A-11/F-12/SR-71 Blackbird black that way.  After all the real, non museum painted Blackbird black is actually Iron-ball Blue RAM (RADAR Absorbent Material) paint.    Drawback if you wanted to show burning on re-entry... It burns to rust and not charcoal black.

On 3/24/2017 at 2:54 PM, Jack Wolfe said:

It's the horizon scanner housing.

AKA an aft facing Camera.  The USAF "Blue-Gemini" program has documents that mention this location for various cameras as well.   Of-course Blue-Gemini/Gemini-II was canceled along with MOL. 

Edited by Pappystein
Fixed Grammer

15 hours ago, Pappystein said:

AKA an aft facing Camera.  The USAF "Blue-Gemini" program has documents that mention thiis location forvarious cameras as well.   Of-course Blue-Gemini/Gemini-II was canceled along with MOL.

Actually, it was a ventral-facing scanner that was flown on the Gemini missions. Here's the source material. Gemini Guide - Horizon Sensor System