[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Cobalt - Is BDB compatible with KSP 1.3 or does it need to be reworked?

If answered previously, I apologize but did not see anything earlier in this thread.

BTW, I think the work you did with this Mod is awesome :D

2 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I have another two cents:

make other things that fit in the holes.

Like a light, or a small science container, or a KAS container. those would all be useful for an orbital tug/shuttle.

What about doing this, but with the parachutes? Make LS containers, science experiments, antennas, recyclers, fuel cells, ect. that fit in the slots the parachutes normally go in. Those would be great for a DA Apollo (since you'd have the parachute where the DP is normally). It would also be cool for the LEM Shelter proposals.

18 hours ago, minepagan said:

What about doing this, but with the parachutes? Make LS containers, science experiments, antennas, recyclers, fuel cells, ect. that fit in the slots the parachutes normally go in. Those would be great for a DA Apollo (since you'd have the parachute where the DP is normally). It would also be cool for the LEM Shelter proposals.

exactly. that's exactly what I mean.

19 hours ago, Tuko said:

Cobalt - Is BDB compatible with KSP 1.3 or does it need to be reworked?

If answered previously, I apologize but did not see anything earlier in this thread.

BTW, I think the work you did with this Mod is awesome :D

Mostly. All the science experiments don't work, Because DMagic will crash your game. The fuel and mesh switching won't work, because B9PartSwitch will crash your game You will have to update B9PartSwitch or else it crashes your game. And while your tanks will be full of hydrogen, it won't boil off unless you update the plug-in in the mod (which is in the Git). But the rest of the mod works really well.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto
Turns out that boil-off is done in house. Adjusted post to reflect that.

16 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

All the science experiments don't work, Because DMagic will crash your game.

I'm pretty sure the cameras and the magnetometer are the only experiments that rely on DMagic; the rest of the experiments use the stock module. 

It should even be possible to create an interim patch that converts the DMagic experiments back to the stock module, with some loss of functionality. 

6 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

And while your tanks will be full of hydrogen, it won't boil off, because CryoEngines

CryoEngines is not a dependency, we use our own boiloff code. There's an updated 1.3 BDB.dll on GitHub in the Extras folder for testing. The boiloff slider in settings is still screwed up so I'll see what I can do about that.

You can play without B9 for fuel switching but there are a few parts that use it for mesh switching and lack the NEEDS[B9PartSwitch] clause so they throw errors. B9PartSwitch is updated.

You also need ModuleManager 2.8.0.

Edited by Jso

11 hours ago, Jso said:

CryoEngines is not a dependency, we use our own boiloff code. There's an updated 1.3 BDB.dll on GitHub in the Extras folder for testing. The boiloff slider in settings is still screwed up so I'll see what I can do about that.

You can play without B9 for fuel switching but there are a few parts that use it for mesh switching and lack the NEEDS[B9PartSwitch] clause so they throw errors. B9PartSwitch is updated.

You also need ModuleManager 2.8.0.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.  

I gather I need to manually apply the Mod and only use the Bluedog_DB folder.  The B9PartSwitch, CommunityResourcePack and ModuleManager 2.8.0 I downloaded via CKAN.

Will you be updating the CKAN download to reflect above mentioned issues for Bluedog?

On 5/27/2017 at 0:14 PM, Rory Yammomoto said:

I have another two cents:

make other things that fit in the holes.

Like a light, or a small science container, or a KAS container. those would all be useful for an orbital tug/shuttle.

23 hours ago, minepagan said:

No, I'd rather not add more single-use parts. That's the same holdup I have with making experiment palletes for the inside of the service module.

7 hours ago, Tuko said:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.  

I gather I need to manually apply the Mod and only use the Bluedog_DB folder.  The B9PartSwitch, CommunityResourcePack and ModuleManager 2.8.0 I downloaded via CKAN.

Will you be updating the CKAN download to reflect above mentioned issues for Bluedog?

CKAN will update whenever an official release is put out, which will be after we make sure everything is working. Some time in the next couple of days maybe.

In the meantime, we can't really offer support for any issues that arise out of getting the test release working. But I don't expect there to be any issues provided it's all installed correctly.

43 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No, I'd rather not add more single-use parts. That's the same holdup I have with making experiment palletes for the inside of the service module.

What about making a generic "container" then? You can stick whatever you want in it, it'll still lool flush, and you would only have 1 part that is multi-functional  (even if it can only be used in 1 place).  Same could be done with the service module; you could make different sized "pallets" that fit into the bays.

Dammit.

