[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

@TheRedTom I don't know if I've missed anything but where did you get Skylab's telescope mount and solar panels on it?

I can't find it, but it was either @Angel-125's ATM module from M.O.L.E., or @raidernick's Skylab ATM with @Drakenex's fixes/modifications.

EDIT: Not really working today, but here's the Titan 2 first stage tank that I was working on briefly yesterday. GR40KsF.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

Any suggestions for flying the Atlas 1? Whenever I eject the skirt, it tends to strike the engine and causes the rocket to either careen out of control, or at least wobble  off its course. I've only been successful with it a couple times.

34 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

Any suggestions for flying the Atlas 1? Whenever I eject the skirt, it tends to strike the engine and causes the rocket to either careen out of control, or at least wobble  off its course. I've only been successful with it a couple times.

By skirt I assume you mean the booster fairing. The two vernier engines will clip on it if they're placed too low. Try to place them so the lowest point of the nozzle is not below the bottom of the big tank.

2 minutes ago, Jso said:

By skirt I assume you mean the booster fairing. The two vernier engines will clip on it if they're placed too low. Try to place them so the lowest point of the nozzle is not below the bottom of the big tank.

I'm using the one from @minepagan's craft files.

5 hours ago, Spike88 said:

Maybe you stage the booster fairing too early, tell me your altitude it can be that, you should stage the fairing booster at 16km or more.

2 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Maybe you stage the booster fairing too early, tell me your altitude it can be that, you should stage the fairing booster at 16km or more.

....or it could be that I did, indeed, place the verniers too low on the model. If so, whoops. I'll fix it when I can.

hey all, just a quick snippet of info I noticed regarding the Saturn V paint scheme, but didn't know if anyone else knew;

Upon looking at some info regarding model painting I found some info regarding the S-IC - mainly SA-500 - SA-502ish that the paint schemes match BDBs well, but this particular scheme proved to heat the intertank region too much... They did slap a fresh coat of white on the top halve of the black paint; it can be seen in some photos. Just a neat thing I learned :P

SA-500F

800px-Apollo_Saturn_V_Test_Vehicle_-_GPN

Apollo 4

apollo_4_at_pad-full_0.jpg

Notice the nice new paint compared to the square just above the USA -

It looks like the repainted various pieces in the S-IVB and Interstage structure as well.

11 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Anywhere between 11km-40km, all with the same result. Mind you it's a stock system.

8 hours ago, minepagan said:

....or it could be that I did, indeed, place the verniers too low on the model. If so, whoops. I'll fix it when I can.

It was the Atlas 1D, I'll check when I get off work In 3 hours.

5 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

Anywhere between 11km-40km, all with the same result. Mind you it's a stock system.

It was the Atlas 1D, I'll check when I get off work In 3 hours.

Mhm it is weird so, as minepagan well said I suggest you to see where you place your verniers, it may be come from that.

Edited by DiscoSlelge

4 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Mhm it is weird so, as minepagan well said I suggest you to see where you place your verniers, it may be come from that.

It was the Verniers, I moved them up like @Jso suggested and the fairing came off like a dream. @minepagan, I only checked the C-D so you might want to check the A when you fix it.

38 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

It was the Verniers, I moved them up like @Jso suggested and the fairing came off like a dream. @minepagan, I only checked the C-D so you might want to check the A when you fix it.

Well it shouldn't be a problem with the A, as that variant has no sustainer (and therefore doesn't stage)

1 minute ago, minepagan said:

Well it shouldn't be a problem with the A, as that variant has no sustainer (and therefore doesn't stage)

I wasn't aware of the differences between the A and the C-D.

Next question, is there anyway to alter the size of the launch tower/umbilicals?

9 hours ago, Spike88 said:

I wasn't aware of the differences between the A and the C-D.

Next question, is there anyway to alter the size of the launch tower/umbilicals?

they might be compatible with tweakscale, otherwise idk.