[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 4/20/2017 at 7:01 AM, Teobald said:

Hi! O'm trying to build the Atlas II in my career mode but I can't select the Isor engine (centaur engine), it says it's depricated. :( Btw, is there a RD-180 engine for the Atlas III?

Keep up the good work! Love this mod!

8 minutes ago, DiscoveryKSP said:

The RD 180 exist just search atlas v because its meant for the atlas V, i dont know if atlas 3 and 5 engines are diffrent

@CobaltWolf, do you know that KVV is updated for 1.2?(i wish you updated the manual)

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/152430-121-kvv-kronal-vessel-viewer-exploded-ship-view/

Which one? There is one Isor/RL-10 that is currently in the mod. Some day I'll get around to finishing RL-10A (short extension, later Atlas models) and RL-10B (Huge extension, Delta models), maybe when I'm working on touching up Centaur.

The RD-180 exists as a 2.5m engine but needs a different model for the 1.875m engine version.

@DiscoveryKSP Oh? The manual is mostly updated. We need Scout and Vega maybe but overall it's up to date.

4 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Which is after the One manned mercury station right?

Oh come on!  You know hypothetical Titan rockets have a higher importance than anything Mercury right?   J/K :)

Besides your own "rank" says you are a Titan II handyman... Wouldn't a Titan V be better?  :)

11 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Oh come on!  You know hypothetical Titan rockets have a higher importance than anything Mercury right?   J/K :)

Besides your own "rank" says you are a Titan II handyman... Wouldn't a Titan V be better?  :)

Titan II > All launch vehicles

Hi @CobaltWolf i love this pack and how you are following porkjets design styling. Small amount of feedback, i find the panel lining (especially on the Gemini) a little too harsh. 

Also, do you have any plans for the future? Are there any plans for things like Nova or more of Von Brauns Saturn proposals (clustered Titan stage anyone?) Going by the AARDV and the block III-V Apollo i guess you've looked at eyes turned skyward so are there any plans for Artemis? 

Anywho thanks for all of the hard work and time you have put into this and i look forward to what may come :)

Bluedog doesn't work. I installed it using the file (copied the gamedata folder into the KSP folder), loaded up the game, and created a new save. When I went to the VAB, none of the parts were there. There were parts in the section with all the fairings, but their images were blank, and when clicked on, no parts loaded.

What do I do?

14 minutes ago, nickrulercreator said:

Bluedog doesn't work. I installed it using the file (copied the gamedata folder into the KSP folder), loaded up the game, and created a new save. When I went to the VAB, none of the parts were there. There were parts in the section with all the fairings, but their images were blank, and when clicked on, no parts loaded.

What do I do?

I think you didn't install it correctly. You have to copy the contents of the Gamedata folder and copy them into the Gamedata folder inside the KSP folder.

4 hours ago, Chimer4 said:

Hi @CobaltWolf i love this pack and how you are following porkjets design styling. Small amount of feedback, i find the panel lining (especially on the Gemini) a little too harsh. 

Also, do you have any plans for the future? Are there any plans for things like Nova or more of Von Brauns Saturn proposals (clustered Titan stage anyone?) Going by the AARDV and the block III-V Apollo i guess you've looked at eyes turned skyward so are there any plans for Artemis? 

Anywho thanks for all of the hard work and time you have put into this and i look forward to what may come :)

Definitely, the Gemini needs to have another quick pass done. Not much more than tweaking a few layers, painting a little bit on spots I missed (Big G cabin doesn't have anything I think).

Yeah we have lots of plans, check out the road map. I am actually not a huge fan of Nova (it looks doofy) but there will be plenty of advanced Saturn V parts eventually. Probably not going to make dedicated parts for the Saturn A and B series, I'm not sure they're worth making custom parts for. I'd need to actually make new models and textures for the clustered stages. I am a big ETS fan but I'm probably not going to do Artemis; it doesn't share enough heritage with the Apollo era stuff and I'd rather concentrate on Apollo legacy hardware for endgame - advanced LEM variants and shelters and stuff.