My game keeps crashing and the last line in the log is:

[LOG 08:42:51.286] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_AgenaA/bluedog_AgenaA'

LS command of my gamedata (it's all links because I don't to keep copying it in)

Spoiler

000_AT_Utils           KerbalEngineer             NearFutureProps
000_USITools           Kerbaltek                  QuarterRSS
Bluedog_DB             Kopernicus                 ReentryParticleEffect
Coatl Aerospace        KSEA                       RSS-Textures
CommunityResourcePack  ModularFlightIntegrator    Squad
CryoEngines            ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll    SXMk2
CryoTanks              ModuleManager.2.7.6.dll    SXT
DeployableEngines      ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll    Tantares
DIRECT_LV              ModuleManager.ConfigCache  TantaresLV
HabTech                ModuleManager.ConfigSHA    TweakScale
HalfRSS                ModuleManager.Physics      UniversalStorage
KerbalAtomics          ModuleManager.TechTree     WildBlueIndustries

(I don't think it's you, but I put my issue here because you mod is the last line in the log)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

18 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Dammit.

My game keeps crashing and the last line in the log is:

[LOG 08:42:51.286] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_AgenaA/bluedog_AgenaA'

LS command of my gamedata (it's all links because I don't to keep copying it in)

Reveal hidden contents

000_AT_Utils           KerbalEngineer             NearFutureProps
000_USITools           Kerbaltek                  QuarterRSS
Bluedog_DB             Kopernicus                 ReentryParticleEffect
Coatl Aerospace        KSEA                       RSS-Textures
CommunityResourcePack  ModularFlightIntegrator    Squad
CryoEngines            ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll    SXMk2
CryoTanks              ModuleManager.2.7.6.dll    SXT
DeployableEngines      ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll    Tantares
DIRECT_LV              ModuleManager.ConfigCache  TantaresLV
HabTech                ModuleManager.ConfigSHA    TweakScale
HalfRSS                ModuleManager.Physics      UniversalStorage
KerbalAtomics          ModuleManager.TechTree     WildBlueIndustries

(I don't think it's you, but I put my issue here because you mod is the last line in the log)

Are you playing on 1.3?

3 minutes ago, Hay said:

Are you playing on 1.3?

erm...

yes.

*walks off in shame*

(I have updated some of my mods, including BDB, but I thought the others wouldn't cause problems. I must have been wrong. having only BDB, B9Partswitch, and Tantares works fine.)

EDIT: (But without any tanks, apparently - must've forgot CRP.)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

erm...

yes.

*walks off in shame*

(I have updated some of my mods, including BDB, but I thought the others wouldn't cause problems. I must have been wrong. having only BDB, B9Partswitch, and Tantares works fine.)

EDIT: (But without any tanks, apparently - must've forgot CRP.)

If you have the steam version you can revert to 1.2.2

2 hours ago, Hay said:

If you have the steam version you can revert to 1.2.2

No need...

1u17DsC.png

This is Skylab II. I had some problems with the transfer from 1.2.2 to 1.3 and I accidentally an entire space station, and so I decided to make a new one. It's a bit more useful - It's on the same sort of orbital inclination as the Mun Moon, so I can easily strap boosters to it and send it off. On top of that, it has enough High-strength MOL ports to allow for a whole host of expansions.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

39 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

What do you want from it? There's a couple different little things that all need to be installed differently.

The saturn rescale and real names

Edited by abbe026

2 hours ago, abbe026 said:

The saturn rescale and real names

Just drop Saturn_Rescale.cfg and RealNames.cfg anywhere in your gamedata folder, they'll activate through Module Manager. Just know that there's no warranty for any issues encountered using them. :)

52 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Just drop Saturn_Rescale.cfg and RealNames.cfg anywhere in your gamedata folder, they'll activate through Module Manager. Just know that there's no warranty for any issues encountered using them. :)

okay thanks:D

On 5/29/2017 at 1:14 PM, Rory Yammomoto said:

No need...

1u17DsC.png

This is Skylab II. I had some problems with the transfer from 1.2.2 to 1.3 and I accidentally an entire space station, and so I decided to make a new one. It's a bit more useful - It's on the same sort of orbital inclination as the Mun Moon, so I can easily strap boosters to it and send it off. On top of that, it has enough High-strength MOL ports to allow for a whole host of expansions.

Is that RSS? How did you get RO configs working? ...or is that stock sized rss

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

WIP Titan decoupler

ZcJ244k.png

Oooooooooohhhhhhh!    1.875m?   AWESOME!    When can I haz?  :P    Kidding of course.  @CobaltWolf   Am continued to be amazed :) 

So that brings up a question that sort of popped into my head today while I was driving (4.5hrs of drive-time today) is there any way to apply a SLIGHTly greater force at the top of a decoupler to tend to pop SRBs/SRM/LRBs away from the Connected Rocket?   IRL bomb shackles do this the front or rear as needed has a higher force of explosive (I kid you not explosives are used to drop bombs) to separate the bomb tail or nose first.

IE can a decoupler apply a torque from top to bottom in addition to sideways push force?