[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

11 minutes ago, ISE said:

Anyone know if someone ever made a TAC LS cfg? Cuz I really wanna use these sexy works of art :wink: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/master/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/TAC-LS

Looks like it, was last updated around the same time the last new crewed parts were added.

57 minutes ago, mkosmo said:

@linuxgurugamer

Is anybody else having trouble getting the latest version via CKAN?  Looks like it's incorrectly sorting (since prior to 1.1.0 the versioning used the "v" prefix, whereas this one doesn't), so is that why CKAN is upset?

http://prntscr.com/fa4txn

Oh dear, I think that is my fault. I don't know how to fix it though. :/

4 hours ago, mkosmo said:

Is anybody else having trouble getting the latest version via CKAN?  Looks like it's incorrectly sorting (since prior to 1.1.0 the versioning used the "v" prefix, whereas this one doesn't), so is that why CKAN is upset?

Let the ckan people know. They might be able to fix the sorting.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh dear, I think that is my fault. I don't know how to fix it though. :/

It must be pulling that from Spacedock, the "v" prefix is on ckan Github . I suppose we could release a patch.

Edited by Jso

Looking forward to seeing more of that Gemini lander. And while we're on the subject of tiny lunar-surface crew vehicles... I haven't seen discussion around here of the Lunar Escape System or Lunar Flying Vehicle vehicle proposals. Seems like it would be a prime candidate for KIS/KAS assembly... maybe even an alternative to a proper ascent stage, if it's packed into a cargo-variant LEM. 

2 hours ago, Olympic1 said:

It's fixed now, we forced a "v" prefix for the version number.

Thank you so much!

10 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

Looking forward to seeing more of that Gemini lander. And while we're on the subject of tiny lunar-surface crew vehicles... I haven't seen discussion around here of the Lunar Escape System or Lunar Flying Vehicle vehicle proposals. Seems like it would be a prime candidate for KIS/KAS assembly... maybe even an alternative to a proper ascent stage, if it's packed into a cargo-variant LEM. 

Well, first off if they require KIS/KAS they wouldn't be in base BDB, but of course I have no qualms about having extra requirements in little 'expansion packs'. However, I can't say that sort of thing is particularly exciting to me. There are plenty of other bigger fish to fry. :)

1 hour ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

I tried loading in the Venus/Mars flyby craft, however, it failed to load.

Is there a link to the experimental version that contains these parts?

I think it is the Experimental version on Github. Download the Github master(not releases), then install the BDB folder from the master's GameData folder.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/jRnhk"><a href="//imgur.com/jRnhk">Manned Orbiting Observatory 1</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Manned Orbital Observatory 1

Kind of a Shuttle-Saturn, but with a Saturn Multibody and a Shuttle-C on the top with labs and stuff in the bay for long duration sekrit activities.

9 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/jRnhk"><a href="//imgur.com/jRnhk">Manned Orbiting Observatory 1</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kind of a Shuttle-Saturn, but with a Saturn Multibody and a Shuttle-C on the top with labs and stuff in the bay for long duration sekrit activities.

1 hour ago, DarthVader said:

10 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Really cool +1

14 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

That is very deeper-brown-ok-hand-sign.png What are you planning to dock with the MOS 1.875m docking port? More modules? That'd be awesome.

44 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Ohhhh...THAT'S where it was!

If you need help:

dAktqhH.png

48 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

Hey @CobaltWolf, I know you plan to make a number of Castor variants with Moar Solids, but I wondered, is Antares (and it's Castor) within the scope of this mod?

The Castor-30 that Antares uses is already included in the mod.

For the Antares first stages, that would require parts that are not on the BDB roadmap at this time.

Edit: Well, sort of. The NK-33 engines would have about the same amount of thrust as the E-1s would have, and there is 2.5m tankage on the roadmap (for Kolyma's Shadow's Miranda launcher).

Edited by TimothyC

15 hours ago, TimothyC said:

The Castor-30 that Antares uses is already included in the mod.

For the Antares first stages, that would require parts that are not on the BDB roadmap at this time.

Edit: Well, sort of. The NK-33 engines would have about the same amount of thrust as the E-1s would have, and there is 2.5m tankage on the roadmap (for Kolyma's Shadow's Miranda launcher).

I can't wait for BREXIT to stop distracting Cobaltwolf err actually that isn't true, BREXIT will be an awesome collaborative mod unto itself from what I have seen out of it's various authors.   Rather I should say, I am patiently awaiting an E-1 engine setup similar to the newest Titan engines deployed in the master copy on Github.   And a Saturn 1 mounting plate with a re-designed bottom section so we can mount a 4x E-1 array to it...  Then Saturn I family can be considered complete as far as *I* am concerned including the fanciful but awesome S-1E stage. 

On the subject of the new Titan engine, I am unsure if @Jso or @CobaltWolf are aware the Titan engine in the master with the select-able adapter sizes has a gap between the top node and the engine with no adapter is chosen.  It appears to have the same space between the engine bell assembly and the node as the 1.25m tank butt.   I have not downloaded the master in about a week so if you have already fixed it AWESOME!   Engine in question is: bluedog_LR87_SingleChamberB.cfg   I will verify if this is not listed in the Git and post there as well.