And you're welcome! :)

16 minutes ago, nickrulercreator said:

What do I do?

Sounds like you didn't install it correctly. Try again maybe? Post a screenshot of your Gamedata folder?

26 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Does anybody mind getting me some reference images of the Apollo CSM on top of the adapter that the LEM is in? Because whenever I try to build it, the engine nozzle of the CSM clips through the LEM.

Are you attaching the hidden node at the base of the SPS onto the SLA?

Gimme a second. My game takes 8 minutes to load and it crashed when I tried to go back to the space centre after completing a tourist mission.

EDIT:

Here's a picture. I'm using the Ven's Stock Revamp 'Clamp-O-Tron' docking port on top of the LEM, as my CSM capsule is modified to use a different pod and docking port:

exTkSE1.jpg

On another version, I tried to clip a 'Science-Junior' inside the top of the LEM, but the engine bell clipped in even farther.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

4 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Here's a picture. I'm using the Ven's Stock Revamp 'Clamp-O-Tron' docking port on top of the LEM, as my CSM capsule is modified to use a different pod and docking port:

There's normally only an inch or two of clearance there. There are two alternate engines based on the LEM descent and ascent engines that provide a lot more room for additional hardware.

1 hour ago, Chimer4 said:

Quick question; which engine, if any, is intended to go on the bottom of the leo service module tank (the 1.5m one not the medici)?

I'm not sure there is one. Stick whatever you like on there.

On 4/23/2017 at 4:47 PM, Jso said:

There's normally only an inch or two of clearance there. There are two alternate engines based on the LEM descent and ascent engines that provide a lot more room for additional hardware.

I'm not sure there is one. Stick whatever you like on there.

Yeah I never actually made an engine for that service module. I sort of abandoned the Gemini stuff when it was partway done because I wanted to move forward on Apollo/Saturn/LEM.

Saturn V WIP textures are up! If anyone has feedback please let me know!

lENzGYR.pngvuSC2Fm.pngunknown.png

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah I never actually made an engine for that service module. I sort of abandoned the Gemini stuff when it was partway done because I wanted to move forward on Apollo/Saturn/LEM.

Saturn V WIP textures are up! If anyone has feedback please let me know!

lENzGYR.pngvuSC2Fm.pngunknown.png

They look kinda low res imo

So my turn to pay the tax....   Just unlocked the BDB Saturn I parts and decided to make an Iota (Mun) lander and do the 2 up 1 across and back rocket concept from prior to Saturn V...   This is the launch of the lander, sans crew.    A Big Gemini Crew Transfer vehicle on a different stretched Saturn IVA stage will take the crew to join up with the lander in high orbit at a way station (RE a refueling station.)  

RL-10A-4 engines from SSTU used on SIVA stage.   The lander's Agena tanks are powered by a 5x array of AJ-10-118D Delta rocket engines (MM file with BDB parts)  The lander has many parts from KIS/KAS, DMagic Orbital Science and Universal Storage.   All tanks have been MMed to use SSTU's fuel system (Hypergolic FTW!)  

I am running in the Galileo Universe so all new planets!  

And yes via FRMS this rocket should be 100% recoverable except the Interstage from S-Ia to S-IVa, the fairing and the lander.

41 minutes ago, TimothyC said:

screenshot39.png

Not a fan of the scratches.

While this pack is an awesome representation of real life parts and textures, he clearly states it is stock-alike in the title. This means scratches. 

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

While this pack is an awesome representation of real life parts and textures, he clearly states it is stock-alike in the title. This means scratches. 

Would follow up that the by the time the REAL launchers got to the pad they all had scratches.   The obvious ones were touched up but there are still several innocuous places that many of the Saturn Rockets can be seen to have damaged/worn paint.