[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

15 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

If I had the skill... I would do a lot more than just make RPM configs.
But I don't, so I'm mostly restricted to s h i t posting on this thread.

It's almost as if it's something that you just have to buckle down and learn and do... I didn't know anything before I started working on BDB :wink:

27 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Because then he'd have to make 2 - one animated one just for skylab, and one like he's planning for the free-flying version (the LEM lab)

So the ATM is going to be a part like the one from MOLE mod ?

Hey,

So I updated to the newest release and for some reason Real Fuels Stockalike is not working with the BDB fuel tanks. None of them have a Max Volume, however the version I was using before (V1.0.1) was compatible. Is there a patch somewhere or do I need to be asking this on the RF Stockalike thread?

*Edit* I just downloaded the newest version of Real Fuels as well as the latest config releases for RF Stockalike, and also downloaded the latest version of B9 Part Switcher. I'm going to see if this fixes it and report back.

*Edit 2* Still no luck. I checked the logs and the B9 part switch looks like it's doing it's thing but I have no volume on any fuel tank.

Log: Full .log file (not sure which parts are the most useful)

*Edit/Update 3* Went ahead and reverted it back to v1.0.1 and now the tanks have a Max Volume but only is available in LFO or LH2/O, even though the BDB engines are set up to use Real Fuels. I can't recall, but I'm assuming this is how the tanks were set up before, I just never used one I guess.

Edited by shoe7ess

7 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

Hey,

So I updated to the newest release and for some reason Real Fuels Stockalike is not working with the BDB fuel tanks. None of them have a Max Volume, however the version I was using before (V1.0.1) was compatible. Is there a patch somewhere or do I need to be asking this on the RF Stockalike thread?

*Edit* I just downloaded the newest version of Real Fuels as well as the latest config releases for RF Stockalike, and also downloaded the latest version of B9 Part Switcher. I'm going to see if this fixes it and report back.

*Edit 2* Still no luck. I checked the logs and the B9 part switch looks like it's doing it's thing but I have no volume on any fuel tank.

Log: Full .log file (not sure which parts are the most useful)

*Edit/Update 3* Went ahead and reverted it back to v1.0.1 and now the tanks have a Max Volume but only is available in LFO or LH2/O, even though the BDB engines are set up to use Real Fuels. I can't recall, but I'm assuming this is how the tanks were set up before, I just never used one I guess.

There are no RF Stockalike configs for BDB. The latest version is less broken than the previous versions since we disabled the B9 patch when RF is present. RF uses Modular Fuel Tanks. Other than the cryogenic tanks that RF Stockalike is not picking up on the tanks appear to be ok.

VZVIXO7.png

The new Solar Cells just came in. Which is good, considering that Spacelab 3's main solar panels have been blocked by the truss segments. I'll have to send a pruning mission - too many RCS nozzles means I'm getting about 14 out of 21 frames per second. (I always get a constant FPS of 21 when looking up and 10 when looking at a planet. 5 if I'm looking at a planet with an ocean.)

PS: can anyone put a KIS container in the AARDVark... container?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

1 hour ago, Jso said:

There are no RF Stockalike configs for BDB. The latest version is less broken than the previous versions since we disabled the B9 patch when RF is present. RF uses Modular Fuel Tanks. Other than the cryogenic tanks that RF Stockalike is not picking up on the tanks appear to be ok.

So if I want RF and I want BDB, what other mods would you suggest to go along with the BDB cyro tanks?

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I always get a constant FPS of 21 when looking up and 10 when looking at a planet. 5 if I'm looking at a planet with an ocean.

Ouch! It would almost be faster to hand-draw each frame. Atmospheric flight must be like watching a lethargic flip book.

1 minute ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Ouch! It would almost be faster to hand-draw each frame. Atmospheric flight must be like watching a lethargic flip book.

oh, so long as I don't look at the ocean, I'm fine. The ocean is really poorly coded - I heard it is an entirely different planet, which would explain my terrible frame-rates.

6 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

oh, so long as I don't look at the ocean, I'm fine. The ocean is really poorly coded - I heard it is an entirely different planet, which would explain my terrible frame-rates.

Really? I've never really had any significant framedrops when looking at the ocean.

Edited by Hay

29 minutes ago, Hay said:

Really? I've never really had any significant framedrops when looking at the ocean.

I used to before I got a proper gaming computer. There's an obscure setting I can't remember that can help with it a little.

wZWM8q1.jpg

1 hour ago, Jso said:

I used to before I got a proper gaming computer. There's an obscure setting I can't remember that can help with it a little.

I don't know if my rig is a "proper" gaming system, but it's ridiculously overbuilt for a machine used primarily by a writer. AMD FX-8300 processor, 32GB RAM, 4.5 TB disk space, and an nVidia GTX 1050 Ti SC video card. I think my lowest frame rate, with SVE and SVT, has been 40-some FPS during a Saturn V launch.

It's nice not having to wait for Google Earth to render in 3D as I zoom in for a tree-level look at Hadrian's Wall.