CobaltWolf

[1.2.2] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.1 "Razved!" 24/Feb/2017)

8345 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2017 at 7:01 AM, Teobald said:

Hi! O'm trying to build the Atlas II in my career mode but I can't select the Isor engine (centaur engine), it says it's depricated. :( Btw, is there a RD-180 engine for the Atlas III?

Keep up the good work! Love this mod!

8 minutes ago, DiscoveryKSP said:

The RD 180 exist just search atlas v because its meant for the atlas V, i dont know if atlas 3 and 5 engines are diffrent

@CobaltWolf, do you know that KVV is updated for 1.2?(i wish you updated the manual)

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/152430-121-kvv-kronal-vessel-viewer-exploded-ship-view/

Which one? There is one Isor/RL-10 that is currently in the mod. Some day I'll get around to finishing RL-10A (short extension, later Atlas models) and RL-10B (Huge extension, Delta models), maybe when I'm working on touching up Centaur.

The RD-180 exists as a 2.5m engine but needs a different model for the 1.875m engine version.

@DiscoveryKSP Oh? The manual is mostly updated. We need Scout and Vega maybe but overall it's up to date.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

Right after Delta IV

Which is right after Nova/C-8 right?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minepagan said:

Which is right after Nova/C-8 right?

Which is getting made after Barbarian right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

Which is getting made after Barbarian right?

Which is after the One manned mercury station right?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Which is after the One manned mercury station right?

Oh come on!  You know hypothetical Titan rockets have a higher importance than anything Mercury right?   J/K :)

Besides your own "rank" says you are a Titan II handyman... Wouldn't a Titan V be better?  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Oh come on!  You know hypothetical Titan rockets have a higher importance than anything Mercury right?   J/K :)

Besides your own "rank" says you are a Titan II handyman... Wouldn't a Titan V be better?  :)

 

Titan II > All launch vehicles

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @CobaltWolf i love this pack and how you are following porkjets design styling. Small amount of feedback, i find the panel lining (especially on the Gemini) a little too harsh. 

Also, do you have any plans for the future? Are there any plans for things like Nova or more of Von Brauns Saturn proposals (clustered Titan stage anyone?) Going by the AARDV and the block III-V Apollo i guess you've looked at eyes turned skyward so are there any plans for Artemis? 

Anywho thanks for all of the hard work and time you have put into this and i look forward to what may come :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bluedog doesn't work. I installed it using the file (copied the gamedata folder into the KSP folder), loaded up the game, and created a new save. When I went to the VAB, none of the parts were there. There were parts in the section with all the fairings, but their images were blank, and when clicked on, no parts loaded.

What do I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nickrulercreator said:

Bluedog doesn't work. I installed it using the file (copied the gamedata folder into the KSP folder), loaded up the game, and created a new save. When I went to the VAB, none of the parts were there. There were parts in the section with all the fairings, but their images were blank, and when clicked on, no parts loaded.

What do I do?

I think you didn't install it correctly. You have to copy the contents of the Gamedata folder and copy them into the Gamedata folder inside the KSP folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chimer4 said:

Hi @CobaltWolf i love this pack and how you are following porkjets design styling. Small amount of feedback, i find the panel lining (especially on the Gemini) a little too harsh. 

Also, do you have any plans for the future? Are there any plans for things like Nova or more of Von Brauns Saturn proposals (clustered Titan stage anyone?) Going by the AARDV and the block III-V Apollo i guess you've looked at eyes turned skyward so are there any plans for Artemis? 

Anywho thanks for all of the hard work and time you have put into this and i look forward to what may come :)

Definitely, the Gemini needs to have another quick pass done. Not much more than tweaking a few layers, painting a little bit on spots I missed (Big G cabin doesn't have anything I think).

Yeah we have lots of plans, check out the road map. I am actually not a huge fan of Nova (it looks doofy) but there will be plenty of advanced Saturn V parts eventually. Probably not going to make dedicated parts for the Saturn A and B series, I'm not sure they're worth making custom parts for. I'd need to actually make new models and textures for the clustered stages. I am a big ETS fan but I'm probably not going to do Artemis; it doesn't share enough heritage with the Apollo era stuff and I'd rather concentrate on Apollo legacy hardware for endgame - advanced LEM variants and shelters and stuff.

And you're welcome! :)

16 minutes ago, nickrulercreator said:

Bluedog doesn't work. I installed it using the file (copied the gamedata folder into the KSP folder), loaded up the game, and created a new save. When I went to the VAB, none of the parts were there. There were parts in the section with all the fairings, but their images were blank, and when clicked on, no parts loaded.

What do I do?

Sounds like you didn't install it correctly. Try again maybe? Post a screenshot of your Gamedata folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody mind getting me some reference images of the Apollo CSM on top of the adapter that the LEM is in? Because whenever I try to build it, the engine nozzle of the CSM clips through the LEM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Does anybody mind getting me some reference images of the Apollo CSM on top of the adapter that the LEM is in? Because whenever I try to build it, the engine nozzle of the CSM clips through the LEM.

Are you attaching the hidden node at the base of the SPS onto the SLA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I am. I'm doing so because if I attach it to the bottom of the CSM's engine, the rocket wobbles around like crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Yes, I am. I'm doing so because if I attach it to the bottom of the CSM's engine, the rocket wobbles around like crazy.

Well, pictures of the incorrect offset then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gimme a second. My game takes 8 minutes to load and it crashed when I tried to go back to the space centre after completing a tourist mission.

EDIT:

Here's a picture. I'm using the Ven's Stock Revamp 'Clamp-O-Tron' docking port on top of the LEM, as my CSM capsule is modified to use a different pod and docking port:

exTkSE1.jpg

On another version, I tried to clip a 'Science-Junior' inside the top of the LEM, but the engine bell clipped in even farther.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question; which engine, if any, is intended to go on the bottom of the leo service module tank (the 1.5m one not the medici)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Here's a picture. I'm using the Ven's Stock Revamp 'Clamp-O-Tron' docking port on top of the LEM, as my CSM capsule is modified to use a different pod and docking port:

There's normally only an inch or two of clearance there. There are two alternate engines based on the LEM descent and ascent engines that provide a lot more room for additional hardware.

 

1 hour ago, Chimer4 said:

Quick question; which engine, if any, is intended to go on the bottom of the leo service module tank (the 1.5m one not the medici)?

I'm not sure there is one. Stick whatever you like on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2017 at 4:47 PM, Jso said:

There's normally only an inch or two of clearance there. There are two alternate engines based on the LEM descent and ascent engines that provide a lot more room for additional hardware.

I'm not sure there is one. Stick whatever you like on there.

Yeah I never actually made an engine for that service module. I sort of abandoned the Gemini stuff when it was partway done because I wanted to move forward on Apollo/Saturn/LEM.

Saturn V WIP textures are up! If anyone has feedback please let me know!

lENzGYR.pngvuSC2Fm.pngunknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah I never actually made an engine for that service module. I sort of abandoned the Gemini stuff when it was partway done because I wanted to move forward on Apollo/Saturn/LEM.

Saturn V WIP textures are up! If anyone has feedback please let me know!

lENzGYR.pngvuSC2Fm.pngunknown.png

They look kinda low res imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Hay said:

They look kinda low res imo

I took the screenshots in Unity. I didn't notice, but I was zoomed out enough that the mipmaps kicked in. They're the same resolution as before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now